Are you planning on going to a game at Rupp Arena this year? With construction now underway on the new club areas for the 2019-20 season, there have been several game day changes, so take note.
The Manchester Street lot is now a construction zone and parking is mostly unavailable. As a result, spaces in the High Street lot and the Langley Garage will now be utilized for game-day operations.
UK Athletics has worked with Rupp Arena and Lexington parking officials to maximize parking areas for game days. The Transit Center Parking Garage (150 E. Vine St.), the Helix Parking Garage (15-160 W. Main St.) and Courthouse Garage (105 Barr St.) have been made available for the 2018-19 season in addition to the Victorian Square Parking Garage (350 W. Short St.) from prior seasons. Other Lexington parking garages will be an option for fans.
USE THE NORTH ENTRANCE
Student and media entrances have been relocated to the High Street entrance, so fans are encouraged to consider entering on the north side of Rupp Arena, facing the Lexington Center Shops and Triangle Park. All of these changes will surely bring delays, so arrive early to make sure you’re in your seat in time for all the action.
NO SMOKING IN OR AROUND RUPP
Effective Oct. 1, Rupp Arena is a tobacco-free facility. Designated smoking areas outside of the arena no longer exist due to the ongoing construction. Patrons who wish to use tobacco products will be asked to do so off of the Rupp Arena grounds.
LEAVE YOUR BIG BAG AT HOME
Walkthrough metal detectors and Rupp Arena’s bag policy will be in effect again this season. Bags must not exceed 12 inches by 6 inches x 12 inches. Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to backpacks or any bag larger than the permissible size. An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at a gate designated for this purpose. Express lanes for guests with no bags will be provided to assist in expediting the security process.
Doors will continue to open at Rupp Arena 90 minutes prior to tip-off.
NOT ALLOWED AT RUPP
- All illegal substances
- Artificial noisemakers and irritants
- Beach balls
- Cameras with detachable lenses
- Glass and aluminum containers
- Helium balloons
- Laser pointers/pens
- Outside food and beverages
- Selfie sticks
- Signs larger than 24 inches by 24 inches
- Stadium seats in excess of 18 inches wide or stadium seats with hard plastic or metal parts
- Video or audio recorders
ALLOWED AT RUPP
- Bags – one per person, not to exceed 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches; all bags are subject to inspection
- Camera lenses – maximum length six inches; no detachable lenses
- Service animals – as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Personal chairbacks – maximum width 18 inches and cannot have any hard plastic or metal parts
- Strollers – small collapsible style
All of these changes will be in effect for Big Blue Madness on Friday.