George Clooney: “I’m a huge Kentucky fan”

In an interview with A.C. Slater for Extra, George Clooney admitted his new wife struggles with his obsession with sports. Slater asked Clooney what the couple watches around the home and Clooney told him he has to watch his sports, but it can be too much for the wifey.

“I watch sports, and it kills her because I got her into March Madness a little,” he told Extra. “I’m a huge Kentucky fan, so I’m watching cause I think we’re gonna win it, so she knows about the Harrison twins, she got into that, but it was enough.”

Unlike Ashley Judd and Josh Hopkins and other UK fans in Hollywood, Clooney very rarely mentions the Cats, so it’s good to hear him speak up about his membership to Big Blue Nation.

Video here.

Article written by Drew Franklin

8 Comments for George Clooney: “I’m a huge Kentucky fan”

1. Biglaw Dawgin'
    10:48 am May 8, 2015 Permalink

I knew he was from Kentucky, but I’d never heard he was a Cats fan. I knew I liked that dude.

• Biglaw Dawgin'
      10:50 am May 8, 2015 Permalink

“In an interview with A.C. Slater….” Haha, just caught that.

2. jonthes
    11:48 am May 8, 2015 Permalink

Clooney went to UK – briefly. His dad was the 27 news anchor when I was a child, so he grew up in Lexington.
    He couldn’t have counter-bribed the FF refs so it was an even-handed call?

• 25OR624
      5:52 pm May 8, 2015 Permalink

Could have sworn in a court of law it was Northern Kentucky University that he briefly attended before heading to (not Louisville Area) LA.

3. Debbe May
    12:24 pm May 8, 2015 Permalink

He was born in Lexington and he grew up in Augusta on the river, 20 minutes from Maysville. I live just outside of Augusta and see his parents frequently. Why would he be anything else but a Kentucky fan? A lot of people don’t know that he is a Kentucky boy through and through.

4. Debbe May
    12:26 pm May 8, 2015 Permalink

He moved to Augusta when he was a child. His dad then moved to WKRC in Cincinnati and took that news to number one. Then his dad worked in LA for a few years. George’s parents are still in Augusta and George owns property on the river here.

5. marcmaggard
    3:18 pm May 8, 2015 Permalink

not a big deal, but he doesn’t say “I’m a huge Kentucky fan” , He says” I’m a UK guy”… Drew what you smokin today

• FakeLarryDavid
      7:15 pm May 8, 2015 Permalink

You’re right, but in the article it say “huge Kentucky Fan”. Regardless we need to get Clooney to a Cats game or at least a practice!