Hamidou Diallo’s Personal Connection to Egypt

USA Basketball

Team USA has been playing hard, but they still got a chance to see some Egyptian sights before the tournament began. By now you should have seen the posts of Coach Calipari and Team USA on their camels in Egypt. Cameron Reddish informed us that there was no actual riding and that they, “Kind of just got on and got off quickly because we were nervous about it.”

Hamidou Diallo said for him seeing the sights was especially cool for him on a personal level.

“It’s been real cool, I mean we went to see the pyramids and that was a great experience I mean just seeing the culture and things like that.  I’m Muslim so I know the culture, so for the guys to see the culture it’s been real cool.”

Diallo said if he had more time he would explore the Muslim culture of the country more, “I would really love to go see that and to be apart of that if I could but right now I just can’t.”

Article written by Sofie Tapia

60 Comments for Hamidou Diallo’s Personal Connection to Egypt

1. BBNDan7
    9:42 pm July 2, 2017 Permalink

Incoming ignorant comments because y’all just found out he’s a Muslim.

2. bhb71
    10:14 pm July 2, 2017 Permalink

Friend: “Why do people think Kentucky is backwards and full of ignorant people?”

Me: *pulls out phone and pulls up this article and the comments*

3. Peas and Carrots
    12:11 am July 3, 2017 Permalink

Dang, ignorant people (person) in this thread. I hope Hami is enjoying his trip. It’s good for these kids to travel a bit and get some culture.

4. BBNDan7
    12:16 am July 3, 2017 Permalink

Ground control you seem really hurt.

5. BBNDan7
    12:19 am July 3, 2017 Permalink

You took 14 comments to just further prove that you’re 71 years old and haven’t left your zip code in 64 years

6. BBNDan7
    12:55 am July 3, 2017 Permalink

I can’t wait for this guy to comment all season long when Hami doesn’t address any Muslim killing in an after game interview. This is going to be more entertaining than the games

7. BBNDan7
    12:59 am July 3, 2017 Permalink

Braking news: Hami Diallo doesn’t talk about recent Muslim murder, random man in Kentucky yells at his phone and proclaims “I HAVE TWO DEGREES THO”

8. BBNDan7
    1:07 am July 3, 2017 Permalink

I said slow clap to you about having two degrees not genocide. More assumptions

9. BBNDan7
    1:08 am July 3, 2017 Permalink

LMAO there it is. He finally said “fake news”. I’m really worried about this surgery man.

10. BBNDan7
    1:14 am July 3, 2017 Permalink

If cnn is such “fake news” why did you reference it twice?

11. BBNDan7
    1:34 am July 3, 2017 Permalink

I know what reality exists. Not once did I say I supported any type of murders. What I’ve said is that just because someone is Muslim doesn’t mean they are a bad person. Just because Hami didn’t mention it doesn’t mean he doesn’t care or supports it. Not once have I tried to sound more educated than you, not once have I said anything bad about a religion, sexual preference, or situation. You’ve managed to do all of that. You’ve also managed to call me about 17 different names after you said you weren’t a name caller. You’ve made numerous assumptions ( I made one) you’ve commented about 35 times and made numerous comments that are not family friendly. You’ve insulted my family. People with you are impossible to talk to because all you can see is someone’s skin color and religion. Not the person. Have a good life man, I hope you find peace at some point.

12. UK Big Board Update
    1:36 am July 3, 2017 Permalink

Wow. GroundControl is a racist piece of shit. (Not a shocker, really)

#Cult45

• BBNDan7
      1:39 am July 3, 2017 Permalink

Welcome to the conversation civilized decent human. Glad I’m not alone now

• UK Big Board Update
      1:43 am July 3, 2017 Permalink

This narcissistic asshat has been spewing his drivel here for some time, be it sports or politics. His comments don’t come as a surprise at all.

• BBNDan7
      1:52 am July 3, 2017 Permalink

He literally defended white supremacy…

• UK Big Board Update
      1:58 am July 3, 2017 Permalink

He is who we thought he is…

• UK Big Board Update
      2:18 am July 3, 2017 Permalink

Nothing gayer than thinking about f****ing another man. But hey, you do you.

13. Dusten
    6:20 am July 3, 2017 Permalink

When I saw that there were 95 comments on this post my heart dropped. I thought BBN had it’s camo panties in a twist about one of our players being Muslim. Then I came here and saw it’s just that idiot GroundControlToNumber9 and now I feel better.

• BBNDan7
      7:25 am July 3, 2017 Permalink

It’s camo panties lol. I laughed out loud at that.

14. 4everUKblue
    7:17 am July 3, 2017 Permalink

GroundControlToNumber9 is below an idiot whatever that is. Hopefully people realize Kentuckians are not all like him. He is an embarrassment to himself but unable to see it because of his total ignorance. Two degrees does not make you wise, book smart maybe but not wise.

15. 3Goggles
    9:08 am July 3, 2017 Permalink

I am so disappointed in KSR right now. This ass hat, GroundControlToNumber9, should have been blocked HOURS ago. Get this clown out of here, he is not a representative of Christians, republicans, whites, or Kentuckians.

16. BBNDan7
    10:16 am July 3, 2017 Permalink

Just so everyone new knows, groundcontrols comments have been deleted and I wasn’t just talking to myself lol

17. bhb71
    10:40 am July 3, 2017 Permalink

Shoutout to whoever banned GroundControl. He and his “two degrees” can go be butthurt somewhere else.

• UK Big Board Update
      2:07 pm July 3, 2017 Permalink

He’s actually a very dangerous human. He’s what’s wrong with this country right now.

18. skyzoo5
    3:40 pm July 3, 2017 Permalink

When I read what Mr. Diallo had written, the first thing that came to my mind was ok I bet there is some terrible comments being said about him. I won’t rehash nor do I desire to get into what was said, but I’m glad KSR removed them! To all of you who defended Mr. Diallo, you have my thanks and gratitude.

Respectfully,