Georgia Celebrated Too Early

247

247

Tom Crean’s team conveniently forgot about the second half.

The Georgia Bulldogs were pretty excited after 20 minutes of basketball action. They went on a quick 8-0 run in the final two minutes of the half to momentarily take a nine-point lead. An Ashton Hagans three as time expired cut that lead to six, but it did not stop Anthony Edwards and Co. from firing up the crowd as they made their way to the halftime locker room.

Can you blame them? No. After all, they’ve lost 13 straight games to Kentucky. A six-point halftime lead should be celebrated. I’m just shocked Crean didn’t try cutting down the nets.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

8 Comments for Georgia Celebrated Too Early

1. 4everUKBlue
    11:49 pm January 7, 2020 Permalink

I was wondering if he might give them all rings for winning he first half.

2. ClutchCargo
    11:52 pm January 7, 2020 Permalink

Chew on that, Dawgs! lol

3. a21CATSfan
    12:00 am January 8, 2020 Permalink

I’m sure we’ll see some “Up 6 on UK at the Half” t-shirts pretty soon. CATS

4. Shagaris Sock Puppet
    12:03 am January 8, 2020 Permalink

This team can become elite come March. If Nate could guard just a little bit better, I think he could take a larger role. He does so many veteran things while he’s on the court on offense. Shot fakes, he talks, makes good passed and he hustles and puts shots off misses back in.

EJ showed some flashes but still is to soft and plays small around the rim. He always makes his way to the perimeter and wants to shoot, but I think this limits his ability to get comfortable in the offense. His shot just isn’t falling. He’s got to bang inside and start to want to fight more and that’s where he starts to find some consistency. He made some nice passes and snagged some big boards though.

5. The Big Lebowski
    1:27 am January 8, 2020 Permalink

What is it with Crean and celebrations of almost accomplishments???

6. dan1965
    8:01 am January 8, 2020 Permalink

I can see it now,( Halftime National Champions) lol
    I could see Georgia getting to cocky,thought they already had it won !
    Guess they have a new word to learn “Finish”
    Guess they also need to learn the name across your chest,Kentucky means something, you play with heart,like Cal says,you fight.
    Side note,E.J is playing hard,I give him that, but he really has alit of improvement to do before ever thinking about the nba. He really has to continue to work on his shot, his jumper puts fear in my heart,and not in a good way, I truly fear every time he takes it ! I’m not trying to be mean either,I really like E.J, he just needs to keep working and just stop thinking about the nba right now,just work,play hard,and have fun.
    Also if Brooks and Whitney come along,this team can be really,really good !!

• CrystalBall
      11:30 am January 8, 2020 Permalink

Dan1965. I get the impression, from watching EJ, that he realizes he just might not be good enough for the NBA and has given up
      Agree with you about Brooks and Whitney. Think they will become very good before tourney time.

7. loservilletard
    10:14 am January 8, 2020 Permalink

I was starting to get worried about how UK was playing until they showed the Georgia coach, then I remembered why we would win.