If the SEC Tournament started today…

The SEC Tournament starts a week from Wednesday, and UK probably lost the #1-seed when they fell at Vanderbilt on Saturday. Here’s the bracket after this weekend’s games:

SECT2016bracket-Feb29

Texas A&M plays at Auburn tomorrow night and hosts Vanderbilt on Saturday. Go Tigers and Dores?

7 Comments for If the SEC Tournament started today…

1. Sentient Third Eye
    11:13 am February 29, 2016 Permalink

Being 1 or 2 isn’t all that different this year, I guess. By slipping, we lose getting a revenge game against LSU, but no opponent in the lower bracket is all that dangerous. The team this bracket benefits is Alabama. I could see them making a surprise run to the finals with that bracket.

2. Jefferson760
    11:17 am February 29, 2016 Permalink

I’ll take that bracket all day long. The top half is a much tougher road to Sunday.

• BobKYCats
      11:42 am February 29, 2016 Permalink

Seconded.

3. GroundControlToNumber9
    11:42 am February 29, 2016 Permalink

As Jefferson760 already stated… the bottom bracket is the easier road.

This is due to the top bracket including 2 teams that have to win out to advance to the NCAA tourny (LSU, Vandy, & Alabama) who actually have the personnel or coaches to potentially make it happen.

When 1 team is playing for it’s life and you aren’t it changes the game.

4. GroundControlToNumber9
    11:44 am February 29, 2016 Permalink

*Correction (3 teams)… I had initially left Vandy out of the statement.

5. mchs5404
    11:48 am February 29, 2016 Permalink

I agree with Jefferson760, this is an ideal bracket for us in the conference tournament. Depending on how Saturday goes against LSU, the only team I think we truly do not match up with in conference is Vandy; that’s predicated on both times we have played. Our front court doesn’t match up well with theirs and its also why I believe when the NCAA brackets come out every elite big team in the country will be conveniently in our bracket. Write it down.

• 2thepoint
      2:34 pm February 29, 2016 Permalink

100% correct. That is why I have said all year Purdue will be in our bracket for 2nd game so wherever we go Purdue goes as well.