James Blackmon Jr. teases us with “Like Father, Like Son” photo

UK basketball target James Blackmon Jr. just uploaded this “Like Father, Like Son” photo to Instagram with the caption: “pretty much”.  The younger Blackmon is scheduled to take an unofficial visit to Kentucky next week.

Scout.com ranked him the No. 56 player in the class in its new rankings earlier today, but ESPN Recruiting has him as high as 25th overall.

Any chance he doesn’t follow in his dad’s footsteps?

Article written by Drew Franklin

17 Comments for James Blackmon Jr. teases us with “Like Father, Like Son” photo

1. Louisville1Cal4
    4:54 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

Come on down Blackmon! Being Lyles with you too.

2. Shelton8me
    5:01 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

Well his Dad was not happy with his experience at UK. He detested Joe B Hall for the way he used his guards. James, Sr.
    has never visited the campus like other former players and is more tied to Indiana BB being a high school coach in that State. I predict he sticks with IU, but wants to go through the recruitment process and take some free trips.

3. Bicycle Seat Sniffer
    5:04 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

2 – Everyone is a recruiting expert…

4. Tim
    5:06 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

No way in B-Ball heaven he ever goes to IU. There is a reason he has opened his recruitment. UK will be the choice.

5. bigbluetrue
    5:07 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

#2, I predict you are completely wrong.

6. jq
    5:11 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

#2 I would have to agree with you.

7. JF
    5:16 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

He used a Star Wars font. Reading the tea leaves, that means Blackmon Sr. is Darth Vader, and turned to the Dark Side (UK). Blackmon Jr., Luke Skywalker, will nearly be seduced by its power, but at the last minute will turn away. Too bad for him.

8. jq
    5:19 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

…. If I were drunk and had no knowledge of basketball what so ever. Kid is coming to the great UK and Lyles will be right here with him.

9. PhilUK18
    5:27 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

What are you smoking?

10. me
    5:33 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

dude looks older than Greg Oden.

man, just wish Richard Madison, Rob Lock, Ed Davender, and Rex Chapman all had kids in this year.

11. Zingerrrr
    5:38 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

10. Davender does have a kid. He just sold men UK WKU tickets and a hotel room in Nashville. He was a real nice young man. Wait a minute !?!?!?

12. Candy Pants
    5:43 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

He will end up at IU. If not, then we don’t want him.

13. PhilUK18
    5:49 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

12.

I bet you didn’t want Trey Lyles either, right? Hope you enjoyed the Sweet 16s, bc if Crean couldn’t get farther than that with the team he had and the lack of competition, it’s not going to be pretty the rest of his time there.

14. Louisville1Cal4
    5:53 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

@ 8 May not be drunk but you certainly have no knowledge of basketball if you don’t think they both (Lyes/Blackmon) wind up at UK.

15. Go Big Blue
    6:32 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

Cal’s got him locked up. This reminds me exactly of the interview where Julius Randle said the one player in his high school class he most wanted to play with was Andrew Harrison. Blackmon will be a multi-year player, and will contribute good minutes off the bench his freshman year.

I REALLY hope we land Devin Booker. (I like big guards as the starters, and smaller guards as the sparks off the bench.)

I foresee this for our guards:
    -Mudiay, starting PG
    -Booker, starting SG

-Ullis and Hawkins, backup PG’s
    -Blackmon Jr. and Hawkins, backup SG’s (Hawkins has said he is fine with playing the 2 if that’s what coach ever told him to do)

So it looks like Hawkins would be third string, but he would be third string of both guard positions, and would still get good playing time. And there are no super PG’s in the class of 2015, so Hawkins will really get his chance to shine (so will Ullis, who won’t be a one-and-done).

16. HackRichards
    7:19 pm August 21, 2013 Permalink

DONE DEAL

17. jyoti
    6:31 am August 23, 2013 Permalink

Thank you for sharing valuable information. Nice post. I enjoyed reading this post. The whole blog is very nice found some good stuff and good information here Thanks..Also visit my page photography If you’re looking for Online Photos, Awesome Pics, Good Pictures, New Photos then XtraamazingPics.com is the right place for you. For getting more details visit us.