Help me hate Chris Mack

Help me hate Chris Mack.

Because now that Chris Mack is the head coach at Louisville, I need to hate Chris Mack.

So what do we know about him? I’ll admit: I know very little. I know he coached at Xavier and did pretty well there. I know he also played at Xavier. I know he doesn’t like Mick Cronin and neither do I. I know he’s bald.

Other than that, my Mack knowledge is limited. His Wikipedia page tells me he played tuba in the University of Evansville band before transferring to Xavier, but that’s pretty funny. I can’t hate him for playing tuba in college. I know one of his assistants is Bill Murray’s son, which means Bill Murray will now be a Louisville fan — I can definitely hate him for that.

What else, though? Who can give me a really good reason to hate Mack, other than the fact he’s at Louisville? Rick Pitino was easy to hate and poke fun of. Almost too easy, really. But Mack, this is going to take some work.

The pimp jokes write themselves, so that’s fun:

But I still need more than Louisville hiring another pimp on its coaching staff.

Any ideas? Or should I just wait and let nature work its course?

Article written by Drew Franklin

24 Comments for Help me hate Chris Mack

1. philbo
    8:59 pm March 27, 2018 Permalink

First time he puts the “L” up….my character judgement courtesies will disappear.

2. TB112162
    8:59 pm March 27, 2018 Permalink

Sorry Drew I can’t hate him right now I know his wife from her days at Holy Cross she not only was a great player but an even greater person and I love her parents also I don’t know him will see how things go. Dont get me wrong I’m still not gonna cheer for the Cards

3. CoachCat
    9:00 pm March 27, 2018 Permalink

For me it’s simple. Mack. Louisville’s coach. Hate him. Done

4. ukkatzfan
    9:08 pm March 27, 2018 Permalink

Was coach 2, then his little son…..coach 2.5 Now here comes Coach 3 the one actually following coach 2. Only thing he will leave Da’ville with is a golden parachute.

5. runningunnin.454
    9:23 pm March 27, 2018 Permalink

He looks like one of the aliens in Men In Black.

6. PTA
    9:27 pm March 27, 2018 Permalink

He’s the evil brother of Terry Meiners !

7. Wade
    9:29 pm March 27, 2018 Permalink

I’d like to see cal go bald get a cat and refer to Mack as his mini me.

8. jahanc2uky
    9:53 pm March 27, 2018 Permalink

It is hard to hate a coach who is signing on to a program that should get the death penalty. Brad Stevens is the only coach that could beat UK with 8 scholarship players. UK has 8 McDonalds All-Americans, for crying out load. If you are looking for a reason to hate Chris Mack, it has to be for being dumb enough to take a job where the school gets 2 schloarships per year over a 4 year period.

9. UKPROF
    9:58 pm March 27, 2018 Permalink

Some of these articles are exposing a lot of immaturity (hint hint).

• That’s almost every post here.

“In the most ridiculous manner possible”.

• Look Out Fireworks
      2:04 pm March 28, 2018 Permalink

I love how so many of you people accept “in the most ridiculous manner possible” as an excuse for ignorance and incompetent journalism/writing skills.

10. No Love for Red
    10:09 pm March 27, 2018 Permalink

Once he puts on U of L Sweaters, T-Shirts, Hats, there is no returning from the Dark Side!! Don’t tell me what a good guy he is!! Rick Pitino was once a good guy, but Louisville stole his Soul!!!

11. ClutchCargo
    10:13 pm March 27, 2018 Permalink

You can’t force this kind of thing. It will come naturally in due time.

12. Just calm down with a nice Cheesy Gordita Crunch my man.

13. antiquefurnitureandmidgets
    10:38 pm March 27, 2018 Permalink

Hate for an in-state rival doesn’t have to be justified. It just is. Frankly, I wish KSR would instead go in search of why it obsesses about all things Louisville. It’s very little brother-ish and while the bulk of our fans hate the Cards, I don’t think they’re obsessed with them.

• Look Out Fireworks
      2:08 pm March 28, 2018 Permalink

I think it’s kind of “big-brother-ish” to be annoyed by the incessant pestering of the little brother.

Everyone is allowed an obsession, and laughing at how stupid Louisville can be makes Matt giddy.

14. RICKSVD
    10:41 pm March 27, 2018 Permalink

He’s the enemy. I don’t care about pitino and Jurich, theyvare gone. I hate tyra, Mack, Walz, Mcdonald, they are cheating, human trafficking loving garbage. #welikeunderageprostitutes

15. kuhlkat
    3:45 am March 28, 2018 Permalink

Just watch a couple of his interviews. He is a total bore. Combine that with red and I hate him already

16. huntcalvert
    8:33 am March 28, 2018 Permalink

That’s easy. He’s the uofl coach

17. Jiminy Crickets
    8:59 am March 28, 2018 Permalink

When he steps in and gets Langford from IU/Vandy and the “recruiting war” begins

• Jiminy Crickets
      9:01 am March 28, 2018 Permalink

His first recruit priority will be Langford, his second will be Kyky. He will come in with “recruit Kentucky first”, a direct slap in Cal and UKs face.
      You heard it here first

18. TB112162
    2:00 pm March 28, 2018 Permalink

Jiminy Crickets he is not going to get Langford you heard it here first SMH

19. Nickerbocker05
    4:06 pm March 28, 2018 Permalink

Louisville hires Hollywood actor and star of 1995 hit movie “powder” for HC of Louisville Men’s Basketball…

20. KYat46
    6:54 pm March 29, 2018 Permalink

Hate him because he brawls with rivals.