Jaden McDaniels’ brother weighs in on the ongoing recruitment

Photo via Endless Motor

Photo via Endless Motor

Jaden McDaniels is still quiet as a mouse regarding his will-he or won’t-he commitment that’s down to Kentucky and Washington, but his brother, Jalen, is breaking his silence. In a new report from Jerry Tipton and the Herald Leader, Jalen weighed in on his brother’s pending decision. Unfortunately, he seems as confused as the rest of us.

When will a decision be made?

“Whew, man, I’m wondering the same thing, honestly,” Jalen said Thursday. “I mean, honestly. I feel like it should be coming soon, though.”

He’s also not sure why it’s taking this long.

“To be honest, I don’t know what’s holding it up,” Jalen said. “I know it’s between two schools. He’s just trying to make the right decision.”

Although there is definitely some McDaniels recruiting fatigue, it’s certainly not caused by Jaden McDaniels himself. The five-star prospect has remained silent throughout this entire process, leaving some with questions regarding his ability to handle the spotlight that comes with playing basketball at Kentucky. His brother isn’t convinced that would be an issue.

“He’s a low-key guy. He doesn’t get caught up in that. Like, the attention doesn’t mean a lot to him,” Jalen says. “He knows it comes with it, but something that he doesn’t get caught up in it. So I feel he’d do fine.”

[Herald Leader]

Article written by Maggie Davis

I love sports, podcasts, long walks on the beach and Twitter (@MaggieDavisKSR)

17 Comments for Jaden McDaniels’ brother weighs in on the ongoing recruitment

1. runningunnin.454
    8:33 pm May 17, 2019 Permalink

Whew, I was about to go into withdrawal with no recent Jaden updates. That was close, thanks.
    Ha ha, JK.

2. dctawk
    9:03 pm May 17, 2019 Permalink

When does Jaden McDaniels weigh in on his recruitment……

3. VirginiaCat
    9:06 pm May 17, 2019 Permalink

Lets see…McDaniel’s brother doesn’t know what is going on with his recruitment, either. Helpful information.

4. chrislarkey
    9:36 pm May 17, 2019 Permalink

I’m a recruiting expert

If he don’t go to Ky he will pick Wash

If he don’t pick Wash he will go to Ky

• 4everUKblue
      9:11 am May 18, 2019 Permalink

You sir are an imbecile, might want to look that word up.

5. KYjellyRoll
    10:11 pm May 17, 2019 Permalink

Well did he really weigh in on husband recruitment? No. He told us what we already knew…but, the spotlight wouldn’t be an issue? Hmm…should be soon and he doesn’t know what’s holding him up? I believe we have a future cat, and I’m no expert. Go cats

6. KYjellyRoll
    10:11 pm May 17, 2019 Permalink

I believe he’s waiting to see what nick and or EJ do.

• Collie
      11:29 pm May 17, 2019 Permalink

If he’s waiting to see what someone else will do, maybe Kentucky isn’t for him, or he for them…

7. CatManDo
    7:20 am May 18, 2019 Permalink

He’s waiting on his moms to start her new 6 figure income job in Spokane.

8. Kyreds
    7:54 am May 18, 2019 Permalink

I dont think he can handle all the exposure that comes with UK Basketball ! Could it be that he is waiting to see if Blackshear goes pro ?

9. Kerosenerag
    9:13 am May 18, 2019 Permalink

Come on into the fold Mr McDaniels!!! Big Blue Nation will love ya!

10. notFromhere
    10:22 am May 18, 2019 Permalink

It’s about what is best for him and for his future.

If he wants to play basketball professionally, (not talking about AAU), UK is hands down the place he should go. He will practice against the best competition every day, play some great teams during the season, learn how to handle the spotlight in the way that best suits him, and share that spotlight rather than havebit focused SOLELY on him.

If he doesnt want to play basketball professionally, washington may be better. He can stay close to home and carry the spotlight and pressure there all on his own.

Nothing wrong with not wanting to play in the NBA, but it’s a vehicle to be able to help a lot of people in your life and outside of it. If I had to do it all over again and was given the choice and chance to play basketball professionally back when I was his age, I would’ve had to take it.

If Kentucky didnt exist back then, I still would’ve chosen another school that offered what it now offers back then, even if I didnt like the school. If i liked the school, i wouldnt hesitate. My guess is he doesnt like UK that much, or he would’ve already signed

11. Double Eagle
    8:49 pm May 18, 2019 Permalink

McDaniels will go to Kentucky. Calipari is on vacation. He knows the kid is coming to UK. McDaniels is waiting for Calipari to return before he announces. Calipari wouldn’t be out of the country and recruiting staff would not be playing it so cool if the kid wasn’t in the cat lodge, so to speak.

12. Double Eagle
    8:50 pm May 18, 2019 Permalink

All Cat fans hit the Catnip and chill out.