Jarred Vanderbilt posts interesting captions on Instagram…

Tonight on Instagram, Kentucky forward Jarred Vanderbilt had some posts/captions of interest for the Big Blue Nation.

On his official page, Vanderbilt posted a typical end-of-the-year picture talking about not liking how the season ended but being thankful for the experience. At the very end, however, he included the phrase “Comeback gone be real.

Here was the original post:

He then deleted the post, and re-posted the same image and caption… without the comeback part included.

—————————-UPDATE————————–

Now, Vanderbilt changed the caption completely, talking about the BBN’s support, overcoming adversity, and being thankful for the memories he has made with his brothers at Kentucky.

With the season officially over, we should be hearing about potential NBA Draft news from Kentucky players in the coming days/weeks.

And Vanderbilt is certainly one of the main players of interest.

Did he let the cat out of the bag about a return to Kentucky? Did he delete the post because he doesn’t want people to overthink his comments? Does it mean he’s not coming back to Kentucky?

Who knows. What I do know, however, is that conspiracy theory season is officially underway.

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

42 Comments for Jarred Vanderbilt posts interesting captions on Instagram…

1. BigBlueMeade
    9:44 pm March 23, 2018 Permalink

He coming back

2. aj007
    9:55 pm March 23, 2018 Permalink

Two meanings…either referring to coming back for another season or coming back from an injury to be 100%. I don’t know if he was ever truly 100% this entire year with his issues. But deleting it makes me think he is still thinking about coming back or leaving and to not give people the wrong impression he felt inclined to erase his original wording.

• BonnieTayshaunBilly
      10:01 pm March 23, 2018 Permalink

I agree completely. I definitely think he is thinking about coming back…or leaving.

• Dragon
      10:27 am March 24, 2018 Permalink

I think u might be right…..but then again you could be wrong

3. 2thepoint
    9:57 pm March 23, 2018 Permalink

I hope so. Would be quite an anchor for the team. I hope Washington, Gabriel, Jones and Richards all come back. With normal improvements the inside game would be very good.

4. Catcasey1
    9:57 pm March 23, 2018 Permalink

His stock would be lottery next year if he and his family can wait a year

5. Lip Man 1
    10:02 pm March 23, 2018 Permalink

He was injured most of the year, who would risk a very high draft choice on that? Plus fair or unfair there are legit questions about his desire and toughness and willingness to play through injury. All are “red flags” for NBA teams.

I don’t know if he’s coming back or not. He should or he’ll end like like Archie Goodwin, Isiah Briscoe et al.

6. DelrayCat
    10:08 pm March 23, 2018 Permalink

BBN is tired of this game every year when the season ends…all this will this guy leave or stay.
    Only thing we care about now are the guys that will actually be here this coming Fall.
    Hopefully Vando comes back…along with most of the others…and we have a great year.
    But this schtick is truly getting old year after year.

• Ez21
      11:56 pm March 23, 2018 Permalink

So what is it you want then? U want Cal to go bc I promise u this, when he does you’ll be wishing you had him back bc there will be a severe drop off.

• Cokely53
      6:58 am March 24, 2018 Permalink

Speak for yourself. It’s a small price to pay to get the players we get.

7. shelby
    10:10 pm March 23, 2018 Permalink

In other words he really has no idea about his future and is trying to be careful to not mislead anyone.

8. bluecrowe
    10:19 pm March 23, 2018 Permalink

I think it just as easily is a reference to him personally coming back from injury. Someone on here posted the alarming free throw stats from many of our post season losses with Cal. What seems obvious is older players are better free throw shooters. Shooting is the one thing which improves as you get older because of the time you spend in a gym. Instead of having upper classmen going to the line in the tournament you have children who are anxious and not shooting it well percentage wise already. I think it is one of the things which you in theory have to accept with this system, but it is painful.

These kids should talk to the guys who left UK early and were not NBA locks and ask them what life has been like since.

• DelrayCat
      10:27 pm March 23, 2018 Permalink

Uh…just take a good look at Villanova. They have at least 4 guys who will get a chance in the NBA…and their core is mostly juniors. Guys that have improved every year and that were also on that championship team 2 years ago. That is how you build for continued success. Cal ever leaves, Mitch should have Jay Wright at the top of the list. Hell of a coach.

• Blublood41
      11:16 pm March 23, 2018 Permalink

Jay Wright already turned us down once. After tubby Smith left. He’s since won a national title and could win another one this year.

• bluecrowe
      11:02 pm March 23, 2018 Permalink

Delray Great points. That is what I miss. A Turner or Hawkins type of development. I also love how Cal makes it seem as though he is fully responsible for these guys who get the big contracts. I think of the scene in the movie Airplane where they teach the locals the game of basketball..:)..Yeah, that is not what is happening here..:)

• Lip Man 1
      12:09 am March 24, 2018 Permalink

That was me with the free throw numbers in important games that UK lost in large part because the free throw shooting was terrible.

9. Daddyof3Ballers
    10:21 pm March 23, 2018 Permalink

He thought, oh dang I forgot there’s ppl out there with nothing else to do except stalk me lol. Season is over and I’ll start getting excited again in a few months. For now I don’t want to see a basketball

10. Blueballz
    10:25 pm March 23, 2018 Permalink

I haven’t banged a bunch of 10’s lately…but have banged 5 2’s….

11. Blueballz
    10:27 pm March 23, 2018 Permalink

Jarred has an impressive remote control

12. chris43
    10:45 pm March 23, 2018 Permalink

I soooooooo hope he comes back! In the limited games he played he was EASILY my FAVORITE player. Plays with a ton of heart and very high motor. If he comes back he’ll easily be a lottery pick next year and we’ll have a chance to make a run. He’s truly a game changer. If we had him for the tourney I’m confident that we’re still playing this year.

• blueblood4life
      11:04 pm March 23, 2018 Permalink

Agree 100% he was the link to this team hope to see this guy one more year healthy and ready

13. maximumscott
    11:36 pm March 23, 2018 Permalink

Cal prolly telling him. “If you get healthy you can be a top 5 pick next year” Cal wouldnt be lying. Dude is a game changer.

14. maximumscott
    11:37 pm March 23, 2018 Permalink

Depending on who comes back we could be DEADLY NEXT YEAR! We are gonna have sharp shooters all over the place.

15. bhb71
    12:36 am March 24, 2018 Permalink

He stay?

16. SanDiegoCats
    12:52 am March 24, 2018 Permalink

We haven’t really had many surprise returners since the 2014 season. It seems other teams always do. Vanderbilt should definitely return but I would still label it a surprise if he does. At this point I’m thinking Knox, Shai, and Diallo leave. There were rumors that SKJ was contemplating transferring but I can’t imagine that still being the case with the way he finished the season. With all that said, if I’m right, this team should be awesome next year.

• runningunnin.454
      8:00 am March 24, 2018 Permalink

They should ALL come back to school for another year. I didn’t see any NBA worthy performances the other night. Kevin is 6’9″, not quick enough to play guard, and not strong enough to bang in the paint at the next level. Hami is inconsistent, and SGA won’t be able to get in the paint in the league.
      Vando needs to develop an offense. I hope they return.

17. BigBlueNationDude
    2:37 am March 24, 2018 Permalink

If he turns pro it would be the biggest screw job from Cal yet. We got guys on other teams playing hurt and schools trying to build braces for their places.

18. 72uksprinter
    3:09 am March 24, 2018 Permalink

Matt, Drew, Tyler, Somebody…
    When, when and when are you going to exert some type of moderation on this website and ban a$$clowns like BBNDude and his obvious trolls?
    Everyone who posts here knows the offenders.
    Are you not paying ANY attention or do you want nearly everything you work hard to write and post to descend into senseless nerd fights and frustration?
    If you’d like to see a well-moderated but lively Comments section, I suggest ASOB.
    Glenn Logan, et al. have judiciously monitored and eliminated obvious repeat offenders so that a reasonable discourse with respectful differences of opinion are the norm.
    OR, perhaps you desire a Comments section to be as “ridiculous” the news you offer BBN.
    That would be a shame, given the fact that Matt and crew have build a really valuable resource for true fans only to have it ridiculously hijacked by Dude and his braindead cohorts.
    S I G H …

• Chacosrule
      9:38 am March 24, 2018 Permalink

Agreed. This website and its comment section have probably damaged recruiting at some point. And it shows how crazy people can be. I’m guilty of running my mouth on here before. I don’t know why we have to have a comment section at all. Jonathon Miller crappy posts are immune. Why can’t they all be?

• notFromhere
      9:11 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

They have never cared about the effect it has on recruiting or players already here. They just care about making money off of the shows and site. I’m surprised when I actually find a fan of any school that cares about the players more than what they can do for them. UL, UNC, Dook, all of the fans are pretty much the same.

• brian
      9:27 am March 25, 2018 Permalink

I couldn’t agree with you more, but Matt will never do a single thing to stop the cash flowing. Just look at how bad the site looks now with all the adds, it’s garbage.

19. Brian in Franklin
    7:37 am March 24, 2018 Permalink

He’s going to do whatever he’s going to do. Oh well. Another season another different team.

20. 57nukeduke
    8:37 am March 24, 2018 Permalink

I pretty sure he will stay or he will go.

21. wildcat74
    9:03 am March 24, 2018 Permalink

All of these kids should come back or they’ll be the next Daniel Orton. Of course, Cal will run most off.

22. Randall lee
    9:24 am March 24, 2018 Permalink

Without a mix of upperclassmen like we had the championship year we will never make it back again.

23. CatBlue in LR
    9:58 am March 24, 2018 Permalink

I don’t understand where the heck he was this week. I mean, I know he was on the bench–I saw him–but he was in street clothes. Why? They said 2-1/2 weeks ago when he turned his ankle in practice that it wasn’t that serious. There was real speculation he could even play Friday of the SEC Tournament. Instead he missed four games with what was purported to be a minor tweak of his ankle. Were they lying to us? And why did it take so long for the foot he injured last April in the Jordan Brand game to heal? I mean, what is up with this guy?

24. Randall lee
    12:41 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Of course it was his foot again. It was a cover up so he’ll be ready for NBA try-outs. But how can he play a100 game NBA season when he can’t make it half way through a college season.

25. mmcdonald
    1:37 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Injury prone, undersized power forwards that can’t shoot are at the top of every NBA team’s wish list…

No way this guy should go. He has a lot of upside and a great motor but he can improve his value a lot more in Lexington than he can in the G league (which is where he’ll be this time next year if he goes).

26. notFromhere
    9:17 pm March 24, 2018 Permalink

Will it matter if he comes back? Can Cal actually coach with a loaded roster outside of platooning? Have yet to see him able to remember he has more than 8 people on the bench.

It’s amazing what coaches can do with a roster of players ranked so much lower than what UK gets every year. Imagine what a coach that coach both to the team’s strength and against another team’s weakness could do… The NCAA is ripe for the pickin in that regard right now.

Can Cal be that coach? Can he focus for the long term, or only for a year? I don’t know