Highlights from the win

Watch the video then forget that game ever happened.

Article written by Drew Franklin

6 Comments for Highlights from the win

1. Melvit
    12:02 am December 11, 2014 Permalink

Since the comments were not enabled on the die in, I will comment here. Even though I disagree with the protesters, I do agree with their right to peacefully protest.

2. PWinKY
    1:43 am December 11, 2014 Permalink

I found it very ironic that the blog lauded the students utilizing their 1st amendment rights and disabled the comments in the same article. You don’t trust us, do you KSR?

I too disagree with the protestors. There are PLENTY of police abuses of power in this nation that we should spotlight. Instead we let the media whip us into a frenzy over a fat dude that died of a heart attack and a man who was busy assaulting a police officer. Seriously.

• JoeMoney333
      6:43 am December 11, 2014 Permalink

Why do we need the media to twist the facts when you do it so well here?

3. rockatao
    7:42 am December 11, 2014 Permalink

shortest highlight film of the year

4. The Truth AKA HelloNuWorld
    11:13 am December 11, 2014 Permalink

It’s pretty sad and ignorant when people make comments about topics they know little to nothing about, and can’t relate to because they have never experienced it. In a nutshell that is the essence of majority of the United States, and why there are so many problems that still exist. I have previously mentioned that there will always be an elephant in the room that no one will want to talk about, but it cannot be ignored as evident by the recurring tragedies that play out in America.

I’ve always been open minded and understand both perspectives, and truthfully I’m indifferent to the protest. On one hand I am glad people are waking up, but on the other hand we needed this about a decade ago. I’ve lived in Lexington majority of my life and have been profiled so many times I’ve lost count. I’ve been provoked by cops in order for them to have a reason to take me to jail, but have NEVER taken the bait because I am hip to their tactics. Seriously I have had cops talk down to me and reckless to me over routine traffic stops, just to see if I would react and give them a reason to escalate the situation to more than it was.

Something that hits home even more so is just over the past week, when I have attended bball games at Rupp, my friends seats in the Lower Arena have been occupied by seat squatters two different times. When my friend and I ask for the squatters to move, they have questioned us like we are in the wrong. Now don’t get me wrong I understand people make mistakes, but one couple that knew they were wrong even asked to see our tickets. In the back of their minds I knew they couldn’t believe that two African Americans could have seats in this area.

Which leads to my next point of how America loves our culture (Bball players, music, language etc), but hates black people (I’m talking everyday people, not celebrities). Not saying that all of America does, as the times are changing, but there are still a lot of people that have that old way of thinking and are passing this on to a new generation, so trust me it’s really not going to change that drastically anytime soon. That’s the reason I support Cal, because he is more concerned about the name on the BACK of the Jersey than the name on the front.

One thing that still boggles my mind is how we have progressed from a situation where Africans were; hung, shot, executed, whipped and had limbs severed by Caucasians to a situation where Caucasians ALWAYS feel threatened by African Americans. Seriously it’s pretty mind blowing how much the word threatened gets used as a defense mechanism when cops try to justify their reasoning for their actions.

In this life I’ve learned you either build or destroy, and a lot of people unfortunately subconsciously choose the destroyer path because it’s easy and selfish.

5. American Errorist
    9:16 pm December 11, 2014 Permalink

All republicans actually hate black people. They just will never admit it.