John Calipari Recaps Kentucky’s First Bahamas Practice

This summer the Kentucky basketball team will have ten official practices to prepare for their week-long trip to the Bahamas.

After weeks of open gyms, individual work outs and weight training, today John Calipari got to work with his team in an official capacity for the first time.  He came away impressed.

“Had our first of 10 days of practice yesterday before the Bahamas. I continue to be impressed with this group’s toughness and work capacity. Got a lot done in two hours, including defense for the first time this summer. If we are going to be special, defense and rebounding will be the key. Lots of experimenting and lots of fun.”

Coach Cal will have nine more practice opportunities before UK opens play at the Atlantis Imperial Arena against the Bahamian National Team on Wednesday August 8.

For this practice, we only got a couple of Calipari Tweets.  I have a feeling we’ll see and hear a lot more from the Joe Craft Center before the team departs for paradise.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

13 Comments for John Calipari Recaps Kentucky’s First Bahamas Practice

1. trumpetguy
    10:56 am July 28, 2018 Permalink

Typical Cal coach speak, “defense and rebounding”, etc. He likely won’t acknowledge, but knows all to well, if UK isn’t dramatically more efficient offensively, then defense and rebounding will only be an excuse for poor half court offense. (TRANSLATION: poor shooting team again!) Ball handling/passing/player movement/FG attempts must all be improved to be deep March team.

• Bigblue7982
      11:14 am July 28, 2018 Permalink

Debbie downer.

• ClutchCargo
      11:19 am July 28, 2018 Permalink

Jump to conclusions much? What he’s getting at is defense and rebounding is what will take this team from good to great. He’s assuming everyone realizes there are more good shooters on this team than in the past. Evidently he was wrong.

• gobble gobble
      11:57 am July 28, 2018 Permalink

What are you even talking about trumpet [email protected]€%er? How do you draw that conclusion is your small, redneck mind?

• gobble gobble
      11:57 am July 28, 2018 Permalink

*in

• 4everUKblue
      12:41 pm July 28, 2018 Permalink

Monty Moron.

• 4everUKblue
      12:42 pm July 28, 2018 Permalink

Trumpet I’m sure you have a much more impressive resume so why to you submit to for Cal’s replacement?!

• wyatts1
      1:34 am July 29, 2018 Permalink

Trumpet guy I and seemingly most completely disagree with your view, it’s all together harsh and not well thought out, of course he’s gonna worry about defense and rebounding sense virtually all positions are 2 deep with studs except for maybe our center position, which guess what… that position usually is responsible for rim protection (defense) and boards.
      However for gobble gobbles dumbazz to refer to you as a Redneck pisses me off, I bet he wouldn’t enjoy being on the other end of some racist ? but he doesn’t care to fan the flames against others. Stupid azz, keep your ignorance to your self

2. runningunnin.454
    11:52 am July 28, 2018 Permalink

Cal has been very optimistic about this team. I’m surprised he’s fanning the flames of expectations; since an unhealthy number of fans expect to win a title every year.

3. KYjellyRoll
    12:29 pm July 28, 2018 Permalink

I’d say this team has lots of shooters/ and scorers. So therefore, defense and rebounding may just be a concern?

4. bwise
    6:12 pm July 28, 2018 Permalink

I’m not watching unless Julius mays is playing (drew Franklin)

• Alex90
      10:37 pm July 28, 2018 Permalink

Wtf is your deal dumb#ss

5. UKWildcatNation
    1:23 am July 29, 2018 Permalink

Almost EVERY year around this time Cal is busy trying to temper the expectations of the fans and explaining how far away the team is from being decent. His enthusiasm and confidence has me pumped! I have been this excited since before the 2014-2015 season! I do not think we will be that good (should have gone undefeated but I won’t get on my soapbox here) but I think we definitely had what it takes to make a good run at #9