Get to know Dontaie Allen in ‘Meet The Wildcats’

“Meet The Wildcats” continues for another Monday with a closer look at Dontaie Allen, the freshmen out of Pendleton County. Kentucky’s 2019 Mr. Basketball grew up bleeding blue and his hoop dream came true when he committed to Kentucky in August of last year.

Get to know him a little bit more in his turn at “Meet The Wildcats”:

Article written by Drew Franklin

7 Comments for Get to know Dontaie Allen in ‘Meet The Wildcats’

1. beauleonard
    11:08 am August 12, 2019 Permalink

I have tons of love for the home grown young men who put on the Blue & White! Get it DA! Pulling for you buddy!

2. nocode96
    11:31 am August 12, 2019 Permalink

Another good one. I am far from one of the folks that thinks we should sign every Kentucky kid that can hit a layup, but it is pretty awesome when we get one that’s good enough to play for us. Also, no matter how many times I see that Kentucky Effect mural, I still get chills. That’s a great flex to have.

3. UKBigBlueForever
    1:22 pm August 12, 2019 Permalink

I have a feeling this guy is going to be great…probably best in-state talent we’ve had since Darius Miller

4. UKFanSC
    2:41 pm August 12, 2019 Permalink

Love this kid. Mark my words, he will play and contribute this year. Best shooter on the team who can score in a variety of ways. Will need to get stronger and improve defense, but can score on anyone.

5. BobbyBlue
    5:06 pm August 12, 2019 Permalink

Hope he is healed enough to play some this season.

6. WildcatCam
    10:50 pm August 12, 2019 Permalink

Listen, if he can hoop like his pops? Watch out folks…his dad didn’t have near the height he does. But he put on a show at North Hardin for Ron Bevars back in the 90’s! Leading 3 point scorer in school history, I believe!

7. mashman 93
    6:45 pm August 13, 2019 Permalink

I hope this kid is good enough because he is one of ours. A Kentucky boy. GO BIG BLUE!!!!