The Southeastern Conference regular season awards continue to pile up for the Kentucky basketball program.
This morning, John Calipari (SEC Coach of the Year), along with four Kentucky players, were decorated with SEC honors when the coaches awards were announced.
Now, Immanuel Quickley and Nick Richards have added AP All-SEC First Team honors to their resumes.
This afternoon, the Associated Press released their end-of-year awards and honors, with Reggie Perry of Mississippi State and Mason Jones of Arkansas earning AP SEC Player of the Year honors.
Texas A&M’s Buzz Williams was also named SEC Coach of the Year in his first season in the league after guiding the Aggies to a 10-8 conference record and a sixth-place finish in the league. A&M was predicted to finish 12th in the SEC to start the season.
As for the All-SEC honors, Quickley and Richards were joined by Perry, Jones, and Kira Lewis Jr. of Alabama.
Georgia freshman Anthony Edwards, a potential No. 1 overall pick in the upcoming NBA draft, was the runaway pick for Newcomer of the Year. Edwards was also named to the AP All-SEC second team along with Breein Tyree of Mississippi, Skylar Mays of LSU, Samir Doughty of Auburn, and Keyontae Johnson of Florida.
Check out the entire 2019-20 AP All-SEC team:
- Kira Lewis Jr., Alabama, 6-3, 165, So., Meridianville, Alabama
- u-Mason Jones, Arkansas, 6-5, 200, Jr., DeSoto, Texas
- u-Reggie Perry, Mississippi State, 6-10, 250, So., Thomasville, Georgia
- Nick Richards, Kentucky, 6-11, 247, Jr., Jamaica
- Immanuel Quickley, Kentucky, 6-3, 188, So., Harve de Grace, Maryland
- Samir Doughty, Auburn, 6-4, 195, Sr., Philadelphia
- Anthony Edwards, Georgia, 6-5, 225, Fr., Atlanta
- Keyontae Johnson, Florida, 6-5, 231, So., Norfolk, Virginia
- Skylar Mays, LSU, 6-4, 205, Sr., Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Breein Tyree, Mississippi, 6-2, 195, Sr., Somerset, New Jersey
Coach of the Year — Buzz Williams, Texas A&M
Player of the Year — Mason Jones, Arkansas, and Reggie Perry, Mississippi State
Newcomer of the Year — Anthony Edwards, Georgia
This morning, Calipari was named SEC Coach of the Year, as voted by the league’s coaches. Calipari was joined by Quickley (SEC Player of the Year, First-Team All-SEC), Richards (First-Team All-SEC, SEC All-Defensive Team), Tyrese Maxey (Second-Team All-SEC, SEC All-Freshman Team), and Ashton Hagans (SEC All-Defensive Team) as Kentucky representatives on the list.