Jeff Goodman predicts Pitino will beat Calipari this year (LOL)

cal-not-impressed-2

In his Can’t-Miss, Must-See Game of the College Hoops Season, Jeff Goodman predicts Louisville will defeat Kentucky in Louisville in December. That is the second-best game on the entire 2016-17 college basketball schedule, according to Goodman.

It’s “now the best rivalry in college hoops,” he says:

2. Kentucky at Louisville, Dec. 21: This is now the best rivalry in college hoops, largely due to the fact that there seems to be more pure hatred between the programs — and the coaches aren’t exactly buddies. John Calipari brought in another stellar freshman class, but don’t sleep on Rick Pitino’s Cards. They are deep, balanced — and talented enough to pull off the win at the Yum! Center.

Prediction: Louisville

At this time I would like to remind you that Rick Pitino has one win in nine games against John Calipari’s Wildcats.

I have no further comment.

Article written by Drew Franklin

41 Comments for Jeff Goodman predicts Pitino will beat Calipari this year (LOL)

1. ukjaybrat
    3:06 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

just another prime example of goodman looking for bbn to pad his wallet with click money… just like always

2. EdC
    3:11 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

Looking forward to the new annual tradition of the raising of the finger.

3. EdC
    3:11 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

Goodman is just willing to look stupid to get clicks. This prediction gets him more clicks than the logical prediction would.

• ClutchCargo
      3:18 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

Goodman was stupid even before clicks were a thing, but I get what you’re saying.

4. Le Docteur
    3:12 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

…and in other news, the sun rose in the east this morning

5. Realme
    3:17 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

You know that BB season is starting when JG starts trolling BBN.

6. ClutchCargo
    3:17 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

Poor ol’ Jeff Goodman. He cain’t hep it.

7. Basteballer
    3:29 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

Don’t Feed The Trolls

8. KYcats11
    3:31 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

Lol

9. secrick
    3:41 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

I believe Jeff Goodman must have been to some of the cards recruiting visits.

10. BLUEDOUG65
    4:45 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

I DO have a bad feeling about this years game in the YUM. You can say what you want about Rick, and you young guys don’t remember how good of a coach he was butt he guy can coach. We have had his number for sure and by and large have had superior talent.

I still think we pull it out, but it will be a war.

sometimes games go completely different than you think.. I actually think we will give them a good football game in PJS.

• Booby Petrino
      4:55 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

We’ll find out Thursday if Pitino will even be allowed to coach during this game or if he’ll be suspended for part of the season. I doubt he misses this game but my Louisville coworkers are scared he’s going to be suspended for ACC games.

• Booby Petrino
      5:03 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

Scratch that, NOA doesn’t include penalties from what i just read

• UKBlueGreen
      5:38 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

I don’t even care about anyone’s penalties anymore, hookers, etc. God only knows what we’re doing.
      SMDH.

• J-Dub421
      5:53 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

“At Big Blue Madness, a kid walked in wearing a Gucci blazer. That kid didn’t pay for it, and neither did anyone in his family.: Nice speculation there. You have absolutely no way of knowing what someone else did or did not pay for.

• CATandMONKEY
      5:56 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

• UKBlueGreen
      6:08 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

‘Glad you know the financial situation of every player’s family. Look up Gucci on Ebay.’

Look up the cost of tuition for Wilbraham and Monson Academy (56,000.00.) Maybe the same person paid for both.

• CATandMONKEY
      8:42 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

Or, perhaps because a kid can ball he was given a scholarship.

• CATandMONKEY
      9:13 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

UK Bluegreen;
      If you have inside information, please call the NCAA at 317-917-6222.
      They would be much obliged for your assistance.

• UKBlueGreen
      10:05 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

CATandMONKEY

I’m not naïve. If everyone else is doing it, we are too.

• UKBlueGreen
      10:22 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

CATandMONKEY

Did he get a scholarship to Wilbraham and Monson?

• The REAL Billy Hill
      11:26 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

See, I knew BlueGreen was a troll. I called it.

• The REAL Billy Hill
      11:36 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

And yes, Wenyen Gabriel played on scholarship at WMA. He was the 14th ranked player in the country. Dumbass.

HE WASNT GIVEN HOOKERS!!!!!

• UKBlueGreen
      12:24 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

Hill Billy, you’re an asshole. It’s scary to think you are an adult. Help control the pet population, have yourself neutered.

• CATandMONKEY
      8:11 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

Better an A-hole rather than tragically and hopelessly obtuse.

11. RealCatsFan
    5:10 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

Louisville actually appears to have a pretty good basketball team this year. The were one of the hottest teams in the top-25 last year before the ban, and they return a lot of key players from that team. They have some very good athletes, and we know that Pitino can coach. I would not be shocked to see us lose this game, especially on the road with such a young team. We have to leave them a crumb every now and then, or it will cease to be much of a rivalry. (That’s not to say that I still don’t savor a serious beatdown by the Cats – I was in attendance at YUM the year Jorts had his coming out party!)

12. UKBlueGreen
    5:13 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

I have a bad feeling anytime the guys don’t play at Rupp. For the last four years our guys can’t to hack it outside of Rupp Arena. Some away games they squeaked by with a win. Frustrating.

13. UKBlueGreen
    5:15 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

These next four years with Brad on his team will be Coach Cal’s toughest. It’s going to age Cal.

14. onsides
    5:27 pm October 18, 2016 Permalink

In the whole list on ESPN, Goodman has UK listed four times going 2-2. Winning against Kansas and Michigan State and losing to UNC and Louisville. I could see UK maybe losing 2 out of those 4 games, but I’m not worried about Louisville.

15. Lip Man 1
    1:44 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

Have not seen this on KSR but CBS Sportsline is reporting that the NCAA will release their findings against Louisville on Thursday. The story said that the 2013 championship is now possibly in question.

16. ukisgr8
    9:46 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

So is he saying there was once love between the programs?

17. ukisgr8
    9:47 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

And BlueGreen, how are you still allowed to post on a UK board? You clearly aren’t a UK fan so why would you even want to? Makes no sense to me.

• UKBlueGreen
      10:45 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

I am a UK fan. Graduated from UK. Just not naïve.
      If the MODS allow Hill Billy to post, anyone can post.

• UKBlueGreen
      10:46 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

I also have season tickets for football and basketball.

• The REAL Billy Hill
      12:11 am October 20, 2016 Permalink

“I am a UK fan. I have a suite and am best friends with Mitch.” I love the Internet.

18. UKBlueGreen
    11:01 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

Take note. This message board has lost some good posters because of asshole Hill Billy and his troll patrol. Guys even asked for the help of MODS and got nothing so they quit posting. Most of KSR’s posts get no responses because people are fed up.

• The REAL Billy Hill
      3:58 pm October 19, 2016 Permalink

Holy shit, somebody call a Wah-mbulance!!! This dude is seriously crying like a baby.

Did you seriously just admit that you told on me? Do you seriously expect us to believe that you and your crybaby friends have gotten together and whined because someone called you out on the Internet? What of thin skin p**** you are. It’s ironic too, Knowing that you’re a Trump supporter or. You probably like the guy because he “tells it like it is”. But if someone goes against your silly commentary, you go whining crying telling on people. That’s called censorship. The same things you GOP keep complaining about. Hilarious. And unbelievably hypocritical.

Also, do me a favor and never ever question my UK fandom. Now please, continue on about how you know who paid for a Gucci blazer. I’d love to know who your sources are. Idiot.

19. UKBlueGreen
    11:25 am October 19, 2016 Permalink

Some of us guys on here decided that Hill Billy is either a member of KSR’s staff or a close friend.
    Otherwise he would have been booted long ago. People have been booted for a lot less.

20. UKBlueGreen
    4:55 pm October 19, 2016 Permalink

Hill Billy

‘Also, do me a favor and never ever question my UK fandom’

You won’t stop me.

• The REAL Billy Hill
      11:47 pm October 19, 2016 Permalink

I know. You will hide behind your computer.

Don’t worry, we’ll keep calling you out.