Rhode Island transfer Jacob Toppin is officially a Kentucky Wildcat, announcing his commitment to the program this afternoon.
But what do fans need to know about the 6-foot-8 forward originally out of Brooklyn, NY? Let his film do the talking.
Check out his updated freshman highlights – created by @GoCatsBreakdown on Twitter – below:
— Kentucky Wildcats Breakdown (@GoCatsBreakdown) April 16, 2020
Not enough? You can see his senior highlights from high school below, as well:
In 30 games as a freshman at Rhode Island, the former three-star prospect in the class of 2019 averaged 5.1 points and 3.9 rebounds in 18.5 minutes per contest, including three starts.
Against high-quality competition, though, the newest Wildcat put forth solid performances, finishing in double figures against LSU (10), Alabama (11), and Richmond (12), who was expected to make the NCAA Tournament this past year.
Here is Toppin’s entire list of impressive performances and accolades in his debut season as a Ram, per Rhode Island Athletics:
- Appeared in all 30 games, making three starts
- Averaged 5.1 points and 3.9 rebounds per game
- Started and scored nine points, grabbed six rebounds, had three assists and hit the game-winning free throws with 6.6 seconds left in a 76-75 win at Fordham (2/27)
- Scored five points and grabbed two rebounds at Davidson (2/22)
- Had 12 points, two rebounds and one block against Saint Joseph’s (2/15)
- Had four points and three rebounds at Dayton (2/11)
- Had six points and four rebounds at George Washington (2/8)
- Scored seven points and had four rebounds at St. Bonaventure (1/25)
- Made his first career start and had nine points and four rebounds against Davidson (1/8)
- Scored a career-high 12 points with eight rebounds against Richmond (1/5)
- Had five points and five rebounds against Western Kentucky (12/21)
- Scored five points and grabbed five rebounds against Providence (12/6)
- Had five points and six rebounds at West Virginia (12/1)
- Scored four points and grabbed three rebounds against Manhattan (11/27)
- Had 10 points and three rebounds against LSU (11/24)
- Scored 11 points and was 3-of-4 from 3-point range against Alabama (11/15)
- Had six rebounds at Maryland (11/9)
- Scored 11 points, grabbed seven rebounds and blocked one shot in his collegiate debut against LIU (11/5)
Welcome to the family.