Jarred Vanderbilt using scooter at Nuggets introductory presser

@nuggets

Jarred Vanderbilt arrived in Denver…on a scooter. After being drafted 41st by the Magic and traded to the Nuggets, Vanderbilt showed up to today’s introductory press conference riding a scooter and wearing a boot, confirming the buzz we’ve heard about his injury leading up to the draft:

Here he is with fellow Nuggets rookies Michael Porter Jr. and Feathers Thomas Welsh:

I say the name “Feathers” the same way Jerry Seinfeld says “Newman,” but look at what a good teammate he is by bringing Jarred’s scooter (just check out the new razor dirt bike) around the table for him:

Unfortunately, no one seemed to ask about Jarred’s timeline to return from that injury, but I think it’s safe to say he won’t participate in the summer league, which tips off in a few weeks.

Get well soon, Vando, and good luck.

[mobile_ad]

26 Comments for Jarred Vanderbilt using scooter at Nuggets introductory presser

1. Kat4Life
    4:10 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

I think I was closer to Enis Kanter than this guy. Wish him the best of luck, but my memories of him will be in street clothes.

• J. Did
      6:10 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

I’ve had two broken; R & L feet. Different occasions. Trike recommended. I declined. Both times. The women may need it worse. This pic says something.

• (Aixelsyd)0505
      7:02 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

And you were a million dollar investment too!?! Or just a glorified H.S. Star?

• bigbluebanana
      7:09 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

I don’t know whether to call you out for your “tough guy” attitude (I don’t need no stinking help with my broken foot, I’m Superman), or your incredibly dumb and sexist comment.

• runningunnin.454
      6:56 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

How dare he break his foot…damned inconsiderate.
      /s

2. madarchitect
    4:29 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

To each their own…

3. sprtphan
    4:46 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

Prediction: Jared and team doctor will become best friends.

4. kjd
    4:47 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

I don’t think he intended to play for us this past season. Negative commentary got to be too much for him IMO.
    Wonder how Diallo feels? Injured teammate drafted ahead of the “freakish athlete”.

• Wade
      5:36 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

Hami has no basketball skill

5. KatsKlaws
    5:15 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

So Denver ended up with 2 injured players that haven’t played full speed in some time?

6. Alex90
    5:32 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

He was questionable for the tourny games lol

7. kenny
    5:41 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

I think we all know that we were misled about his injury.

8. Blue Bill
    5:41 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

Hate to say it but I bet he never plays a whole season and is out of the league in a couple years. Hope not, glad he got paid, but don’t see it happening.

• damage_control
      9:47 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

2nd rounders aren’t guaranteed anything so it’s pretty likely he won’t be getting paid much if anything until he proves he can sty healthy

9. bigbluebanana
    5:51 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

I hope he blows up the league. Guy was hurt folks, and it was/is a lingering issue that will mess with his entire livelihood and ability to provide for his family and himself. He did what’s best for him, it’s not hard to figure out. Many seem to forget that when he was on the court for us, he gave 110% every second he played. I’d bet a small fortune lots of the folks calling him out for being soft have called off work, multiple times, for having a headache or cold.

• Blue Bill
      6:55 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

I’m with you 100% banana, but things were just so quiet and mysterious with him I feel there’s something more there besides just being injury prone. But you would think that an organization with that much resources would be able to know 100% what is/was wrong with him.

• bigbluebanana
      7:12 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

I’m sure Cal and UK knew everything, I feel it is just more likely they kept it in house for several reasons, the most important being to keep his future draft stock from sliding. It worked too, kid is getting his shot, went higher than many, myself included, thought he would go. Surely the team that drafted him is at least clued in enough to make a sound decision based on risk and reward.

10. CoachCat
    6:03 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

I have never understood why Cal just didn’t come right out and tell everyone what the actual injury was. Why lie?

• bigbluebanana
      7:15 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

Withholding info is not the same thing as a lie. I can’t think of one single reason any coach would HAVE to tell everyone the exact nature of any athlete’s injury, especially if said athlete is jockeying for draft position.

• KYFAN4LYFE
      8:06 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

Never heard of HIPAA I see. Whenever an athlete has an “undisclosed” injury, 99.9% it’s because the athlete chooses to no make that info public. This explanation, pulled directly from the HIPAA website should help you understand:

What is considered a breach of Hipaa?
      A breach of protected health information (“PHI”) is defined as the acquisition, access, use, or disclosure of unsecured PHI, in a manner not permitted by HIPAA, which poses a significant risk of financial, reputational, or other harm to the affected individual.

• JusSayin
      4:39 am June 23, 2018 Permalink

Because it would have hurt his draft stock. Look at what happened to Porter. He was looking out for him. He will never say how serious an injury is. Almost never does.

11. CoachCat
    7:36 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

Ok. I’ll talk to you like you’re a third grader. They said it was a ankle sprain. That’s where you hurt your ankle. Obviously it’s a much more serious injury. They said sprain. It’s not. That makes it a lie

• bigbluebanana
      8:45 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

Maybe it was more serious than they thought, or maybe they just didn’t give severity because IN NO WAY ARE THEY OBLIGATED TO TELL ANYONE ANYTHING. And why you so ensnared with a teenage boy’s injury status? Cal, UK, and JV owe you nothing bro. I bet you’re the same type of guy that bitches about entitled millennials, yet here you are acting like an entitled brat.

• Wade
      9:47 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

At the time it was an ankle sprain is it a lie then but after further review it wasn’t a sprain but he still wasn’t lying when he said it! Right? Then disclosure hipaa right? Right?no lying cal has been cleared!

• bigbluebanana
      11:38 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

Why does he owe you an explanation? I don’t get that part. Cal could’ve said Jarred was bitten by a radioactive zebra while visiting a petting zoo on Mars, and an ancient genie from Babylon told them if Jarred plays more than 20 minutes this season the apocalypse will come in the form of mutant Justin Bieber’s beating people to death with concrete dildoes…it doesn’t matter. Also, injuries can progress just like they regress there professor, it could’ve started out as a sprain and evolved into something worse, and something maybe they didn’t even understand. That’s all irrelevant though because the the only answer I, or anyone else needs to give you is “who cares? It’s his life and well being, not yours”. I have been a season ticket holder in one firm or fashion for all my 36 years on this earth, I bleed blue. My entire basement is decked out in UK garb, I LOVE UK Basketball more than anything on this earth other than my son, but if I was on the team and I had to choose between playing or potentially hurting my future by throwing away millions, I’m staying on that bench too.

12. BBNBRIAN
    9:04 pm June 22, 2018 Permalink

UK has the best trainers and doctors of any University in the US. For people to assume this was a misdiagnosis is ignorant. Vanderbilt’s injury was more serious than anyone let on. It was kept in house to protect him, nothing more.