Isaac Humphries is a singer and a thespian

humphkingandi

Isaac Humphries, the newest member of the Kentucky basketball team, called into the show this morning to talk about why he chose the Cats, and is already on his way to becoming a fan favorite. Humphries said he committed to Kentucky for the opportunity to play for John Calipari and with the best talent in the world, blah blah blah. The interview really got rolling when Humphries said he grew up singing and acting in musicals.

“Growing up, I was really into high-performing arts. I was a singer for a really long time. Still am, really. Used to gig around, do lots of plays, shows,” Humphries said. “That was kind of my life until I hit a huge growth spurt and got really tall and started playing basketball.”

Humphries said he was a part of semi-professional productions like Oliver and The King and I. Unfortunately, he didn’t take up Matt’s offer to sing on air, instead saving it for a future appearance:

Be sure to listen to the whole interview below. Welcome to the BBN, Isaac!

23 Comments for Isaac Humphries is a singer and a thespian

1. Mixxy
    11:14 am August 21, 2015 Permalink

A thespian trapped in a man’s body?

• blueblooded
      1:26 am August 22, 2015 Permalink

Well played! I was getting ready to leave a similar comment, but I actually like yours better!

2. CardzRed4Lyfe
    11:20 am August 21, 2015 Permalink

Wow. Another reason y the birds are gonna crush the kitties IN RUPP this year. Bet. At least our guys focus only on basketball. UR team better focus on beating the dance team at half time with all the scrubs Cal picked up in this class. Leave ballin’ to the 502.

• CardFan502
      11:29 am August 21, 2015 Permalink

Ha ha. Hell yeah.

• A True Cat Fan
      11:42 am August 21, 2015 Permalink

Wow is right – CardzRed4Lyfe – Oh that is right…your coach said 7-8 players on this team will go to the NBA…and you believe that…check the “ballin’ when the 502 went to the 787 & 939 …not worried at all ….must be the Royal Crown talking if you really think the cards are going to win

• J-Dub421
      11:54 am August 21, 2015 Permalink

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!! Thanks for the laugh man. You’re hilarious!

• CardzRed4Lyfe
      11:54 am August 21, 2015 Permalink

We don’t need to waste our time playing international teams. How’d that work for your season last year?
      Lewis, Snider, Johnson, Lee, Mathiang…SQUAD. #L1C4.

• J-Dub421
      12:01 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

You just played international teams in Puerto Rico, and you lost badly and repeatedly. And Mathiang is foreign, so is Anus.

• CardzRed4Lyfe
      12:24 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

I am well aware that we played international teams in PR. My point is, we don’t need to waste our time with competing in meaningless games such as these. Free vacation. It didn’t do your team any good last year.

• J-Dub421
      12:31 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

I’m sorry, I must have missed Louisville in the Final Four…. Oh wait, you were at home watching. As usual. L1C7.

• CardzRed4Lyfe
      12:33 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

Hey, we went 27-9 and lost to a 7-seed. Thats nothing to sneeze at.

• J-Dub421
      12:42 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

We went 38-1 which is considerably better and we beat you on your home court. Again.

• Dude
      12:45 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

I SERIOUSLY hope this CardzRed guy is being serious.

• Coach's Krazie
      1:16 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

You all need to stop.

Louisville, you are now the redheaded step child of the ACC (if you stick around for more than 3 years). So just shut up.

UK, everyone knows K is better than Cal. Repeat of the last Champions Classic match up. Duke will reign supreme once again. Bring on K’s 6th.

• Sarcasm Detector
      1:20 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

lol @ the ppl not getting the sarcasm here. Then again, Louisville fans do sound that stupid so perhaps I can see why yall fell for it.

• BAdams
      1:24 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

Dude, you have won one time since Cal get here. Every year you say the same thing and every year you get stomped. You’re like the gnat that just wont stop flying around even after smacking at it a million times. Also, you need to realize UK wont be freshmen ran like 2013. Also, I didnt know scrubs could get you a number 1 class ranking. You are just a flat out idiot.

• BAdams
      1:28 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

Coach Krazie, if K is so much better than Cal, then why did he copy his style? All you Dukies did was complain about how Cal is destroying basketball with his one and dones and look at ya…copying. Duke will lose when they meet up. Guarantee.

3. kentuck1
    12:53 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

Perhaps he will be a star on the stage and on the hardwood? 🙂

4. Catsrus
    4:10 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

Card Fan sez: Hey, we went 27-9 and lost to a 7-seed. Thats nothing to sneeze at.
    Achoooo!!
    Welcome to Wildcat Nation Isaac. I think a guy interested in Theater isn’t likely to be a problem in the classroom.
    BTW Louisville plays Auburn in FB: I dub that the Little Brother Bowl.

5. BluKudzu
    5:16 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

I really think the people that post on here claiming to be fans of other schools, are paid employees by KSR to generate more hits, or the authors themselves, trying to generate hits on their blogs.
    I doubt anyone who is a fan of another team would not do this, unless of course they are a horrible loser in life, or too stupid to know that by commenting here, more money goes to making KSR stronger.
    It is not, without coincidence, the old style forum came back when it did. KSR had to be losing money because of the lack of hits. Now that the old system is back, hits have gone up almost exponentially. Add to it a pseudo little brother comment, and you get an automatic 10-12 more.
    Nah, they would not do that, would they? I mean they are still trying to get the other system to work, right?

• Dude
      9:14 pm August 21, 2015 Permalink

I’ve had those same feelings for some time now, too. I’ve had things that were mild in comparison get deleted, only to have a troll post remain directly above it.

6. Carpet rider
    12:43 am August 22, 2015 Permalink

Who did the crappy photoshop? Or is Isaac Humphries a 40 yr old Saudi prince paying millions to play ncaa ball?

7. Catsrus