Hagans and Quickley help Kentucky defeat Georgia Tech 67-53

It wasn’t always pretty, but the Kentucky Wildcats found a way to push ahead and pull off a 67-53 victory over the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets on Saturday evening.

Ashton Hagans led the way with 21 points (8-10 shooting, 2-3 from three), seven rebounds, and two steals in 35 minutes.

Immanuel Quickley wasn’t far behind with 16 points (6-12 shooting, 2-6 from three), three rebounds, two assists, and two steals in 36 minutes of action.

Nick Richards posted yet another double-digit performance, finishing the day with 12 points (5-6 shooting), four rebounds, four blocks, and a steal in 33 minutes.

Keion Brooks Jr. followed up his career-high 15 points against Fairleigh Dickinson with a ten-point, four rebound performance against Georgia Tech.

Here was the entire box score:

Kentucky now moves to 8-1 on the year with a pair of games against Utah and Ohio State set for next week in Las Vegas.

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

12 Comments for Hagans and Quickley help Kentucky defeat Georgia Tech 67-53

1. nocode96
    7:21 pm December 14, 2019 Permalink

Tough, gritty win. Great defense all around.

Jack, you’re the only one who reads responses on their articles. You gotta get the word out to Matt or Drew or whoever that your latest site design is going to ruin KSR. Haven’t you guys noticed the comment sections have been all but dried up? A ton of us can’t login or reply on the app. We have to do what I’m doing here and go to the actual website and scroll down past ads just to reply. It’s a mess and and I know I’m not the only one who has cut way back on my KSR visits, it’s too clunky and impossible to interact. Please let them know so that maybe something can be done. Right now it’s just flat out awful.

• CATandMONKEY
      7:33 pm December 14, 2019 Permalink

Absolutely.
      Matt and the show crew have ignored the show thread comments for at least 4years.
      Used to be a vibrant part of the on-air discussion.

Go Hagans.
      Go Junior Nick Richards!

• Dark Soul
      8:47 pm December 14, 2019 Permalink

It was doing it to me and I logged out and logged back on and it worked

• CrystalBall
      10:48 pm December 14, 2019 Permalink

nocode96. Email [email protected]. Give them the info. They are great to work with.

• CrystalBall
      10:55 pm December 14, 2019 Permalink

BTW. Pimwick is the developer of the KSR App.

• Bluehender
      11:31 am December 15, 2019 Permalink

NC96, thanks for bringing that to Jack’s attention. I hope someone can get it fixed. I’m on my tablet at home now, but I cannot comment on my iPhone, which is where I read KSR 99% of the time. And I tried Dark Soul’s recommendation. It didn’t work..someone please get this fixed..

• 4everUKBlue
      12:43 pm December 15, 2019 Permalink

Nocode hit the nail on the head. KSR has gone to sh!t with this new website.

2. Aar
    7:47 pm December 14, 2019 Permalink

If the Ramblin’ Wreck could shoot, this woulda been a much closer game. I know good defense forces misses at the college level but they missed quite a few clean looks as expected from pregame analysts.

Agreed that Maxey is showing improvement, especially on the defensive end. I really like how this team broke Ga Tech’s zone. Much credit to Hagans but somebody has to pass him the ball. Lotsa hockey assists in this one and I like that. It’s good Kentucky Basketball.

I give the bigs a B- for getting in position to receive the assists. Richards and Brooks each probably earned Bs in that regard today. Our bigs had their hands full today and it wasn’t Richards that origami-ed. He coulda been better but he can gain confidence from this one.

3. sp
    7:58 pm December 14, 2019 Permalink

We are in for a rude awakening when we play a decent team. I watched a lot of basketball today and I’m not sure this team can beat anyone in the top 15. Maybe we are just playing down to this crap competition we have played for 6 weeks now but we don’t look on par with these other guys. And the other ranked teams arent squeak out wins vs crap teams. They are winning by 40.

4. dave1964
    8:15 pm December 14, 2019 Permalink

EJ stunk up the court again, Richards has stepped up his game have to give him credit. FT shooting is winning games guards have to reduce turnovers… nice win but much improvement needed.

5. Dark Soul
    8:48 pm December 14, 2019 Permalink

I thought the refs where horrible today. We usually get a majority of the calls at Rupp but they where rewarding Tech for flopping over and over

6. catdaddyd
    6:07 pm December 15, 2019 Permalink

Jay Bilas has gotten horrible on calling the games. Unlistenable!!! I actually think he hates the game now.