Jamal Murray moves up 2016 mock draft

murray_jamal

After blowing up with Team Canada in last week’s Pan Am Games, Murray moved up DraftExpress.com’s 2016 mock draft board. Jonathon Givony updated the projections over the weekend and Murray climbed to No. 6 from No. 16.

Skal Labissiere is still the projected No. 1 overall pick, according to Draft Express.

Here are all of the Cats:

1. Skal Labissiere
6. Jamal Murray
19. Isaiah Briscoe
30. Marcus Lee
57. Alex Poythress

[DraftExpress.com]

Watch Murray’s Pan Am highlights from UKBasketballLive.com:

Article written by Drew Franklin

25 Comments for Jamal Murray moves up 2016 mock draft

1. ukjaybrat
    3:09 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

Is Poythress so low because they don’t know how he will return from his injury? he has the potential to be the best (second best) player on the best team in the country. Do they still not have very much faith in him ?

• Rupp
      3:31 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

He is a tweener. Not tall enough for power forward. No outside shot that a small forward needs.

2. etr
    3:28 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

Id take Alex over any if these players right now

3. android guy
    3:33 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

If Alex plays like he did before he got hurt, he’ll be a first team All-American.

4. bigcatstanding
    3:35 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

what cracks me up is the obvious overhype for anyone going to Duke. Perfect example kid decides to leave the 2016 class and go to Dook as a 2015 player= automatically land$ him as one of the nation’s best. Then how many months has it been since >Jamal Murray a shout out from a small part of BBN !

• bigcatstanding
      4:24 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

who knows why but I wrote a whole lot more than that, maybe someone proof reading decided that was enough lol. Anyway my point was how long has it been since Jamal Murray, easily the best player world vs USA going off for 30 points, aka also him being one of the top players in the Pan Am Games / point being how long has it been since he decided to choose Kentucky. Him not even being recognized in rivals not listed 2015 or 16. = ESPN on the other hand just mentioning how he is a decent player going to Kentucky from the 2016 class. Proof of them being hugely biased is the fact that five players are listed from Kentucky only one Dookie ?

5. bigcatstanding
    3:39 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

looking at the projected NBA Draft, and knowing what Alex is capable of.
    Point being not too shabby a starting 5, in my book 5 first round draft picks.

• 8 god
      3:59 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

Actually, 4 plus Tyler Ulis.

Though if I was an NBA exec I would want T-money on my team, his height aside. Kid can just flat out ball.

6. BigBluSoTru
    4:15 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

Really Lee @ 30th come be for real this kid is not like that and Alex will be a D -league type player . If i was a owner and my GM selcted either of them i would fire him. I’ve seen way more players better than these two. Not wearing my Blu colored glasses on this.

• CatsBy80
      4:37 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

Why are you even on this site? Your ignorance and lack of knowledge of the English language is embarrassing. Please go back to Card Chronicle and post your drivel there.

• bigcatstanding
      4:52 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

I would say either you are stoned or just stupid, I’ll go with both in your case. I mean get real Alex Poythress shined on last year’s team= a team that has seven players with sign contracts in the NBA as we speak. So yeah Alex Poythress is a D Leager clown, Marcus Lee has shined every time he has been called upon !!

• Ha!
      5:12 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

Guys, you dont understand – BigBluSoTru is a HUGE UK fan! Lmao!!

• bigcatstanding
      6:09 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

Ha,
      so are we to expect a huge Kentucky fan;-) that he should be smart enough to realize that Alex Poythress that is no way in H. E. double >L a D leaguer.
      at the same time knowing what I know about basketball-coaching playing and following the
      sport- Kentucky basketball 4 going on 50 years, should we give him a bi for basically trashing
      aka Alex Poythress one of the best $F’s / PF’$ in the country.
      Also knowing that Marcus Lee hasn’t really received the playing time, that would allow him to show out on a regular basis= so are we to let him get by with trash talking him as well??= NO

• Ha!
      6:13 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

^Hahahahaha! Wow. Nice try dickwad aka BigBluSoTru. You fail so hard. You are a complete moron.

Now, ff to Card Chronicle you go.

You may want to take some adult education classes as well. Good god.

• bigcatstanding
      6:16 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

Ha!
      this site needs to screen on a higher level and not allow just anyone that throws a email together to sign in as anyone they want. Point being you say he is a huge Kentucky fan. his comments down the page prove otherwise. or he’s doing like someone done me last year signing in as >bigcatstanding<
      I'm hoping it's the latter, because I'm pretty sure I'm in the majority by thinking we don't need Kentucky fans like that clown.

• Ha!
      6:16 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

I was being sarcastic in my comment about him being a UK fan. I’ve seen this troll around here in the past for years, and he tries, poorly, to convince us he’s a UK fan. Its laughable.

7. All this draft talk is even way-way-way-too-earlier than the way-too-early top 25 that always comes out in the wee hours of the morning the day after the natty game.

8. timer2
    5:15 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

AP will be a lottery pick next year. Wait and see….

• catdaddyd
      8:55 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

I’d bet money he isn’t? I doubt he gets drafted at all.

6.9 pts 5.1 rebs is my projection

9. BigBluSoTru
    5:30 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

Alex shined last year when?

• Dan
      6:16 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

Alex was the best player in the Bahamas against a bunch of pros. He was also the best defender on the team before he got hit as opponents were only making 12% of their shots against him. But hey facts are optional right?

10. BigBluSoTru
    5:33 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

This is why we get a bad rap as dumb hicks . We be on this site arguing as if are opionions matter!

• CardFan502
      5:52 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

Damn, you making us Card fans looks bad, dawg. Just stop.

11. BigBlueSoTru
    5:54 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

I mentally retard . Luv jelly beans tho !

12. bigcatstanding
    6:21 pm July 27, 2015 Permalink

Dan, absolutely dead on some of us don’t bother with the facts, or even watching the games.
    after losing Alex I can’t remember more than two blocks all year that were from a player catching someone from behind and blocking a runaway dunk. Before losing him it was commonplace and no one challenged him at the rim!!
    It’s going to be one h e l l of a year!! GO CATS