Immanuel Quickley is UK’s most exciting player? ESPN says yes

Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports

Brian Spurlock-USA TODAY Sports

ESPN.com’s Myron Medcalf has ranked his top 25 teams for the 2018-2019 and today he released his most exciting player for those teams.

He said Immanuel Quickley is the most exciting for No. 1 UK.

“Quickley is a smooth, 6-foot-3 guard who is patient enough to wait for the right play. He has a high basketball IQ, but he won’t fly through the air for windmill dunks.

Still, he’s the flour of this Kentucky cake, a savvy leader and playmaker with a lot of Mike Conley in his game.”

Whoa. If Quickley ends up being UK’s most exciting play than the Cats are probably going to win it all with ease. Or maybe be really bad. Regardless, I don’t expect Quickley to be UK’s most exciting player, but what do I know?

Former Cat Charles Matthews is said to be the most exciting player for Michigan. There are a plethora of other former UK recruits. Check out the entire list HERE.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by TJ Walker

10 Comments for Immanuel Quickley is UK’s most exciting player? ESPN says yes

1. Ridge Runner
    5:15 pm July 5, 2018 Permalink

Was this written before Hagans came aboard?

• Ridge Runner
      5:18 pm July 5, 2018 Permalink

Just being facetious with the question. But hey, I really don’t care who is the most exciting to be honest.

• Cletis75
      9:25 pm July 5, 2018 Permalink

Not sure, but Quickley was always on my radar as a few of my friends, that are Louisville fans were pissed when he committed to us. They watch a lot of aau ball, and said imagine D Fox a little slower with a better jump shot. They think he was the best overall PG in the class.

2. Realme
    5:21 pm July 5, 2018 Permalink

No offense to Quickley, who I think will be great, but Myron Medcalf is not known for his intelligent lists.

3. Ridge Runner
    5:57 pm July 5, 2018 Permalink

RealMe, 4ever, heck anyone…
    Not to change subject totally but this Keldon Johnson could be so instrumental. Not to say others aren’t but I am curious to other thoughts on him and what he means for us.

• wyatts1
      6:28 pm July 5, 2018 Permalink

I believe he and ashotn will mean a lot to us. Keldon has a motor that doesn’t quit and has a heart of a lion, intensity will be his middle name so that will make him one of our best players in the last couple of years tbh. I understand he is somewhat awkward as far as his size since he’s 6’6 and kinda light but depending on what position coach has him playing he will grow into his NBA frame since he’s just 18. I would think small forward would be the most optimal position that he will play at, possible shooting guard at times, but either way I think he will Excel. Long story short, his heart is why I am looking forward to watching him, in today’s game that can be the most overlooked aspect of a college ball player, but potentially the most important attribute.

• wyatts1
      7:01 pm July 5, 2018 Permalink

I completely forgot that Michael Jordan was 6’6 or 6’7, wasn’t he? And after watching some highlights of his abilities again I don’t believe his size is as “awkward” as I thought lol

4. BBNBRIAN
    6:44 pm July 5, 2018 Permalink

I’ve got a feeling about Herro…

5. Ez21
    7:31 pm July 5, 2018 Permalink

I think you meant player then. Not play than. Get an editor. Or at least hit spell check.