John Calipari will speak to the media at 2:45 p.m.

Clear your schedule for mid-afternoon because UK just confirmed that John Calipari will speak to the media at 2:45 p.m. regarding tomorrow’s game vs. Missouri, and, presumably, Yahoo Sports’ report this morning that three of his former/current players met with or accepted loans or meals from agents at ASM Sports.

While Calipari will speak, his players will not, a very smart move by Kentucky. We’ll have a live stream for you on KSR beginning at 2:40 p.m. If you missed it, Calipari, Eli Capilouto, and Mitch Barnhart have all released statement on the allegations facing the program:

John Calipari responds to Yahoo Sports’ report

[mobile_ad]

23 Comments for John Calipari will speak to the media at 2:45 p.m.

1. kbo24
    12:43 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Maybe I’m not seeing this from the right angle, but I’m not overly concerned about this. It appears to be an NCAA issue and not just a UK issue. The schools who were initially named had COACHES, on the staff, who not only not knew about the illegal benefits, they helped facilitate their payment. That’s obviously a problem, and something that doesn’t appear to be the case with UK. Again, I may not be looking at this correctly, but…

• Bobbum Man
      12:45 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Regardless the players involved (Knox maybe excluded) could still be ruled ineligible which would mean vacating victories etc stc

2. BigBlueNationDude
    12:51 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

We knew he was a cheater from day 1. Im glad I didnt go running my mouth to all my u if l friends lately. Matt and ksr ruined it all for us with the non stop bashing of U of L. No way you can get all those players and be clean.

• runningunnin.454
      1:08 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

I swear, you get dumber every day.

• Bobbum Man
      1:20 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Yeah cause a player talking to or taking money from an agent is on par with hiring underage hookers to have sex with ur underage recruits in order to try to get them to come to ur school…. I highly doubt Cal is involved in any of this even if the reports are true

• Booby Petrino
      1:33 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

ha ha ha ha this guy is so funny. And dumb.

• chris43
      1:49 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

You win the Internet for dumbest post of the day! Congrats!

• ClutchCargo
      1:49 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

BigBlueNationDumbass, I’m more convinced than ever that you have no life at all.

• 4everUKblue
      3:27 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

I didn’t think Slater could get any dumber but he sure has proved me wrong.

3. BigBlueNationDude
    12:56 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Out of all the teams listed today uk looks the worst. Matt was confident. Duke had 1 guy just get a meal. Fire Cal asap. Dont turn this into a Louisville situation. Either way it happened he is the coach. Terminate!!!! I knew his sleaziness would get us.

• runningunnin.454
      1:10 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Make that you get dumber every 5 minutes. I have never seen such a degenerative process.

• krautdog
      1:39 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

He’s a wolf in sheepskin-he’s just trying to pull your chain!

• catsarerunnin
      1:17 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Nothing can compare to what your buddy RP did so be gone with your usual moronic nonsense “Dude”.

• Booby Petrino
      1:34 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Fire Cal for what? LOL go back to class, break time is over little boy

4. Shagaris Sock Puppet
    12:58 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Somewhere in Wisconsin, Tyler Herro is re reading that invitation to the big baller league over and over trying to make sense of the future…. I had to lol

5. BluemanGreen
    1:01 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

You idiots do realize that UK didnt do anything and it was between the players and the agency? NOTHING even anywhere close to what UL did so dont even go there. Go Cats!!!

6. Mc12
    1:05 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

The rules need to change. If it is proven a school or coach was complicit and their actions could be seen as the reason a player committed to that university the punishment should be harsh. For example, at University 6 a member of the coaching staff hired hookers to sleep with recruits. According to FBI reports, there may be audio of Pitino authorizing a 100K payment. If you hire hookers, and you’re a coach, you were complicit.
    I know if a player received impermissible benefits they can be ruled ineligible. However, how can someone reasonably supervise that if they receive fairly small loans? Do you give the compliance department at the University access to bank records of the recruit and close family?
    How do you prevent this?

• Shagaris Sock Puppet
      1:20 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

You cant prevent this. Great point! The NCAA uses their rules to put fear in players and colleges eyes, so they can keep this organized so they have a purpose in all this and can reap in the benefits of the big dance. Now that this is all getting out by the FBI, they have no choice but to either, come down hard on all parties involved, or go the other route and totally reform college basketball and its amateurism laws.If they choose to just continue to sweep this under the rug, the rug cant block out all the dirt and this will only get worse. With all things, change is eventually a must. Its 2018 not 1965 anymore.

7. BBNstrive49
    2:08 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

I can tell you right now what he’s gonna say. “I was fresh as hell with the feds watchin”

8. morr88m
    2:28 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

How can we watch/listen live?