“Jimmy’s Jet” returned with Kentucky in First Class

Everyone’s favorite mid-game television segment with Jimmy Dykes returned last night with the season debut of “Jimmy’s Jet.” Dykes’ unique way of projecting the NCAA tournament field breaks teams up into airline cabin classes, and you’ll be excited to know Kentucky earned a spot among the four “First Class” teams.

“Kentucky is kicking the backseat of Duke,” Dykes said, an airplane analogy to UK threatening Duke at the top.

See the whole thing below, via the ESPN broadcast.

Article written by Drew Franklin

19 Comments for “Jimmy’s Jet” returned with Kentucky in First Class

1. tgoff
    10:50 am February 20, 2019 Permalink

Although I don’t mind being in Jimmy’s 1 seed pic I’m seriously sick of listening to him call our games. He likes to still talk and tell everyone what they should be doing on the court. If it were true he wouldn’t have been a failure as a coach! I wish he’d just stop that and take some pointers from The Tom Hart!!

• BBNnCLE
      11:00 am February 20, 2019 Permalink

Dykes’ defining moment this season for me was when he said he didn’t like Hagans guarding the UNCG player in the second half who went off in the first. I thought idk about that Ashton seems like our best defender and we all know what happened next. I like jimmy dykes but I like him a lot better when he’s coaching women’s basketball.

2. BUCats
    11:09 am February 20, 2019 Permalink

I fully realize that Jimmy’s Jet is ridiculous, but I look forward to his nonsense each year. Adds a bit of character to his calling of our games. I don’t remember anything about Farnham who did a lot of our games the past couple of years.

3. kyinsider
    11:26 am February 20, 2019 Permalink

Jimmys Jet was the most exciting during the Gillespie years

• catsarerunnin
      11:37 am February 20, 2019 Permalink

Yes we all enjoyed the Billy G years and love being reminded of them. You and your site will go far….

4. Bobbum Man
    11:40 am February 20, 2019 Permalink

I thought maybe Jimmy had a jet and gave UK a ride home last night

• michaelb
      5:55 pm February 20, 2019 Permalink

Hahahaha that’s the funniest thing I’ve read

5. ClutchCargo
    11:54 am February 20, 2019 Permalink

I actually don’t mind Dykes at all. He’s goofy, but he does know what he’s talking about and he mostly keeps it about the game he is working.

6. StuckinLville
    12:18 pm February 20, 2019 Permalink

I just don’t see how the NCAA could give Gonzaga the 1 over UK at this point. They don’t play anyone worth a damn in their conference.

• ukbradstith
      12:48 pm February 20, 2019 Permalink

Honestly, we don’t either other than UT and LSU. Plus, you have to think of the other teams too. If Gonzaga is one of the 4 best teams, and they are, then they should be a one seed.

• spincr4hire
      1:26 pm February 20, 2019 Permalink

The win over duke is keeping them ranked high

• mashburnfan1
      2:37 pm February 20, 2019 Permalink

careful brad. You are trying to make sense and KSR people have none of that. They will bash you for saying SEC is bad {I agree with you and that won’t help either}. Now SEC is better than the West Coast but Gonzaga played dUKe, UNC, Tenn, Zona {usually good}, A&M {probably was decent when scheduled}, @ Creighton and Pac 12 best in Washington {not great but best from that conf}. At least they played teams out of conf and the fact their conf is weak will hurt them come tourney time as they don’t get the challenges and tough games to help prepare them for the tourney. They are good though, lots of talent {not NBA guys but very good college players} and well coached. Tourney comes down to luck and not playing that team that has a career game vs you, like us shooting 55% vs UT. We shoot 55% we win vs anyone, trouble is that only happens 1 or 2 times a year.

• Skooms
      2:42 pm February 20, 2019 Permalink

Hey Mashburn, do you happen to be a season ticket holder??

• BBNnCLE
      3:14 pm February 20, 2019 Permalink

Whole lot of sense Mashburn makes talking about Gonzaga’s Schedule. He calls the SEC bad and then proceeds to refer to two PAC-12 teams as “strong” wins; only one of which is a tournament team. And to make matters worse he says that A&M was “probably” better in non confererence than they are now. I’m no genius but I’m pretty sure barring injury 100% of teams are better now than they were to start the season.

7. RealCatsFan
    2:02 pm February 20, 2019 Permalink

I’m actually good with us staying as the #1 overall 2-seed and getting to play at YUM against that group of teams that Lunardi had up a few days ago. Give me that all day long!

• Ridge Runner