Help me understand Ashley Judd’s complaint with Chick-fil-A

ashley-chicken

Last night during Kentucky’s bludgeoning of Texas A&M, Ashley Judd waged war on Chick-fil-A for its in-game promotion in Rupp Arena. The promotion, which I believe is called “Fowl Shot,” gives away a free chicken biscuit to fans at UK home games if a player from the opposing team misses two consecutive free throws. It’s an awesome promotion because: a) everyone loves free food; b) everyone loves Chick-fil-A; and c) everyone loves when an opponent fails to put the basketball into the cylinder.

But Ashley Judd is not a fan of the “Fowl Shot” and she made that very clear to her 280,000 Twitter followers last night, when A&M’s Robert Williams missed two at the stripe midway through the second half. Judd tweeted, “Your promotion for fans to cheer against kids attempting free throws is tacky. Please find another in game promotion.”

This is where she lost me. Aren’t we at games to cheer for our team and root against the opponent? Shouldn’t we make noise every time an opponent is at the line? Shouldn’t we cheer when they miss? I would run out there and block a shot myself if I could. I want the opponent to miss every shot. I want them to play terrible basketball. That’s the entire premise behind sports. One team wins, one team loses. We want our team to be the winner by scoring more points. So what’s wrong with getting loud when a player on the other team is at the foul line? Does she have a problem with people waving their arms in the end zones, behind the baskets? I don’t get it. Ashley, of all people, should want Rupp Arena to be loud at all times. What happened to our “super fan”? And would she be complaining about this if it were a tie game with under a minute to go? No. You want the opponent to miss. That’s the nature of the game.

As for the promotion, I think it is a brilliant idea and in-game feature because it encourages fans to get off their feet (and Lord knows Rupp’s fans need encouragement) and get some energy going in the arena in the second half. I also think it is a great promotion because chicken biscuits are delicious.

That being said, the people sending personal attacks to Ashley are way out of bounds. Her mentions got pretty brutal, although she seemed to take them in stride with comebacks of her own. Criticize her for forgetting how sports work, but keep it all within the playing field. She is still one of our favorites and one of Big Blue Nation’s most loyal fans.

Moving forward, I think we can use this very small controversy to come together and promote real change, change that actually matters. Maybe, just maybe, if we come together and make our voices heard, Chick-fil-A will finally open on Sundays. That’s the real issue here.

Article written by Drew Franklin

110 Comments for Help me understand Ashley Judd’s complaint with Chick-fil-A

1. Sentient Third Eye
    10:43 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

Agreed on all points. It is an awesome promotion, and Ashley is out in left field on this one, but why fight about it either way? The opponent’s free throws are not determining whether Israel or the Palestinians get Jerusalem or anything. It’s just for a chicken biscuit. Both Ashley and fans reacting to her need to catch their breaths and relax.

• memphis wildcat
      11:44 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

The real conflict for me was being at the Ole Miss game where they have the same promotion…except it was only in the last 4 minutes. At that point, I almost was rooting for a UK player to miss 2 FTs so I could get a free biscuit – almost. I was definitely rooting for a UK player to miss the second FT to give Briscoe a shot at a 10th rebound.

The funny thing at Ole Miss was that you got a free taco or something if OIe Miss scored 77. Humphries blocking Ole Miss’s final shot to keep them at 76 did not make the fans still there very happy…..

• Blue Jesus
      12:09 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

memphis wildcat – and the point that Ole Miss is doing the same thing (and so is every other school in one form or another) is precisely why I don’t see grounds for criticism. If it were the norm to sit quietly and clap politely when an opponent made a free throw, and UK meanwhile shouted and got loud, then okay, maybe we’re being petty and should do away with it. But everyone else is doing it, and if Chick-fil-a weren’t promoting it, someone else would, or the PA people would do it regardless.

2. Booby Petrino
    10:44 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

YES! Thank you Drew. I find it hilarious that Chick Fil A is opening on Richmond Road in front of the biggest church in Lexington (Southland) but will be closed on Sundays.

3. DT in DC
    10:45 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

She’s just salty because the founder of CFA has values and ethics different than hers.

• ClutchCargo
      11:07 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

I came here to post the same comment. She clearly has a problem with CFA, unrelated to this promotion, and this was just a convenient opportunity to blast them.

• BMT
      12:41 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

I couldn’t agree more. Honestly, the celebrities that I most appreciate are the one’s who keep their politics to themselves.

• Luether
      1:56 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

This has nothing to do with the promotion and everything to do with left wing ideology. She also hates WalMart, SeaWorld, and the 2nd amendment…

• catheaven
      4:40 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

Yep, ol ashley just using this as excuse to go after CF bc their politics are not in line with hers. Celebs haven’t figured out that we don’t care what they think and certainly don’t influence me. Look at most of their personal lives; one big ol nasty mess. Why would I care what they think or say? I might actually like them if they stick to entertaining and less politics. Makes me not buy what they are selling. Boycott them.

4. Yoda
    10:47 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

Methinks Ashley forgot the difference in equality of opportunity (to make a free throw) vs. equality of outcome (to make a free throw). Kids have every opportunity to make their free throw, yet it is our job as opposing fans to influence the outcome. Love me some Ashley, but her stance stems from a key talking point of a PC culture driven by liberalism.

5. m4ff3w
    10:47 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

It would be great if someone could find video of her cheering after opponents missed free throws.

6. symphonist41169
    10:47 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

Not cheering for the other team to miss shots is veering dangerously close to “Everybody gets a trophy” territory. Get her out of Hollywood, quick!!

7. secrick
    10:50 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

She is just another celebrity that gets want to much attention.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:56 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

She is an aging lady in Hollywood, and opportunities dry up in Tinsel Town when makeup no longer hides the wrinkles. Fair or not, that’s reality. She probably does desire the free publicity. Someone once pointed out that there’s no such thing as bad publicity.

8. loservilletard
    10:51 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

another Lib meltdown…ignore

9. za
    10:52 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

Ashley is weird. Let’s start promoting the hunger games boy as the celebrity fan.

• EdC
      1:48 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

Might help get that started to use his actual name LOL Josh Hutcherson Twitter @jhutch1992

• Blue_Cat75
      1:50 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

I’d rather have Steve Zahn. Dude’s a raving fan.

• za
      8:58 am January 5, 2017 Permalink

I was being facetious, EdC. I don’t care about what fans like UK or not.

Steve Zahn!

10. Biglaw Dawgin'
    10:55 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

I get Ashley’s complaint. She’s saying we should be cheering for our team to do well, not their team to do horribly. And the two are not mutually exclusive. She’s a classy lady, and classy ladies don’t cheer for other teams to fail, they just cheer for their teams to do better.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:57 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

Does that mean no booing when an opposing player does something we don’t like. Does that mean we can not longer hate Laettner? Where does it end?

• Biglaw Dawgin'
      11:11 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

There’s a difference between booing when someone does something you don’t like and booing a kid for no reason. UK fans generally handle their selfs with class. Just like we don’t throw drinks on the other team when they walk in the building or cheer for other players to break their legs. This isn’t Philadelphia. We want to win, but we’re not doing things out of pure spite or because we want to win at all costs. She’s just saying that giving a promotion for another team to miss two in a row is a step in the wrong direction for us. I tend to agree. Give a promotion when WE make 4 in a row or something.

• Booby Petrino
      11:13 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

missing a couple of free throws isn’t “doing horribly,” it’s just missing a couple of shots. Did A&M play horrible? Yes. But that promotion was planned long before they knew how badly they would play. If the game was tied, would it be bad to make noise while the other team shoots? Because that’s what the promotion was…get loud while they shoot, so hopefully they miss…and bonus, if they miss two you get a free biscuit! Basically what you are saying is only cheer for your team, do not make noise when the other team is taking shots.

• Booby Petrino
      11:15 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

the cheering after the miss shots wasn’t “ha ha you missed shots and are awful at the game.” It was “yay you don’t score points on us (which is the object of the game) and we get a biscuit!”

• ClutchCargo
      11:40 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

Also, I’m pretty sure A&M’s players had no clue there was such a promotion, so what’s the harm? All they know is that the crowd seemed happier than normal about the missed free throws. Don’t like it, don’t miss 2 free throws. Ha!

• scottfarkus01
      1:14 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

Agreed, promotions are for winning or something positive, not for something negative. It doesn’t matter much to me as I won’t eat this hate-filled chicken anyway. Sorry Drew, I’ll stick to Cane’s.

• EdC
      1:50 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

Not open on Sundays = hate-filled. OK got it. #nuckingfuts

• ukisgr8
      4:31 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

Og good grief

• Luether
      1:11 am January 5, 2017 Permalink

I’ve seen more class in a cockroach…

11. kampus korner
    10:56 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

Me thinks Ashley is suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) because Trump won the Presidential election. She is still discombobulated from Trump’s upset victory. As a result her thinking as a member of Big Blue Nation has become temporarily distorted. Hopefully, she recovers soon.

12. tlwood43
    10:58 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

I think like most things that get thrown in the internet amplification tube, this got blown way out of proportion. Ashley is eloquent and doesn’t really need anyone to speak for her, but I will say that the word she chose was “tacky.” Not “horrible” or “egregious” or “reprehensible” or even “bad.” Tacky. Putting a bounty on a kid’s misadventures at the foul line is kinda tacky. Not the worst thing in the world, just sorta bad form from a sportsmanship perspective. She didn’t say fans shouldn’t yell when the opponent is shooting foul shots. I’m pretty sure she has when in the eRUPPtion zone. She didn’t say fans shouldn’t be glad or cheer when an opponent misses. We all do that. She just said the promotion by a major corporation that pays off when a kid screws up isn’t the best look or message to send for that corporation. Tacky. A lot of the blowback against Ashley is rooted in the fact that she’s unabashedly liberal and outspoken. A lot of folks in KY don’t dig that combination.

• Booby Petrino
      11:18 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

Putting a bounty on a kid’s misadventures at the foul line is kinda tacky. So dramatic. They miss two free throws, you get a biscuit is all it was. No need for the drama, snowflake.

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:27 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

Tacky is tripping an opposing player. Tacky is cheering when an opposing player is actually injured. This is not tacky. It’s part of the fun of sports.

• tlwood43
      12:46 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

Snowflake? Me? Oh crap. Now I need a safe zone.

13. DrSayre
    10:58 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

I believe this is all political. If this was a different company than Chick-fil-a, she never would have said anything.

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:28 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

So you think if Col. Sanders was sponsoring the “fowl ball” promo, Ashley would have no beef with it? Could be…

• runningunnin.454
      11:50 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

Beef at Col. Sanders? Puns all over the place!

• Luether
      1:58 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

Wrong. She would also be all over it if were WalMart or SeaWorld. It’s left wind ideology, stupid…

14. rainman
    11:07 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

SCREW Chic-fil-A and everything they stand for!

• InigoMontoya
      11:14 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

I’d say it looks like it’s time for rainman to go hibernate.

• leon singleton
      11:50 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

Gay.

• Luether
      1:59 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

Sore loser…

• Luether
      12:56 pm January 5, 2017 Permalink

I’m referring to leon’s rear end.

15. Ridge Runner
    11:11 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

Hollywood part of her showing disconnect is my first thought.

16. Sticky Ceiling
    11:13 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

She is a liberal, not much left to understand.

17. InigoMontoya
    11:16 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

BTW, nice picture of Medusa.

18. TJY
    11:19 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

My son and I attended a game at Rupp early in the season and really enjoyed how it got the fans excited. What is better is how no one cheers for a player to miss the second free throw if they make the first shot BECAUSE NO FREE CHICKEN BISCUIT.

When watching games on TV we laugh at how loud the fans are in the second half when free throws are being shot because of this promotion. Great promotion, great food, Ashley just wanted some publicity. #KeepChickenBiscuitPromotion

19. Wakecrash
    11:22 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

What hypocrisy, to say or take part of making noise and booing the other team when taking the foul shot is ok for fans, then say a company cant take part of that. Making noise and going crazy during an opponents foul (fowl) shot attempt is a good thing. Its a celebration for the fans and sponsers, and part of the game for the players.
    I’m hungry, what’s for lunch?

20. sincitycat
    11:25 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

Give ’em hell, Rainman!

21. 4everblue
    11:28 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

First you still haven’t fixed that damned autoplay video that takes you half way down the page. So damned annoying.

22. Laker Cat 18
    11:37 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

If the Cats were tied with a minute to go in the national championship game, I’ll bet she wouldn’t have those same views. The fact we were up 40 is her issue with it I think. She’s all about charity and helping the less fortunate. Texas A&M was definitely the less fortunate last night.

23. Adam From Awesome Trot
    11:37 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

Chick Fil A did this promotion at Ole Miss too.

24. BluKudzu
    11:40 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

Not so much a fan on AJ’s stance regarding CF promotion, but she has the right to say what she thinks. Perhaps it may indeed be wise to understand morals and ethics before proclaiming those that have them or have none.
    Do some research on the owners, and read the donations they have made, to understand what these fine Christians are trying to do to other Americans. You decide once you have a full appraisal of what is, and has been, going on for sometime, under the guise of Christian Faith.
    The most judgmental people I know are Christians, Those that own CF, based on the documented history, seem to be among those casting stones.
    I am not saying right or wrong, just take some time to investigate for a better understanding, then make your own decision, Not looking for miracles from anyone or deep revelations, just understand the position better, prior to condemnation.
    You know, freedom of speech, religion and all that stuff…..

• RoyalBlues12
      11:46 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

I agree. She has the freedom to say whatever she wishes. The same as the owners of Chick Fil A have the freedom to give their own money to whoever they wish for whatever they believe in. “You know, freedom of speech, religion and all that stuff…..”

25. RoyalBlues12
    11:42 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

Can we start to celebrate someone else as our “celebrity” fan now?

26. theurbansombrero
    11:54 am January 4, 2017 Permalink

Ashley Judd is a vegetarian. My guess is
    that, as much as she is just a killer UK fan,
    her outrage in the “chicken biscuit promo”
    brouhaha has more to do with her beliefs
    about factory-farmed chickens than concern
    for the “tastefulness” of the promo in regards
    the feelings of an opposing player.

• catdaddyd
      12:52 am January 5, 2017 Permalink

Then she should get the chicken biscuit without the chicken.

27. philthebreeze
    12:05 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

I love Ashley but she is only saying this because it’s Chick Fil A and they are a company with conservative values. If it enhances the game atmosphere and fan experience in the second half then we should be for it.

28. theurbansombrero
    12:07 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

Also, just because you don’t agree with a
    person’s ideas or politics, why is it necessary
    to not watch them in movies, or no longer
    want them to be an iconic fan? The great
    thing about freedom of speech is that all
    these opinions and ideas get to compete in
    the marketplace of ideas and images for the
    hearts and minds of the public. It’s only when
    this nasty “us against them” mindset takes
    hold that debate gets ugly, and, from a
    historical perspective, dangerous.

29. Ky ski nut
    12:10 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

Pretty and articulate doesn’t always equal sane or rational. I agree with RoyalBlues12, can we not get another celebrity. And….I was hoping you all would post my New Year’s Day water skiing pic with a Wildcats shirt on that I posted on your KSR Facebook page. Come ‘on give this brother some love.

30. radman
    12:14 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

We cheered louder every time Lamar fumbled. What’s the difference?

31. bigclubswinger
    12:17 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

They do this lots of places. Saw the same thing at the Wizards/Hornets game in DC a few weeks ago. We finally got a video board so they can do these types of things in Rupp. More $ for the program.

32. kybigblue
    12:20 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

Without the promotion would you normally be rooting for an opponent to miss two free throws when the game has long been decided?

33. hweathers
    12:39 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

Celebrity with liberal views, corporation with conservative views. Nuf said. BTW if she reads this site, she probably won’t anymore since she is pictured right beside a picture of CFA. May even tweet about it.

34. anrbob
    12:48 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

I wonder what her feelings are for Arizona State’s student section and their “Curtain of Distraction?”

35. cah16
    1:14 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

First of all. Ashley Judd is a “famous fan,” not a super fan. Secondly, CFA worked with the athletic department for come up with this promotion. The promotion had to go through several departments to be approved.
    She doesn’t agree with CFA because of the conservative views. If they fed the entire city of Lexington, she would find something wrong with it.
    CFA is a privately owned company and they can only open on Tuesday mornings if they want. Why is it such a controversy that they are closed on Sundays?
    CFA is a good friend to the Universities across the country and do a tremendous amount of charity work.
    I agree that “pretty and articulate doesn’t always equal sane or rational.”

36. EdC
    1:42 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

I don’t live anywhere close anymore so I was always wondering while watching a game that UK was way up and the fans were going Bat S crazy for meaningless free throws. I thought it was hilarious when I found out they weren’t meaningless.

37. EkyCatFan
    1:52 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

In Hell there is a Chick-fil-A on every corner, and every day is Sunday.

38. J-Dub421
    1:58 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

Why is a supposedly christian conservative leaning fast food chain sponsoring a promotion that encourages poor sportsmanship? Wouldn’t it be just as easy to make winning free food contingent upon the home team hitting 2 free throws in a row?

• Luether
      2:01 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

You hate…

• J-Dub421
      2:24 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

How is anything I said hate? You make no sense.

• UK Big Board Update
      9:19 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

Luether is a dumbass troll.

• catdaddyd
      12:56 am January 5, 2017 Permalink

Maybe they should give free chicken biscuits if Briscoe hit two free throws in a row. then you would complain that it puts too much pressure on the home team.

• J-Dub421
      11:25 am January 5, 2017 Permalink

Briscoe is currently shooting 73.7% from the free throw line for the season. Also I just said in my fist comment that they could do the promotion for the home team hitting free throws. Learn some reading comprehension catdaddyd and stop being such an obnoxious troll.

• J-Dub421
      11:26 am January 5, 2017 Permalink

*first comment.

39. UKFanBhm
    2:01 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

She’s a Lib, what do you expect!!

40. wesmorgan1
    2:07 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

I see her point – it IS tacky.

Have a promotion for holding opponents under 70 (or whatever) – fine.
    Have a promotion for “more than X treys” – great.
    Have a promotion for “more than Y blocks” – awesome.
    Have a promotion for “more than Z steals” – fantastic.

Those are all postive actions by our players/team.

This one is different – the promotion hinges on an individual player making a particular mistake. Speaking as the father of three HS/collegiate athletes, I don’t appreciate anything that singles out individual players in a negative fashion. It’s one thing for fans to harass and distract opponents within reason–that’s the ancient right of fandom–but it seems quite another to basically sponsor (or ‘corporatize’) poor play.

It isn’t much in the grand scheme of things, but yeah, I’ll call it tacky.

41. jonthes
    2:12 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

That company has openly expressed hatred towards the gay community, and profited from customers who buy there to express the hatred themselves. I won’t eat there. Ashley’s objections are otherwise, but then she gets attacked by those haters too. Sad people.

• ukisgr8
      2:39 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

Read below my comments: Just wanted to add they thanked me for sending the info and I will also add you have been faked news snookered about Chik-Fil-A. Either way, this PC BS I’m completely over. Heck, if I quit shopping at places that upset me I’d be stuck with Dollar General only for shopping. As they say at Chik-Fil-A, God Bless(How evil they are)

• J-Dub421
      2:49 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

• ukisgr8
      2:55 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

oh I remember it very well duuuuuub. At the time, it was illegal in almost all states but communists were trying to force companies to pay out benefits. It’s not how it works. Besides, that has zero to do with Jon’s comments

• J-Dub421
      3:12 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

You said he had bought in to fake news. That is false.

• ukisgr8
      3:14 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

So all Christians are bigots is your stance?

• J-Dub421
      3:26 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

Can you read?

I said, “You said he had bought in to fake news. That is false.”
      You responded with, “So all Christians are bigots is your stance?”

How on earth did you get from point A to point B there?

You also said, “Besides, that has zero to do with Jon’s comment,” when his opening statement was, “That company has openly expressed hatred towards the gay community.” So clearly, my post of a link regarding Chick-Fil-‘s openly anti-LGBT stance was both relevant and related to the topic at hand.

• D0nc0smic
      3:40 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

ukisgr8 Most Christians support marriage equality, so no they aren’t bigots. Anyone who tries to force their religion on others, especially on their employees, is in the wrong.

• ukisgr8
      3:49 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

I had a nice long response for you, twice in fact, but I have zero comment for your ilk. Move on, I wasn’t talking to you to begin with

• ukisgr8
      3:54 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

Don, I’m libertarian so I support 100% gay marriage, as a libertarian. As a Christian, from that vantage point, no way could I even begin to want to or try to justify it anymore than justifying Adultery.

• J-Dub421
      4:21 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

My ilk? What ilk is that? Rational and on topic?

All christians are not bigots, but you certainly are.

• HackRichards
      5:36 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

Chic fil a does NOT hate gays. The Bible does that. It is Gods word you have a problem with – NOT Chic-fil-a. BIGOTS are people who are utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion. THEREFORE you are a bigot yourself by not being tolerant of Chic-fil-a’s position.

• J-Dub421
      12:49 am January 5, 2017 Permalink

Really Hack? Did you talk to God directly?? Or are you referring to a book written by a bunch of dudes 2000 years ago that you’ve never actually read because I am quite certain you don’t read ancient Aramaic and Hebrew? You’ve read an interpretation of something that was translated multiple times and passed down like a historical game of telephone. We do not live in a theocracy and do not make laws based on religion. Stop trying to force your religion on others.

• catdaddyd
      1:02 am January 5, 2017 Permalink

So you are a bigot if you don’t support gay marriage? Get real.

liberals only believe with free speech as long as you agree with them.

• Luether
      1:08 am January 5, 2017 Permalink

Gay marriage is bad, but pork is okay in my book.

• Luether
      1:09 am January 5, 2017 Permalink

The Bible is meant to be interpreted the way you want to interpret it…

• J-Dub421
      11:29 am January 5, 2017 Permalink

You don’t have to support gay marriage, but you don’t have the right to ban it based in your religion because not everyone in the country practices your religion. Your religious freedom applies to and stops with you.

42. jo3bingham
    2:14 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

I’m just confused as to why she’s just now saying something. Chik-fil-a has been doing this at every home game this season. If it was that big of a deal, she should have said something day one.

43. ukisgr8
    2:27 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

She’s a socialist so she’s anti business, except show business, and I would assume the sponsors of her movies and such. And Jonthes, Chik-Fil-A has never made negative remarks towards anyone, just that they are christian company that shuts down sunday. However, I have forwarded a screenshot od this to the Chik Fil A legal department. Good luck with that.

• D0nc0smic
      3:42 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

They have literally donated money to support killing gay people in Africa. They are fake Christians who believe in nothing but hate.

• ukisgr8
      3:52 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

seriously?

• catdaddyd
      1:03 am January 5, 2017 Permalink

That’s just to stop the aids.

44. scwhite9
    2:47 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

Offensive? Seriously? Dick Vitale is more offensive to me as he talks and screams incessantly. If we want to protest something, at least find something worthwhile.

I was at the game; I am a long-time fan; I am a senior, senior citizen, and I LOVED it. I loved Big Bertha’s replacement; I loved the music; I loved the steam at the end; I loved the intro. Excuse me. I would tell you more things I love, but I have to go get one of my free Chick-Fil-As.

45. KSR Spy
    3:38 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

This is what happens when you empty all of the sense out of your head to make room for more “education”.

46. Ky ski nut
    4:36 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

“Whew, boy, that escalated quickly”-Ron Burgundy, following anchor gang fight.

47. Jiminy Crickets
    4:42 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

maybe she left her cell phone in that Tex A&M players’ locker room

48. HackRichards
    5:32 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

I DISMISSED her when she sat with the Tarheel Fans that year. Progressive Liberal Trash. That is simply her way of criticizing a company that tries to run itself on Christian values.

• theurbansombrero
      6:29 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

Did you just call another human being
      “trash” under the mantle of a religion
      purported to follow Christ?

• HackRichards
      11:51 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

I’m sure Christ took out some trash in his time here.

• UK Big Board Update
      10:36 pm January 5, 2017 Permalink

Christians – biggest hypocrites on earth.

49. hweathers
    8:39 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

Either this was a setup to get clicks, or you are really out of touch.

50. UK Big Board Update
    9:21 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

You read the comments, and we wonder why our state is in such bad shape as it is….

51. The Gray Bear
    10:59 pm January 4, 2017 Permalink

I find it strange she has an issue with Chik-Fil-A but doesn’t rant over the Whitaker Bank Shot promotions?