Inside “Inside The Madness: Episode 1”

Facebook Watch debuted its new show, Inside The Madness: Kentucky Basketball, over the weekend and it is must-see entertainment for all Kentucky basketball fans. The 10-part docuseries will roll out a new episode each Saturday, and this past Saturday’s episode, “We Win Or We Learn,” taught us a lot about the current UK team that many fans are struggling to love.

The first episode follows the Wildcats in the days leading up to the Monmouth game in New York City back in December, and concludes with the actual game action. And while everyone is included, Hamidou Diallo and his return home are a major focal point.

[Give it a watch on Facebook Watch here.]

Now let’s revisit some of what we learned in the behind-the-scenes glimpse into our favorite college basketball program:

John Calipari has a $6,000 table in his office.

We know that because Quade Green sat on it during a team meeting, which led Calipari to tell him, “What’s wrong with you? You think you’re in Philadelphia?”

Hamidou Diallo never thought he’d play for Kentucky.

“Within this last year I’m seeing a bunch of things I never thought was possible,” Diallo said. “I just think of it as a blessing. When I was 10, 11, 12, 13, watching Kentucky play, I never thought I’d be the kid wearing a Kentucky jersey.”

Coach Cal walks his dogs around his neighborhood.

You’d think a man with a schedule and a bank account like John Calipari’s would hire a dog-walker. Nope. Coach Cal takes his pups around the block as fans honk their car horns and shout from their car windows on Richmond Road.

The guys get haircuts in their hotel room.

Maybe it was because they were in New York for a game in Madison Square Garden, but Hamidou Diallo and Jarred Vanderbilt invited a barber into Diallo’s hotel room to give each of them a haircut. Diallo said he gets one before every game because “it’s part of his brand” and he doesn’t want to “be out there looking all scruffy.”

Kevin Knox thinks Kevin Durant is better than LeBron James.

P.J. Washington’s face says how he feels about Knox believing Durant is the best.

Quade Green has seven siblings.

The episode caught him FaceTiming with his mom and two of his sisters back home. He said he has six sisters and one brother.

The team flies on a chartered plane named “Deb.”

It’s a Boeing 737-800 operated by Miami Air, which also chartered flights for the Miami Dolphins and Pittsburgh Steelers last season.

Diallo’s family was very excited about the win.

And Diallo’s 23 points in his homecoming, probably.

See the full episode here.

Article written by Drew Franklin

16 Comments for Inside “Inside The Madness: Episode 1”

1. BluemanGreen
    4:52 pm February 19, 2018 Permalink

This is FANTASTIC. Such a likeable group of young men. I hope they make a deep tourney run!

2. bigbluehank
    5:03 pm February 19, 2018 Permalink

Can’ wait to not watch this!

• 4everUKblue
      6:00 pm February 19, 2018 Permalink

Expect no less from an uneducated fan like you Hank.

• bigbluehank
      9:20 pm February 19, 2018 Permalink

As a fan of proper grammar, I’m disappointed in my earlier typo. However, it’s telling that you’ve had to result to name-calling and insulting fellow fans!

• Rixter
      9:10 pm February 19, 2018 Permalink

And yet, the games will be played nonetheless

• 4everUKblue
      10:32 pm February 19, 2018 Permalink

I don’t consider those as negative toward our program as you as a “fan”

• 4everUKblue
      10:44 pm February 19, 2018 Permalink

And calling Cal the highest paid college coach is not a typo, it’s just bad info. To me being a fan means I back my team and my coach, you obviously see it different so you are not a fellow fan as far as I’m concerned.

• bigbluehank
      11:14 pm February 19, 2018 Permalink

I always have and always will back the program. Many of these individuals that you consider to not be true fans have more interest invested in the program than some of the current players seem to. Refusing to turn a blind eye to some of the setbacks and mistakes made by the team and its coach does not make one less of a fan than one who defends them at every opportunity.

• 4everUKblue
      7:28 am February 20, 2018 Permalink

I haven’t turned a blind eye to the setbacks, I’m as disappointed as anyone but I don’t believe talking bad about the players, program or coach online helps anything. I don’t believe you or anyone else has a clue how invested these players are, they’re just kids. How would you like it if one of these kids was yours. All talking bad about them or the coach (whether he wears a tie or not) does is make BBN look ungrateful, split and somewhat crazy. Most if not all fanbases would kill to have a program as successful as ours, hell dUKe copies everything we do.

• bigbluehank
      9:26 am February 20, 2018 Permalink

I get the point you make about the players just being kids. However, I don’t think that fact excuses the lack of effort or “me-first” play we’ve seen from some of them throughout the season. To your argument about the fan base appearing crazy for criticizing the coach; I feel the opposite, in that allowing him to skate by with the same canned excuses year after year gives the fanbase that same reputation. Cal has had some very successful seasons at UK, especially early in his tenure. But it seems unfair for him to get a free pass for some of the recent seasons in which his teams have come up short of expectations.

3. cjruk1
    5:15 pm February 19, 2018 Permalink

The first episode is fantastic. Anybody who claims that this team has chemistry issues needs to watch this show.

4. BleedingBlue1996
    5:35 pm February 19, 2018 Permalink

No chemistry issues, just turns out they aren’t as good at basketball as Cal thought.

5. mmb7
    5:40 pm February 19, 2018 Permalink

Quade should have replied with “In Philadelphia it’s worth 50 bucks”.

6. Rixter
    9:17 pm February 19, 2018 Permalink

I have to wonder what the difference is between a $500 table and a $5000 table.