Is the Tennessee marketing department drunk?

Tennessee guard Josh Richardson was drafted by the Heat in the second round last Thursday. Bully for him, exciting times, right? The Tennessee Basketball Twitter account sent Richardson this bizarre congratulatory message on Friday that I’m still trying to figure out:

Even Richardson thought it was weird:

Tennessee basketball is like the really short kid with the backwards hat who tries WAY too hard to be cool in high school. Just…stop. Oh, sorry: #stop

15 Comments for Is the Tennessee marketing department drunk?

1. Wheeler
    3:42 pm June 29, 2015 Permalink

That’s more than alcohol

2. Weirder than last week’s SCOTUS rulings…almost.

• LOL
      6:31 pm June 29, 2015 Permalink

Deal with it!

3. fatbrat
    3:50 pm June 29, 2015 Permalink

I grew up in Western Kentucky and I am BBNFL. That being said, I am a former athlete (baseball) and grad of UTK and I am totally embarrassed for Josh. Someone over there is completely outside their mind.

• plumppunk
      6:53 pm June 29, 2015 Permalink

The embarrassment over the last several years that has been the UTK Athletics Department has been so pitiable it’s almost enough to make a Cats fan feel sorry for them. Almost. Okay not really close at all but still. That whole Phil Fulmer decision sure has paid off. I just wish we had managed to make enough improvements in our own football program to take advantage. We’ll always have 10-7 I suppose. Quarterbacks schmorterbacks. You have my sympathy on being a proud member of BBN while simultaneously matriculating in Knoxville. I bet you threw up a little everyday.

• fatbrat
      7:24 pm June 29, 2015 Permalink

Yes Plumppunk LOL…I threw up everyday for six years especially during football season. I have spent the last thirty years also throwing up because, I have spent most of my adult life working in Oak Ridge, at the nuke plant. I have taking some good hearted ribbing and some serious slamming, but have never flinched one inch. It is time, why not UK!

• Plumppunk
      7:41 pm June 29, 2015 Permalink

You poor, poor man (or lady). I’m not sure why but I feel like we should take up a collection. As you know you can always say “10 to 7”. That sticks in there craw like nothing else. Hehehe…

4. RUPPS_rhetoric
    3:56 pm June 29, 2015 Permalink

Even Joker Phillips former Photoshop musings thinks this is weird.

5. Xander
    3:58 pm June 29, 2015 Permalink

Very strange.

6. BobKYCats
    3:58 pm June 29, 2015 Permalink

Weird? That’s borderline terrifying.

7. Dustin
    4:25 pm June 29, 2015 Permalink

That was…ummm…odd!

8. Smyrna_Cat
    4:37 pm June 29, 2015 Permalink

Man, I want whatever they are smoking … or drinking!!!!!

9. CPACAT
    5:44 pm June 29, 2015 Permalink

That’s even worse than when they played “Who let the CATS out?” at CWS before a game w Miss St. Everyone just groaned.

10. FakeLeroyBird
    7:04 pm June 29, 2015 Permalink

The lowdown. They dirty. They snitches. Their balls say nasty.

11. `:/
    8:56 pm June 29, 2015 Permalink

They filled the ball with helium it looks like or somebody was tripping on some LSD. Could have been both.