Get a sneak peek at UK’s first practices

The official Twitter account of the Kentucky basketball program shared a video from the Cats’ first couple days of practice this week. The team practiced for the first time on Wednesday and it left John Calipari saying, “Wow.”

“This team today, it’s the beginning of learning how to practice,” Calipari said Wednesday. “And I’ll tell ya what — I’m feeling good. We’ve got a long way to go, but you’ve got an unbelievable group who is receptive, who will compete. We shoot the ball better than we have in awhile, where we’ve got a lot of different weapons to come at you, and still have some size and some strength. For our first practice, wow, really good.”

Get a glimpse at some of the action:

We want Duke.

Article written by Drew Franklin

7 Comments for Get a sneak peek at UK’s first practices

1. jared__
    8:17 pm June 29, 2018 Permalink

I really wish we could get more videos of practice. I would love to see cal coaching these kids.

2. TreyTingle
    8:47 pm June 29, 2018 Permalink

^^^Same!

3. wyatts1
    8:58 pm June 29, 2018 Permalink

With so much talent, it’s gonna be hard to not play platoon ball. Granted everyone must be playing at that certain level, but honestly idk who coach would sit and how it would be justified lol. We’re truly loaded with talent and can see something special with every single player. To say I’m excited is a understatement.

4. Robkycats54
    12:30 am June 30, 2018 Permalink

I agree with you it’s so many talented giys on this roster, keldon johnson I see Demar Derozan in his game hopefully his midrange is similar & baker reminds me of Devin Booker type not as much hype going into the season but by the end he will make big shots & be able to do a lot of unknown things besides shooting….. trust me I believe he starts this season at SG, And Quickly has alot of Mike Conley in him slick transition, makes the right pass & will play tough defense might lead the team in steals cant wait until the Bahamas trip #BBN

5. KYjellyRoll
    1:33 am June 30, 2018 Permalink

U.K. Got one of the most competitive rosters in the nation…

6. Dusten
    9:19 am June 30, 2018 Permalink

Anybody see Travis in that video at all?

7. Kojohnson
    10:23 am June 30, 2018 Permalink

Quickley has great athleticism. I really think he will be the surprise player this year. Dont sleep on Baker either.