Hamidou Diallo and PJ Washington make Calipari’s U19 National Team

Congratulations to Hamidou Diallo and PJ Washington, who were just named to the USA Basketball U19 National Team, which will compete in the FIBA World Cup in Cairo, Egypt next month. Diallo and Washington were two of the 12 players selected by head coach John Calipari and his staff. The full roster is below:

• Hamidou Diallo, Kentucky
  • PJ Washington, Kentucky
  • Immanuel Quickley
  • Cameron Reddish
  • Romeo Langford
  • Brandon McCoy, UNLV
  • Josh Okogie, Georgia Tech
  • Payton Pritchard, Oregon
  • Austin Wiley, Auburn
  • Carsen Edwards, Purdue
  • Kevin Huerter, Maryland
  • Louis King

The only UK target not to make the final team is 7’3″ Bol Bol. As we reported earlier, Kentucky freshman Kevin Knox had to withdraw from the team due to a tweaked hamstring.

The FIBA World Cup is July 1-9 in Cairo, Egypt. Check out some sights and sounds from training camp courtesy of USA Basketball below:

12 Comments for Hamidou Diallo and PJ Washington make Calipari’s U19 National Team

1. jrdh13
    11:22 am June 22, 2017 Permalink

HOW IN THE WORLD DID BOL BOL NOT MAKE IT, HOPE THAT DOES NOT HURT US IN HIS RECRUITING.

• BBNDan7
      11:46 am June 22, 2017 Permalink

It’s not just Cals decision, but a committee. So I doubt it will hurt Kentucky at all

2. BBNDan7
    11:31 am June 22, 2017 Permalink

How tf did Bol not make it?

3. Underdog
    11:54 am June 22, 2017 Permalink

Perhaps Bol isn’t as great as the hype. He doesn’t look great to me, but he’s got time. He’s just tall, but not really skilled, and a bit slow. I’d say he’s more on the raw side. Nick Richards looks far less raw than Bol. I’d pick Nick over Bol. But Bol is young. I like him. You can’t teach big, as they say.

• za
      12:40 pm June 22, 2017 Permalink

I dont know if I’d say he’s unskilled. His main problem was he was out of shape

4. scc58
    12:04 pm June 22, 2017 Permalink

Another team that doesn’t want Bolden playing for them hahaha

5. HeshimuMeansWarrior
    12:13 pm June 22, 2017 Permalink

Cal said Bol was gassed the first day of practice which leads me to believe other guys were way ahead of him in terms of being game-ready. It doesn’t mean he isn’t a good player, just not where he needs to be for a tournament starting next week.

6. binarysolo
    12:25 pm June 22, 2017 Permalink

If Austin Wiley transfers to UK we can pinpoint to the exact moment the wheels were set in motion.

• babydangy
      4:30 pm June 22, 2017 Permalink

Wiley isn’t transferring from Auburn you moron.

7. jrdh13
    1:49 pm June 22, 2017 Permalink

bol bol is 7’3 hitting 3s as well as threw a nice pass to PJ kid is way farther along than nick richards is. just has to fill out his long lanky body

• TBW3011
      7:01 pm June 22, 2017 Permalink

He can shoot 3’s and you saw a clip of one pass. Cool story. He’s not farther along than Richards. His mobility and fitness are not good at all at the moment and he has literally ZERO post game.