John Robic’s daughter, Hayley, diagnosed with liver cancer, searching for donor

One of Kentucky’s own needs your help, Big Blue Nation.

Hayley Robic, daughter of Kentucky assistant coach John Robic, was recently diagnosed with liver cancer and is in search of a donor.

On her social media page, Robic wrote the following message:

“These past several months have been the hardest of my life,” she said. “After having emergency surgery, I’ve been diagnosed with liver cancer. Because of that, I will be getting a liver transplant and am in need of a donor. If you are interested in being tested to see if you’re a potential match, I’d be so grateful.”

The link can be found right HERE.

After sharing the post, Hayley’s sister and John’s other daughter, Sophie, asked for help on her own social media page.

“My sister, Hayley, has been diagnosed with liver cancer and needs a transplant. If you are willing to be a donor, please follow the link in my bio,” she wrote, adding the link shown above.

The Big Blue Nation is famous for spreading posts like wildfire and helping those in need, and this example is certainly no exception.

Hayley Robic needs your help. Let’s find her a donor.

In the meantime, our prayers go out to Hayley, Coach Robic, and the entire Robic family during this difficult time.

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

8 Comments for John Robic’s daughter, Hayley, diagnosed with liver cancer, searching for donor

1. omegagavin
    9:10 pm January 9, 2020 Permalink

God that sucks. Prayers for her recovery.

2. dhard
    9:37 pm January 9, 2020 Permalink

I list one of my brothers to this dreadful disease, my heart hurts for them.

• JASUN74
      5:16 am January 10, 2020 Permalink

God love you, I’m so sorry for your loss brother. Cancer is Worst thing that’s ever been, but it’s going down One day, I just hope I’m there when it does.

I’m Praying for you and all the people affected by this terrible disease. The best of luck to John’s daughter Hayley!! We’re here for you all the way sweet girl. Keep fighting and God Bless!

3. Cletis75
    10:04 pm January 9, 2020 Permalink

Praying for the family, and send my best wishes.

4. BTownUKFan
    10:59 pm January 9, 2020 Permalink

I’m too old :(. Prayers for the Robic family.

5. edlover
    6:11 am January 10, 2020 Permalink

My heart goes out to Hayley and her family.

I didn’t realize a person could donate part of their liver and that both the donor and the recipients livers will fully regenerate. I don’t qualify to donate on two of the following criteria

Technical advances in liver surgery, as well as the liver’s tremendous ability to regenerate, have made the live liver donor transplant procedure a life-saving reality.

Criteria for live donation of a liver:
    Must be in good physical and mental health
    Must be between the ages of 18 and 60
    Must have a body mass index (BMI) that is less than 35
    Must have a compatible blood type with the recipient
    Must be free from the following:
    Significant organ diseases (i.e., heart disease, kidney disease, etc.)
    Ongoing malignancy (cancer)
    Hepatitis
    Active or chronic infections
    Active substance abuse

6. mothandras
    7:00 am January 10, 2020 Permalink

Any idea what blood type we are trying to match?

7. RealCatsFan
    9:48 am January 10, 2020 Permalink

I am in awe of people who have the generosity to be living donors, especially to someone who is not close family. Someone like that is a rear breed and truly special. I read up on the donation process, and it is indeed major surgery for both donor and recipient. A donor can expect recovery to take at least 3 months. I wonder what provisions are in place for a living donor in regards to time away from work and medical expenses. Does insurance cover this? The generous part of my soul wants to do something like this, but the practical part of me has very significant worries.

Prayers to Hayley and her family that a donor can be found quickly and that she has a full recovery.