I bet you a million dollars you can’t guess Skyy Clark’s favorite Wildcat**

Five-star guard Skyy Clark is very high on Kentucky, says he’s been a fan since he’s been playing basketball and it was a “blessing” to receive a scholarship offer last week. He’s a huge Cats fan. He’ll probably become a Wildcat when it’s his turn to play college basketball in 2022.

So Clark likes the Cats, and like all Cats fans, he has a player he really admires. Lots of young guys Clark’s age will say John Wall or Anthony Davis or Devin Booker. Some might say Karl-Anthony Towns or Tyler Herro. The list goes on and there are no wrong answers.

But you’ll never guess Skyy Clark’s favorite Cat.

According to his father, Kenny Clark, in an interview with Larry Vaught, Skyy Clark loves Ryan Harrow.

“He saw Ryan on YouTube and fell in love with his game,” Kenny Clark said. “He is still studying Ryan Harrow to this day.”

Who saw that coming? (No offense to Ryan Harrow of course.)

Skyy Clark is right though. Those old Ryan Harrow Hoopsmixtape YouTube clips were great. I was convinced he was going to be the next John Wall and he was going to be dunking on people’s faces, then we all know how that 2012-13 season went.

For more on Clark’s connection to Harrow, read Larry Vaught’s interview with Kenny Clark here.

Or watch those Harrow highlights below:

(** This is not a real bet. I do not have a million dollars.)

Article written by Drew Franklin

16 Comments for I bet you a million dollars you can’t guess Skyy Clark’s favorite Wildcat**

1. CJKAssassin123
    3:26 pm July 10, 2020 Permalink

Why would anyone favorite UK be Ryan Harrow he didn’t do anything for UK!!!

2. ClutchCargo
    3:35 pm July 10, 2020 Permalink

Ryan, you would have had my non-existent million dollars if it was a real bet. Didn’t see that coming at all.

• ClutchCargo
      3:36 pm July 10, 2020 Permalink

Drew, that is.

3. MississippiBlue
    3:46 pm July 10, 2020 Permalink

I always liked Ryan Harrow. His handle was nice and he was a good passer. For what ever reason his jumper looked solid but never went in that year. I felt like he was dealing with too much pressure. If he could’ve stayed the course I think we would’ve still made the tournament that year.

4. BTIisGay
    3:54 pm July 10, 2020 Permalink

And… I just lost all hope in this kid.

5. UKinIN
    3:58 pm July 10, 2020 Permalink

Who knows why, but UK did not get a good version of Harrow.

6. BBN4LIFE03
    4:25 pm July 10, 2020 Permalink

Where is my money?

7. WILDCATS1968
    4:36 pm July 10, 2020 Permalink

Ryan Harrow’s problem was between the ears. He could not handle the mental aspect of playing big time college ball. He was all in his feelings too much, he would get distracted by normal everyday pressures outside of playing. No offense to the ladies, but he was too moody and had his days, you know the days. When I seen him laying in bed with his poodle, I knew we where in trouble. I was like “this dude definitely NOT a dawg.” A female one maybe. (just joking) Most dudes would be playing with Rots, Pit Bulls, Dobermans, nope not Ryan Harrow, he had a damn scrawny ass little yipping poodle. There is some truth in these here jokes, but this is a light hearted post, not to be offensive to Ryan Harrow, or females so do not take it that way.

8. Tom Bombadil
    4:55 pm July 10, 2020 Permalink

Wow…some serious moves in those mix tapes. Straight roasted some arse! I can understand Skyy Clark studying those handles etc.
    Once a cat ALWAYS A CAT! No matter! I wish Ryan well! Cheers!

9. IrishCat
    5:00 pm July 10, 2020 Permalink

Well, he all but said that in the Sources Say podcast.

10. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    6:21 pm July 10, 2020 Permalink

Ryan Harrow? I thought you were REALLY going to come out of left field with a Ralph Beard or Basil Hayden or something. lol

11. UKgrad80
    9:15 pm July 10, 2020 Permalink

He only mentions him in every article so no big surprise.

12. JASUN74
    4:22 am July 11, 2020 Permalink

Ryan had some game when he came to Kentucky. He had some kind of nagging injury or something like that and never could get back to 85-90% where he could play. He didn’t suck like some of you all are trying to imply here. If he would’ve been healthy all year, and of course if Noel hadn’t gotten hurt, that was going to be a sweet 16 or better team with over 25 wins. He just couldn’t get back after he had to sit out so long. No ones fault. Same with Vanderbilt. The kid had a couple different Very bad injuries and still tried his best to play. I hate when people act like he just didn’t want to play or something. The kid played with more heart than anybody we’ve had but just couldn’t be out there enough. Anyway, I hope Ryan is playing somewhere or doing good in life. Heck of nice young man and was a great ambassador for Kentucky while he was here. Love these kids fellas! They picked our school to play over every other school in the country. Injuries and sickness happens and can’t be controlled, but we can control how we we act and what we write about these kids. I still love everyone here, even the shitknockers!!! and hope everyone is doing great out there and you and your families are well. Go Cats!

• TonyMontana
      1:14 am July 12, 2020 Permalink

Harrow had a ton of potential when he came here and he showed that his final 2 seasons at Georgia State. He averaged 18ppg those last 2 years. He had 30 games with over 20 points. In one game he went 14/15 from the stripe and in another game he hit 7 3’s. He’s considered one of the best guards in GSU history. He finished All-Sun Belt First-Team both of his seasons and was the 2nd fastest player in history at GSU to reach 1000 points. Lets not forget, he actually averaged 10 per game as a Wildcat.

He was playing professionally overseas last season.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      1:34 pm July 12, 2020 Permalink

I don’t remember that injury, but it would explain a lot. However, I thought Cal made some hints that he had some head problems while at UK. Maybe not. Either way, I wish him the best.

• MississippiBlue
      3:01 pm July 12, 2020 Permalink

I recently read an article about his time at UK, and it appears that his father suffered a stroke at the beginning of the year. It looks like that is why he mysteriously disappeared for a few games, and why he often looked distracted when he came back. I’m sure that would’ve been a lot to deal with for most 20-21 year old kids.