Jon Rothstein says Julius Randle is hitting threes

randle-camp

The basketball news nuggets just keep on coming. Last night, Matt gave you an in-depth breakdown of how each player was doing in practice so far, and now, CBS’ Jon Rothstein shared this tidbit about Julius Randle on Twitter:

“Hearing Julius Randle is taking and making 3’s for Kentucky. Will be a lethal element to his game if he can add it. Potential SEC POY.”

I just feel sorry for some of the teams we play next season.

19 Comments for Jon Rothstein says Julius Randle is hitting threes

1. Musehobo
    4:36 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

I think what I am most looking forward to, is showing all the naysayers who claim that because last year was a flop, that we may have the same issues this year. The ESPN message boards are full of people who think these freshman will turn out like last year’s. They just don’t even know what’s about to hit them.

2. PR
    4:36 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

Yep yep. Lets get it!!! C A T S cats cats cats…

3. DaveBiloxi
    4:40 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

I can’t wait til all 5 starters are freshmen. It can happen especially if Poythress gets passive again and Cauley can’t score in the post.

4. cracka
    4:42 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

anybody read this pay article? – about stanley johnson and uk, put up yesterday … i don’t have access

5. RealCatsFan
    4:42 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

I don’t feel sorry for any teams the Cats will play, especially after last year. Watching the game at Tenn, the loss to Robert Morris, etc., leaves me with the taste for blood. Get ready, beotches, beatdown’s coming!

6. Louisville1Cal4
    5:15 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

@1 I stopped using the ESPN boards after they started requiring a Facebook account for it. Those boards suck now that you can’t troll lol We will shut them up though don’t worry, no mercy will be shown. Cal will remind everyone that there is UK, & then there is everyone else.

7. BOSOX
    5:21 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

Obviously with my name LOVE Redsox baseball and football in general…. I cant wait to see this team play this year. Damn you (in a good way) Julius Randle for being a freaking beast. Be great year I believe… Thanks KRS for the updates! This website is awesome

8. cornbreadmafiacook
    5:22 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

if he’s hitting his 3’s, he sounds like he could be a more atletic version of Jamaal mashburn!

9. kadizkat
    5:33 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

I came to the comment section to read all the troll comments. Where have all the ‘lil brother fans gone?

10. STEVE!
    5:42 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

One 3 a game would be enough for me, just to show other teams he can hit them. I don’t want to see him camped out or wandering around the 3-point line like T Jones and A Poythress have done occasionally. I would be very happy to see him make a bunch of old fashioned three-point plays each game.

11. TheDon
    6:05 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

I’ve said it a couple times – against teams without a dominant big, we should go

1. Harrison
    2. Harrison
    3. Young
    4. Poythress
    5. Randle

all 5 can shoot, all 5 can drive, all 5 can defend. Perfect for the dribble drive, where everyone is a threat on the perimeter. If they counter with a smaller lineup, isolate Randle on the block.

12. ukfan
    6:22 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

CORRECTION: Future SEC POY…. Potential National POY

13. ukfan
    6:24 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

Also, I also find it very possibly that Randle can steal the number 1 pick in the draft away from Wiggins if he has THAT season we know he is capable of. Wiggins will be forced to shine from day one, a lot of weight on his shoulders. Nothing in this world (besides #9) would make me happier if Randle got picked #1 over Wiggins. #TheKentuckyEffect

14. Louisville1Cal4
    6:27 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

@9 Wondering how in the hell they are going to stop Julius Randle lol While they do have guys that will be able to limit some of the guys in small ways, they have no one with the physical gifts necessary to stop Randle. Sure, they could double or triple team him, but then again our line up will be too dangerous to try & double team anyone. Pick your poison basically, either way it’ll turn out bad.

15. NoelGallagher
    6:31 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

Julius, just use the shooting range to keep defense honest. don’t make that your go to. Dominate the middle and around the hoop 1st. use the outside touch to draw opponents away and make space for the other talent on the team.

16. UK56Always
    7:24 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

I’m with you “Ukfan” I hope Wiggins enjoys getting double and tripled team at KU. I just pray they try that on Randle! Young or Poythress will GO OFF!!!!

17. TheRealHambone
    8:31 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

the kid hits a few outside shots in practice and you guys start penning the whole season on that… UNBELIEVEABLE… lol what a bunch of twerps.

18. Wildcatsteeler
    8:49 pm September 23, 2013 Permalink

I’m usually not one for admiring guy’s bodies but that dude is a beast. How does someone get that big and developed at 18? I was a whopping 160lbs at that age. Genetics is a b*tch. I think the comparisons to Lebron’s advanced physique at the same age are right on target.

19. specialetta
    7:17 am September 24, 2013 Permalink

UKFan, I have said it before, Julius will be the #1 player in the nation this year and the #1 draft pick. He is the player I wanted most in this class.