Chet White | UK Athletics

Chet White | UK Athletics

Chet White | UK Athletics

The picture you’re looking at was the first inkling we had of Hamidou Diallo’s impressive wingspan, which was measured at 6’10” last year. Well, it’s gotten even more impressive. The NBA Combine measurements just came out, and Diallo’s wingspan measured at an incredible 6’11.25″, the longest of any guard. Here are all the measurements for UK’s participating prospects:

Full name Height Height w/shoes Weight Wingspan Body Fat % Hand Length Hand Width
Bam Adebayo 6’8.75″ 6’9.75 242.6 7’2.75 5.2 9.5 8.75
Isaiah Briscoe 6’1.25 6’2.75 222.4 6’9 11 9 9.25
Hamidou Diallo 6’3.75 6’5 197.4 6’11.25 5.2 8.5 9.5
De’Aaron Fox 6’2 6’3.25 169.6 6’6.5 4.5 8.5 8.5

Here’s how those compare to their previous measurements from UK, taken at Pro Day in September:

adebayo_bam_2016-17-cmyk Bam Adebayo

Height Height w/shoes Weight Wingspan Body Fat % Hand Length Hand Width
2016 UK 6‘9.0 6‘10.0 258 7‘1.5 7.23 9 9
NBA Combine 6’8.75 6’9.75 242.6 7’2.75 5.2 9.5 8.75

briscoe_isaiah_2016-17-cmyk Isaiah Briscoe

Height Height w/shoes Weight Wingspan Body Fat % Hand Length Hand Width
2016 UK 6‘1.5 6‘2.5 216 6‘8 8.71 9.25 10
NBA Combine 6’1.25 6’2.75 222.4 6’9 11 9 9.25

Hamidou Diallo

Diallo wasn’t at UK when they had their Pro Day, so I included his measurements from the 2016 Elite 24:

Height Height w/shoes Weight Wingspan Body Fat % Hand Length Hand Width
2016 Elite 24 6.5 188 6’10”
NBA Combine 6’3.75 6’5 197.4 6’11.25 5.2 8.5 9.5

fox_deaaron_2016-17-cmyk De’Aaron Fox

Height Height w/shoes Weight Wingspan Body Fat % Hand Length Hand Width
2016 UK 6‘2.25 6‘3.25 185 6‘4.5 3.8 8 9.25
NBA Combine 6’2 6‘3.25 169.6 6’6.5 4.5 8.5 8.5

Thoughts?

20 Comments for Hamidou Diallo’s 6’11.25″ wingspan is insane and other UK NBA Combine measurements

1. GIVEN NOT EARNED
    3:51 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Looks like Briscoe chunked up this year

• J-Dub421
      4:57 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

You wish you only had 11% body fat.

• TBW3011
      5:58 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

What’s that have to do with anything? It’s not good to be in better shape before the season starts than you are at the combine. Not a good look at all. Especially when you’re in Briscoe’s position.

• GIVEN NOT EARNED
      5:26 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Absolutely

2. Get Sh*t Right
    4:06 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Fox dropped 16 pounds and gained fat? That’s impressive.

3. UKALLDAY1
    4:07 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Wow how did Fox los all that weight and somehow increase his body fat. He is missing the chef at the lodge already …… Also touching on this Hami Diallo situation, here is a guy that is in such a rush to go to the league and lose millions of dollars! What is the rational here? Does he hate school that much to where he s whiling to lose millions? People who say he will get to the big 2nd contract faster are the dumbest people in the world. So if stays and goes top 10 next he will get a contract for like 4 years in the range of 4-5 mil a year. If he stays in and goes late first then he will around 4 years at a million a year. So essentially he will make more in a year if he stays in school than he would the life of his contract if he stays in the draft. So he makes WAY more by coming back! Not to mention the EXPOSURE! Are you seeing Karl Towns portfolio? Everyone is lining up to give him money to endorse their products, a lot of that is because he was already a household name before entering the NBA draft. Someone talk some senses into Hami PLEASE.

• kenny
      8:27 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

When I was 18, if someone offered me 4 million now, or I can wait and possibly (not guaranteed) make more later I don’t see how that stupid to at least think about. My family is a middle class family and it would be a tough decision, imagine if his family is poor. He could very well make more money if he stayed, but there is also a possibility that he plays like Skal, or gets hurt. Anyone with his best interest would have him test the waters and possibly go. Selfishly, I’d like to have him back, but I don’t know his families situation, 4 million dollars is life changing money.

4. christopherharrison26
    4:14 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

NOT interested in Diallo at all – quit wasting my time with info on him unless he decides he really wants to be a KY player – not just a KY user.

• BBNDan7
      5:18 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Then DONT read the posts
      Also: nobody cares

• TBW3011
      6:00 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

I understand the frustration if he leaves. It’s misplaced though. He isn’t doing anything wrong and took advantage of what was offered to him. If you want to be angry it should be directed at Cal and company for being in board with it. It isn’t the kids fault.

• jim tom
      7:18 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Me neither screw this. Guess I’m too old for this era. Give me the 70’s to the 90’s

• catsarerunnin
      8:29 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Feel free to go back tom jim…

5. nicky
    4:34 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Bam with the fat drop

6. Ukgrad2006
    4:40 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Diallo gone

7. runtsfan
    4:44 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

I guess Enes and Diallo tell us that the Ky (well, actually Cal) factor works. Just get associated with UK (I mean Cal) and you get drafted. Will it work if a high school kid just says that “if I were going to college, I’d go to KY (I mean Cal U) ?

8. runtsfan
    4:46 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Just thought. Maybe we should rename the team UKal.

9. ukcamel
    5:27 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

I’m guessing the method used for body fat percentage was different at UK pro day because Fox dropping that much weight and somehow gaining body fat is a little unbelievable. My guess is the combine is more accurate.

Also anyone commenting on Briscoe’s body fat, for a normal person he would rate as underweight at 11%. A normal healthy person is supposed to have 12-18% body fat.

10. UkfanMatt
    5:33 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Wonder if there is something wrong with the tape at UK or the tape at the combine? Every player is 1/4 or so shorter than they were at the beginning of the season

11. BUCats
    6:01 pm May 11, 2017 Permalink

Not surprising the differences on body fat percentages. The number can vary wildly depending on the method and device used. Best to use the same device to compare direction.