Yesterday, John Calipari hinted that Isaiah Briscoe had an opportunity with the Orlando Magic, and now we know what it is. The Magic just released their summer league roster and Briscoe is on it, along with first round pick Mohamed Bamba.
The #Magic have released their summer league roster. It includes newly drafted Mo Bamba and last year’s lottery selection Jonathan Isaac. Also of note: former #UK standout Isaiah Briscoe is on the squad. Full roster below… pic.twitter.com/I4yuAeSRLV
— Aaron Berlin (@Aaron_Berlin) June 28, 2018
Briscoe is one of eleven former Kentucky players expected to participate in the Summer League in Las Vegas July 6-17 (Wenyen and Bam will also be in action in the California Classic Summer League starting on Monday).
- Archie Goodwin, Portland Trail Blazers
- Kyle Wiltjer, Portland Trail Blazers
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, LA Clippers
- Bam Adebayo, Miami Heat
- Derek Willis, New Orleans Pelicans
- Kevin Knox, New York Knicks
- Hamidou Diallo, OKC Thunder (starting date TBD)
- Wenyen Gabriel, Sacramento Kings
- Aaron Harrison, Washington Wizards
- Malik Monk, Charlotte Hornets
- Isaiah Briscoe, Orlando Magic
Last summer, Briscoe played for the Philadelphia 76ers’ summer team, averaging 5.5 points and 2.17 assists per game. Earlier this month, he won Russian Young Player of the Year for his performance with BC Kalev. He averaged 22 points, 4 assists and 1.3 steals per game in his first year with the squad, helping lead them to the Estonian Championship.
Good luck, Isaiah.