Hear Isaiah Briscoe and Ramel Bradley on today’s show (Tuesday Show Thread)

briscoe

We have two big guests joining us in studio today with Isaiah Briscoe in the first hour followed by Ramel Bradley in the second. I’m not sure there’s ever been two bigger trash talkers on one show, so you should definitely tune in.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

44 Comments for Hear Isaiah Briscoe and Ramel Bradley on today’s show (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    9:59 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

Tuned into the Cubs game last night to see them raise the World Series banner.
    The TV announcer, a baseball guy, said everybody in Wrigley had their blue on, and
    “it looked like the Kentucky Wildcats when they go on the road”. Ha Ha.

• ukjaybrat
      10:04 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

i didn’t notice that. i was tuned in too but i had the volume turned down because i was multi-tasking and basically waiting to get through that rain delay that lasted FOREVER !!!

2. secrick
    10:04 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

Can’t believe your having Smooth on today.

• Realme
      10:14 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

So cool that such a New Yorker at heart wants to give back to Ky like he is. I hope he and Briscoe overlap. I could see them getting along well.

3. J-Dub421
    10:14 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

Zay was instrumental to our teams’ success this season especially due to his leadership and defensive toughness. Not to mention his fearless slashing ability. There were several games he helped win for us driving for buckets late in games when other teams could not stop him. The Vandy game comes to mind.

• Realme
      10:18 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

I don’t know if he’ll be drafted, but I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t earn a spot on a team, for the reasons you described.

• runningunnin.454
      10:20 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

The ‘bama game down there as well

• secrick
      10:22 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

If toughness has anything to do with it he will make a team.

• J-Dub421
      10:24 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

Toughness, heart, determination, and hard work. These are things Briscoe has in spades.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:24 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

A really good player with effort and hustle second to none. He has a couple very visible flaws that were unfortunately magnified by a few ignorant “fans” and less-than-knowledgeable sports casters.
      I wish him luck in his future. He will have success somewhere. Selfishly, for the team I wish he would return but I don’t think he helps HIS future by returning.

• J-Dub421
      10:29 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

His shooting improved a lot from first to second year. I would think that would be a mark in his favor. He’s shown he’ll put in the work and that he can get better. There is demonstrable proof that Briscoe improved.

4. Realme
    10:21 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

I don’t see airport cops having the nerve to manhandle someone Briscoe’s size.

• J-Dub421
      10:25 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

Can you imagine the death threats they’d receive if they dared? It would make the Higgins death threats look like child’s play.

• Realme
      10:26 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

And it would somehow be Matt’s fault. 🙂

5. CATandMONKEY
    10:29 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

I liked Briscoe before. He is only increasing my perception of him with this interview.
    #Real

• J-Dub421
      10:34 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

I am often amazed by the poise and general niceness of our players. Reporters ask them some snarky nasty questions designed to provoke a reaction and they handle those questions way better than I would. Remember last year when Tipton asked Briscoe the “lesser light in the backcourt” question? Zay turned lemons into lemonade. I would have told Tipton to go eff himself.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:38 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

I believe that response is appropriate for any Tipton question; even “Excuse me, what time is it?”

• Realme
      10:46 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

I think they should all start yelling “JERRY!” Newman style.

6. secrick
    10:32 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

Can’t listen to the radio. If Bradley says what he is doing now someone post it please.

• J-Dub421
      10:35 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

He won’t be on until the second hour, but I think he’s playing professionally in Israel.

• Realme
      11:43 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

He said he decided not to play overseas this year and is thinking over what to do next. And is considering moving to Ky. And the App Harvest stuff is coming up next.

• secrick
      3:40 pm April 11, 2017 Permalink

Thanks Realme

7. Laker Cat 18
    10:34 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

If you have the passion and drive, every other tool can be coached and improvement can be made in athletics. Briscoe has both. Best of luck to him.

8. Laker Cat 18
    10:37 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

Briscoe’s voice has a hint of Mike Tyson in it.

• runningunnin.454
      10:50 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

Ha, he’s like Tyson in more ways than just his voice…..Bulldog.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:31 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

Truth.

9. J-Dub421
    10:39 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

Ha ha ha ha ha!! On playing on the road: “I just like ruining the other team’s day.” – Isaiah Briscoe.

10. Realme
    10:45 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

Derek making eye contact with Briscoe and then perfectly missing that free throw so Briscoe could get that rebound is one of my favorite moments of the season.

• J-Dub421
      10:48 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

The brotherhood is real.

11. Realme
    10:48 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

If Matt’s really never heard any player have a good interview before they get to KSR, he’s not watching locker room, preseason or This Is Ky BB interviews. He always sounds so shocked they can talk.

12. runningunnin.454
    10:50 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

This kid Porter recruiting other players to Missouri is starting to annoy me. Oh, Daddy got a job, so I’ll go there; after committing to Washington after Daddy got a job there. Enough is enough.
    I don’t care how the NCAA looks at it, it’s paying recruits.
    It’s worse than anything they’ve ever cited anybody for….except may the hooker thing.

• J-Dub421
      10:54 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

Agree completely.

13. CATandMONKEY
    10:53 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

United stock down 4%.

14. CATandMONKEY
    10:58 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

His history despite its colorful character is irrelevant. His wife is great. I felt sorry for her during the “dark times.” Have worked peripherally with both of them.

• J-Dub421
      11:24 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

Agreed, it doesn’t matter and he was treated abominably.

15. Realme
    11:07 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

It’s been some time since I really, really wanted a recruit, because generally I know Cal will put together a great team. But this Bamba stuff is killing me. He can be a megastar here.

16. Realme
    11:11 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

I get the job creation part of App Harvest, but what will they do with the end product? Sell or give to the needy?

• Sentient Third Eye
      12:22 pm April 11, 2017 Permalink

Presumably they will supply supermarkets and restaurants with produce. They are basically located at the place where four states meet within just a few miles, so it’s a great location for that business. They can supply businesses much faster and presumably cheaper (since it will have to be transported much less).

17. J-Dub421
    11:44 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

Why is this idiot defending United??? They were in the wrong. This man was a paying customer who was already seated on the plane ready to take off. They wanted to remove paying customer for their own employees. Make alternate arrangements for your employees or plan ahead better. Airlines all have reciprocal agreements with other airlines and can fly their employees for free with any airline when there are seats available. Or they could have offered more money until someone volunteered to leave. There was no reason to forcibly remove that man from the plane. None.

• Realme
      11:49 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

Everyone who defends United’s right to boot a person off of a flight are way missing the point. There were SO many better ways they could have handled it.

• runningunnin.454
      11:51 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

It looked like he was knocked out, and dragged off the plane like a terrorist.
      It was all over cable news last night; they will pay one way or the other.

• J-Dub421
      11:55 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

I just named two other ways that could easily have been handled. It took me less than a minute to think of them. If I could come up with them easily, then so could United.

I do not want to live in a corporate fascist police state where the police are used as outsourced mercenaries to protect corporate profits and interests at the expense of individuals and their rights. Which is what happened in this case.

18. Realme
    11:57 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

They should bring Ramel in a lot when Matt’s gone.

• RealCatsFan
      12:18 pm April 11, 2017 Permalink

Agree – seems like a great guy. Love to hear that he has a good heart and wants to give back to the community.