Happy Birthday, Coach Cal!

CalStealJoy

Everyone join me in wishing a big Happy Birthday to John Calipari, head coach of your University of Kentucky Wildcats.

Coach Cal turns 57 years young today and he is celebrating in New York City, according to this tweet from his “favorite child.”

Leave him a kind message below and we’ll make sure he sees them.

Article written by Drew Franklin

13 Comments for Happy Birthday, Coach Cal!

1. Undeniable
    12:12 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

Happy Birthday Coach! Thanks for taking on some distinguished gray hair for we BBN.

2. bluetide
    12:21 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

Happy Happy Birthday! Coach, you have brought me more fun and memories as a UK fan than I can ever remember…including being present to witness winning the 2012 championship…and giving me all KINDS of NBA players to root for when my last favorite one, Kobe, is retiring. You are a great guy and great to meet in person. I dunno what the future holds, but I hope you are our coach for a long, long time. You represent us so well and make me truly PROUD TO BE A WILDCAT!

3. Ken Grizzle
    1:03 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

You have been the very best ambassador, teacher and coach that The Big Blue Nation could hope for to lead our great University. Thank You and HAPPY BIRTHDAY

4. CatBlue in LR
    1:04 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

Happy birthday, Coach. Same as my mom’s. She was a proud Kentuckian who would have been 99 today.

5. Willy
    1:06 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

Happy Birthday Coach Cal, thanks for all you’ve done for UK & BBN !! Best wishes for a great birthday & a long, happy, successful life. God Bless

6. jonthes
    1:23 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

Seeing “Hamilton” no doubt.

7. Catlogic15
    2:31 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

Uh oh. Meeting with the Knicks guess.

• UK Big Board Update
      3:21 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

You wish and hope and pray he goes to the Knicks.

8. scwhite9
    2:33 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

Happy birthday, Coach Cal. Thank you for all you give to us, the fan base. And, thank you for sharing your delightful family with you. You are greatly appreciated.

9. LeitchfieldAlex
    2:37 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

Yes like everyone at BBN a Happy ’57 sir. Thanks and hope UR around here when U decide to retire, at 100. LOL

10. Basteballer
    2:55 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

Should have included Megan’s response to Erin. It was funny.

Does Cal get brownies, too?

11. mikeintn
    3:16 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

Happy birthday Cal, thanks for all the good games, looking forward to more, hope you stay here for many more birthdays.

12. 2thepoint
    3:57 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

I wish you a great birthday! Certainly proud of you for what you have done for players, your coaches and fans. You have been a perfect fit for the program. But, even more than your basketball accomplishments I am so proud how you have taken young men and molded them into special people after they leave UK. How you manage your time so you can give to others is something that comes from the heart.