Julius Randle is a USA Today First Team All-American, Kentucky is No. 1

randle-camp

USA Today Sports’ 2013-14 College Basketball Preview Magazine is out and there is no shortage of love for the Kentucky Wildcats. UK is USA Today’s preseason No. 1 team in America and Julius Randle received First Team All-American honors. The fun doesn’t stop there as Willie Cauley-Stein finds himself on the second team and Andrew Harrison is an All-American honorable mention.

Michigan State, Louisville, Duke and Kansas round at USA Today’s preseason top five.

Go Cats.

Article written by Drew Franklin

17 Comments for Julius Randle is a USA Today First Team All-American, Kentucky is No. 1

1. Will
    11:06 am September 24, 2013 Permalink

Link?

2. Russ Smith Sucks
    11:10 am September 24, 2013 Permalink

I thought Russ Smith was the best player on planet earth? Why isn’t he first team All America?

3. cotton
    11:19 am September 24, 2013 Permalink

Go Big Blue!!!

4. Ryan
    11:33 am September 24, 2013 Permalink

I went to USA Today and can’t find their list. Can you post a link?

5. DaveBiloxi
    11:52 am September 24, 2013 Permalink

In related news, the sun rose out of the east this morning. It is projected to set in the west. It’s going to be unfair this season.

6. Micah
    11:52 am September 24, 2013 Permalink

I’m not one to take the overconfidence route and though college basketball is loaded at the top this year, I think the rest of the country is out of luck. This team is going to be special with a ceiling so high its hard to comprehend

7. catdaddyd
    12:07 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

Looks like he has a big package, I mean the whole pakage.

8. wildcat whisperer
    12:19 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

Nice to have the preseason accolades….but I’d rather be certified No. 1 at the end of the year, with a ninth banner.

9. Russ Smith is AWESOME
    12:28 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

He is you idiot.

10. Owned By
    12:43 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties

11. RahRah
    12:56 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

Hey, RS=AWESOME, no need for name calling. You seem to be the only one who thinks so. USA Today obviously does not.

12. stubbs
    1:15 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

#10 – I believe that KSR has an “exclusive advertising partnership” with USA Today Sports Digital Properties. The brand owns/operates 11 sites and has the EAP with 100+ more, according to their website: http://sales.usatodaysports.com/sdp/

13. Carl Rogers
    1:23 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

Russ Smith is awesome, no name calling. You need to repent of your sins and ask Jesus the almighty God to forgive you of the many transgressions. If you fail to repent the almighty God might punish you by taking success away from the cats this season. If you want the Cats to hang banner number nine I implore you to ask Jesus for forgiveness. Praise his name forever.

14. Biglaw Dawgin'
    1:50 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

Man, I hate that they rank us so high with so many freshman. It just puts a big target on our back and too much pressure on these young guns. At least put us #2 or something. I guess in the end it doesn’t matter, because whoever wins the game between UK and MSU on Nov 15 will be #1 come the next Monday anyway.

15. James
    1:52 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

Hey awesome, he isn’t on the list.

16. Ky _Tom
    7:38 pm September 24, 2013 Permalink

I agree that this( single listing ) there are about 5 of them, adds some extra pressure on this young team. I also think the seeds we sow, is what we reap so Sowing bad Karma is not a good thing,..Many say that’s all BS, Karma that is..I try not rag on any UofL players, but I will rag on the UofL coach who has preached about some of his UofL players being the best he’s ever coached. My answer to that is this..If this is true coach Pitino, then when standing at the podium at the “”Hall of Fame” induction night..Then why say “”IF NOT FOR UK, the wins, the school, the schools AD, and Its Players, You would not be standing there tonight……Yes Smith is a great player, but I think the word “”Awesome”” is bit much….because if was “”Awesome”” I believe he would have not returned and went to last years draft for the NBA………….just my views on “”Awesome””, Karma, Pressure of being #1

17. Coach T
    12:02 pm September 25, 2013 Permalink

Julius Randle wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.