Jon Hood is not happy Alex’s dunk didn’t make SportsCenter’s Top 10

Alex’s layup-turned-dunk is the buzz of  the Bluegrass this morning.  It was the major highlight of the game, and Jon Hood is not happy it didn’t make SportsCenter’s Top 10 plays of the day:

You tell ’em, Hosscat.

12 Comments for Jon Hood is not happy Alex’s dunk didn’t make SportsCenter’s Top 10

1. bung
    11:33 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

Hood must be a good guy to worry about his mates getting recognized… when here is a Senior that didn’t get to play even though his team was up by 21 with 5 min left in the game…

• Rei
      11:42 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

:'( ;_;

2. M
    11:44 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

Notre Dame was up 8 with less than a minute to go against Ohio State and lost. I think Cal is trying to get as much game action as he can for his younger players to get them all of the experience they can get. He also probably wants to see them take a 21 point lead to 30 rather than letting the foot off the gas but who knows.

3. twocoach
    11:45 am January 22, 2014 Permalink

The player that almost got posterized on that dunk was Randle. Glad he got out of the way.

4. Kimberly Jackson
    12:06 pm January 22, 2014 Permalink

Hey guys, UK cheerleader Kimberly Jackson here again. I just wanted to say I know exactly how Alex and Jon feel today. Last year at the USA-International Meets I landed a triple full step out backhand spring and it was perfect. I remember my friend Becky running up to me after the routine and she said OMG Kimberly that was amazing, that will definitely be on Sportscenter tonight. Becky and I stayed up until midnight that night to see the top 10 and I was so bummed when I wasn’t on there. I just want to say that just because Sportscenter didn’t show the play doesn’t make the play less great. Keep working hard Alex. Go Cats and Go Krogering.

• Freda Felcher
      12:29 pm January 22, 2014 Permalink

wat.

• Bobbum man
      12:53 pm January 22, 2014 Permalink

Fake

• PhilUK18
      1:05 pm January 22, 2014 Permalink

This schtick wasn’t particularly funny on the Elam article the other day. It’s still not very funny today, but whatever, carry on

• Blue
      1:07 pm January 22, 2014 Permalink

Your tights are cutting off the blood flow to your brain.

5. WRB
    12:28 pm January 22, 2014 Permalink

Well espn isn’t very bright in the first place. Any network that has big mouth Chris “Go to Hell” Berman, Dan Dickich, Boobie Knight, & Digger Phelps on their payroll can’t be all that smart.

6. Cornbread
    12:57 pm January 22, 2014 Permalink

That wasn’t Alex’s only monster dunk of the game was it? Is this clip from the 1st half?

Because he had a dunk in the 2nd half that looked even nastier than this one. I haven’t seen a replay, but it looked like he put his hand on the A&M defender and leap-frogged his ass to the rim.

7. Blue
    1:13 pm January 22, 2014 Permalink

The only thing that could have made that dunk any better would have been if Jimmy Dykes were under the basket again giving us his baseline perspective and the ball after being slammed through the net would have caused Jimmy to swallow his microphone.