Immanuel Quickley is Becoming the World’s No. 1 Duke Trash-Talker

Photo by adidas

Photo by adidas

“BIG BLUE NATION!”

Quickley screamed after nailing a corner three during a shooting drill at Monday’s McDonald’s All-American practice.  One might consider the shout a celebration, until he directed the exclamation toward R.J. Barrett.

The jab at the future Duke forward was not the first of the week, nor will it be the last.  As Quickley walked to the interview area after practice, the future UK point guard walked by a reporter who was interviewing Barrett.  “Ask him who’s going to win on November 6!  Ask him!”

A few minutes later, I asked Quickley who is going to win on November 6, Kentucky or Duke? “We’re not going out there to lose.  I would…hope Kentucky is going to win.”

Wise with his words, Quickley loves to trash-talk Duke without being malicious.  He’s friends with R.J. and Zion Williamson.  Since he will not be joining them, he must dog them at every opportunity.  Quickley hoped to team up with Zion at UK, but when Williamson donned the Duke hat, it was time for his mouth to run.

“I wanted him to come to Kentucky, but he had to do what was best for him,” Quickley said.  “We’re all good friends, but I love talking to trash to him and R.J. all the time.”

Even though it’s just fun and games between Quickley and his Duke friends, it’s good to see that UK’s next point guard will have a little hate in his heart for the Blue Devils.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

15 Comments for Immanuel Quickley is Becoming the World’s No. 1 Duke Trash-Talker

1. Bobbum Man
    3:06 pm March 26, 2018 Permalink

Love it, hopefully PJ comes back so he can teach him how to mean mug

2. BBNallday
    3:35 pm March 26, 2018 Permalink

Duke is going to blast us next year lol

• jaws2
      3:40 pm March 26, 2018 Permalink

I suppose that’s because

• jaws2
      3:41 pm March 26, 2018 Permalink

Kyscheskleee is soooo good with the one and dones.

• Booby Petrino
      3:42 pm March 26, 2018 Permalink

Oh look Tripper Allen is already bored now that his college career is over. Welcome!

• RealCatsFan
      4:56 pm March 26, 2018 Permalink

Kind of like that championship that they were going to win with all that talent this year. And last year…

• RealCatsFan
      4:57 pm March 26, 2018 Permalink

Keep in mind that dook is going to lose the majority of their scoring and minutes from this year’s team, and UK is going to return a lot of players, in addition to the extra time they will have in the Bahamas this summer. So they will probably be ahead of the curve by November.

3. Philthy
    4:05 pm March 26, 2018 Permalink

Zion hasn’t signed yet. Q should work on him and have him flip to UK.

4. henderblue
    4:07 pm March 26, 2018 Permalink

I love that kid already.

5. Willis talkin bout....
    4:17 pm March 26, 2018 Permalink

Damn, I’m pretty impressed with him already. Calm and articulate interview. Seems like a really intelligent and nice kid.

• RealCatsFan
      4:55 pm March 26, 2018 Permalink

Yep, I think BBN is really going to embrace this kid. I think next year is going to be a lot of fun.

6. BBN in H-Town
    4:38 pm March 26, 2018 Permalink

Regarding Zion, I’m curious why any top recruit would view it in his best interest to attend Duke over Kentucky. It’s ultimately his decision, but from an objective standpoint, one simply has to take a step back and examine history. It certainly doesn’t favor Duke. But, wait, let me guess, he’s going to be the one to break the mold. He’s different. He doesn’t need Calipari’s knowledge, skills, and abilities. He has Coach Kryryaadsasdski, who has a GREAT track record with one-and-dones. *eye roll

It reminds me of the guy/gal who gets together with a notorious cheater, thinking their relationship will somehow be different, living happily ever after. Sorry, Zion. It doesn’t usually work that way in the real world.

• RealCatsFan
      4:54 pm March 26, 2018 Permalink

He also has a big duffel bag stuffed full of Benjamins courtesy of K and Jeff Capel. 😉

7. BBN_strive_4_9
    4:51 pm March 26, 2018 Permalink

I love him already

8. SuperTroy18
    6:12 pm March 26, 2018 Permalink

Oh man, I love this guy already! Reppin’ BBN! What a smooth interview. Can’t wait to see him in Blue and White!

We ain’t going out there to lose!! I love how his voice sounded when he said “I would hope that Kentucky is gonna win.” Like…what kind of stupid question is that?!