Greg Anthony Becomes the New #1 College Basketball Analyst

anthony

CBS is making a change and probably for the better. The network is moving Greg Anthony to the role of #1 college basketball game analyst to pair with Jim Nantz. They will then move Clark “I wear elastic waistband suit pants” Kellogg” back into the studio for its most important game coverage.

I am a big fan of Anthony and like the change. He will add to the broadcasts. Now if we could just do something about Nantz. Hello Friends.

Article written by Matt Jones

20 Comments for Greg Anthony Becomes the New #1 College Basketball Analyst

1. Rodney
    1:18 pm September 16, 2013 Permalink

Mussburger is the worst, Folks. I won’t watch a game if he calls it,

2. wetmeal
    1:24 pm September 16, 2013 Permalink

No, if they could just do something with Doug Gottlieb…the nation longs for the day that dumbass is off our television sets

3. Linda Taylor
    1:24 pm September 16, 2013 Permalink

1 – The solution is to listen to the radio and mute the tv. If you don’t live in the listening area you can hear Tom Leach’s call of the games on the live feed on the UKathletics.com site.

4. Axe Cop
    1:27 pm September 16, 2013 Permalink

Excellent, no more nonsense like “squeeze the pumpkin.”

5. ukfan
    1:57 pm September 16, 2013 Permalink

I personally enjoyed listening to Clark Kellogg, ah well.

6. Bill Da'Ville
    2:05 pm September 16, 2013 Permalink

I would rather listen to Clark Kellogg than Ryan Lemond, that dude sucks.

7. tom
    2:06 pm September 16, 2013 Permalink

Meet Kellogg once. Forget whether you like or dislike his broadcast style…he was one of the kindest people I’ve met to those around him.

8. The Loco Pollo
    2:29 pm September 16, 2013 Permalink

Bring back Gus Johnson or it doesn’t matter.

Matt, are you sure he wasn’t wearing suit pants with side tabs? You’re not exactly the authority on dress clothes so I wouldn’t expect you to know that’s what people with a legit tailor and bespoke suits do. It’s kinda an understated rich person move like “I spent too much money on this suit and it fits me too nicely to cover that up with a belt.”

9. wildcat whisperer
    2:31 pm September 16, 2013 Permalink

I much prefer Anthony, but have to say that I will miss spurtability.

10. OffTheWall11
    2:42 pm September 16, 2013 Permalink

I like Kellogg. It’s amazing to me that anyone could complain about a CBS analyst after suffering through year after year of Billy Packer. Not sure what his issue with Jim Nantz is either. Maybe Nantz isn’t obnoxious enough for some people.

11. Ihateanthony
    3:14 pm September 16, 2013 Permalink

Why does CBS think people like Anthony. He was a prick at UNLV and continues to grow in that role now.

12. Billy "Fudge" Packer
    3:23 pm September 16, 2013 Permalink

I’m glad Clark Kellogg is gone. Jim Nantz must go.

13. exiledfan
    4:20 pm September 16, 2013 Permalink

Good move!!!!

14. Lee
    4:25 pm September 16, 2013 Permalink

I like Franklin, BTI, Tucker, English, Johnson, and even Totten. Now if we could just get rid of Matt Jones.

15. rick
    4:44 pm September 16, 2013 Permalink

Clark was very good, better than Anthony.

16. Do whut?
    5:14 pm September 16, 2013 Permalink

Jones, Nantz is horrendous but am I supposed to take someone who loves Gus Johnson seriously when it comes to quality basketball announcing? Give me a break. Guy is all gimmick. “Let’s see if I can yell louder than last time to create melodrama and distract everyone from the fact that I’m just not that talented!!!” If basketball makes you climax on the air you probably shouldn’t be in front of the cameras.

17. Georgetown Luke
    5:53 pm September 16, 2013 Permalink

Personally enjoyed Kellogg. Very knowledgeable, good on air personality, and seems like a genuinely good guy.

18. Delk for 3
    6:17 pm September 16, 2013 Permalink

I like Clark Kellogg. Clark knows basketball and there is no doubt about it. Personally, I do not think Greg Anthony is anything special when it comes to providing interesting color commentary. He is kind of boring and does not lighten the mood while calling a game. Clark certainly provided a mood-lifting aspect to his commentary.

Also, I would think twice about your criticism of Jim Nantz. Knowing that you have done some work at the US Open in tennis (which is affiliated with CBS Sports), I would try to keep the avenue open to do some work with CBS Sports and their coverage of the Masters and the PGA Championship. Nantz would be your guy to hook you up with something like that. Nantz is so entrenched in CBS Sports and could provide a young guy like Matt some help with the massive amount of connections he has. In addition, Jim Nantz has been the voice of the NCAA Tournament for what seems like forever. It would be just sad to not have him around.

19. L's Up
    8:19 pm September 16, 2013 Permalink

How bout a Packer – Knight Combo for the Final 4 with Dougie Gottlieb reporting from the urinals and bathroom stalls?

20. j jones
    2:51 am September 17, 2013 Permalink

I like kellogg. Anthony is just obnoxious as hell and annoying. Guess I will watch the espn games from now on.