Jamal Murray didn’t practice yesterday, but expected to play tomorrow

murraysmall

For some reason, the live stream of John Calipari’s press conference isn’t working, but there is some news to pass along. According to Cal, Jamal Murray didn’t practice yesterday after bumping knees with someone in the Georgia game. Fortunately, Calipari said he expects Murray to play tomorrow in South Carolina, which is very good news because right now, he’s accounting for about a third of Kentucky’s scoring. In other injury news, Calipari said Dominique Hawkins is about 80% back from his high-ankle sprain.

Thankfully, it sounds like Murray’s fine, but what is it with this team and injuries?

11 Comments for Jamal Murray didn’t practice yesterday, but expected to play tomorrow

1. secrick
    12:48 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

He took a hard hit to the leg and knee, don’t know if you saw it or not but i was surprised it wasn’t worse.

• jasonl
      12:51 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

I was surprised the hit Murray took to the knee wasn’t worse as well. Probably was just sore and that is why he didn’t practice.

2. jasonl
    12:52 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

If Hawkins is only 80%, you couldn’t tell it during the Georgia game. He didn’t seem to be favoring that ankle at all. It was good to see him get some time and start hitting some shots, in addition to his usual solid defensive work.

3. DelrayCat
    12:57 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

So far…regarding injuries, we have been fortunate. Many other teams have it worse. Players bodies always start breaking down late in the year. Let’s just hope nothing major happens like with Nerlens.

4. Megan
    12:58 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

If we end up nicknaming this team, it should have something to do with the continual injuries they’ve suffered this year. Any ideas?

5. UKinIN
    1:13 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

Little depth means tired players and too many minutes on the floor. That leads to injuries.

• BlueDeuce
      2:02 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

Yep…I’d agree with this statement. Ulis and Murray have played significant minutes this year and we’ll have to wait and see how that plays out as we get to March and hopefully April.

• RealCatsFan
      2:55 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

Yep, even ignoring fatigue, the odds simply go up with the number of minutes they are on the floor.

6. kenny
    4:18 pm February 12, 2016 Permalink

This kinda worries me. The play looked pretty bad, and we know Alex was listed as day to day. Robic even said he thought AP would play. I hope its nothing, but I’m not taking their word for it. I’ll believe it when I see he’s ok for myself.