Fuller House’s Friday News and Views

For people of a certain age (30-40?), “Full House” was as part of childhood as Trapper Keepers, Pogs, and Squeez-Its. In our house, Friday night meant pizza and the whole TGIF lineup: “Full House,” “Family Matters,” “Step-by-Step,” and the under-appreciated “Dinosaurs.” “Full House” was the highlight of the night, even if it was cheesy as hell and we all hated Danny’s sappy speeches at the end of each episode. I really do believe “Full House” is ingrained into the subconscious of most 80’s/90’s kids, to the point that if a rerun comes on and there’s nothing on TV at all, well, okay, fine, it’ll just be there, in the background, a soundtrack to your childhood.

That’s why I’m so excited about the premiere of “Fuller House.” The first episode, “Our Very First Show, Again” dropped on Netflix today, and even if it’s terrible, I’m watching. Why? Because the original “Full House” was actually terrible, a sad realization I came to during college. “How did I watch this?!” I mused over my Easy Mac. “This is not funny at all. Oh God, I actually hate Uncle Joey. Cut it out! No, really, cut it out!”

Regardless, in an age of 90’s nostalgia, I can’t help but tune in. Especially after listening to the new theme song by Carley Rae Jepsen:

Like I said, terrible, but I’m hooked. Let’s hurry this up so I can watch the first episode over breakfast.

John Calipari and players will preview Vandy

The team is getting ready to head down to Nashville, but first, John Calipari and a few players will talk to the media. Will Derek Willis be able to play tomorrow? I’d be shocked, but you never know. Hopefully we’ll get an injury update. Check the site around 1 p.m. for a live stream and a little later for a recap.

Duke’s Grayson Allen tripped another player last night

That’s the second time Allen has tripped a player in a month. Seriously, what a punk.

The NFL Combine starts today

Josh Forrest and AJ Stamps are in Indianapolis this weekend for the NFL Combine. Today, they’ll go through measurements and media rounds before the bench press and on-field workouts on Saturday and Sunday. Last year, Bud Dupree and Za’Darius Smith’s huge performances in the Combine help elevate their draft stock, Bud into the first round. Will Forrest and Stamps see similar results? You can watch for yourself on either the NFL Network or NFL.com. I’ll pass along any major updates.

Speaking of Cats in the NFL…

It looks like Avery Williamson is enjoying the offseason

This is what happens when you have too much time in the offseason lol. #TheOriginalBatMobile #TopFlightSecurity

A photo posted by Avery Williamson (@awilliamson54) on

Holy old school photo op, Batman!

DanceBlue is tomorrow

UK’s annual 24-hour dance marathon to combat pediatric cancer starts tomorrow at 2 p.m. at Memorial Coliseum. DanceBlue is the largest philanthropy event on campus, with 70% of contributions devoted to direct care. It’s truly a sight to behold, so head on over to Memorial tomorrow to check it out.

If you’d like to donate to their cause, click here.

Good news: Morgan Freeman is finally a Waze voice

I rarely drive anywhere without using Waze for navigation, and over the years, there have been some great Waze navigation voices: Elvis, Stephen Colbert, Kevin Hart, Neil Patrick Harris, etc. But the latest trumps them all: Morgan Freeman. Will it be as good as this parody commercial someone made a few years ago?

I hope so. Even if I know Waze is messing up, I will literally go wherever Morgan Freeman tells me to.

KSR is at the McDonald’s in Russell Springs

If you’re in the area, come on out to 251 South Highway 127 to enjoy and register to win some tickets. Sounds like the perfect way to start the weekend if you ask me.

25 Comments for Fuller House’s Friday News and Views

1. Skeller03
    9:43 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Didn’t see the duke game last night.. Were either of those trips by Allen called?

• Mathlete
      9:45 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

What trips? All I saw were FSU players running over Allen’s feet. – last night’s refs

• Booby Petrino
      10:21 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

I didn’t see the game last night but the one on the bottom against Louisville was called flagrant.

• BTownUKFan
      12:16 pm February 26, 2016 Permalink

Tony Greene saw the trip but did not call anything. However, Pat Adams called another “T” on Kentucky.

2. Mathlete
    9:46 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Dinosaurs was severely underrated at the time, but holy hell was the ending of the finale depressing.

3. reedieboy
    9:53 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Allen is Duke all the way. He is what a Duke player should be. A little punk

4. Bluebloodtoo
    9:53 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Grayson Allen – That stuff makes me so mad. I call that bullying and I hate it. It’s a good thing that I’m not involved in that program because I’d probably overreact and do something similar to him.

5. runningunnin.454
    9:55 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Preppie Allen was popped in the mouth by a Louisville player last week. A referee should be the least of his concerns; one of these days, somebody is going to hurt him…..seriously.

6. BluKudzu
    10:05 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

So another Punk and Dirty player from Duke? Here is my shocked face :- No news here. Everybody points to Duke to show the rest of college basketball how it is done, while historically they have been the dirtiest program on, and many would argue, off the court.
    No news here. NCAA going to review this? If they do anything to Duke, that will be the newsworthy. Not another example of dirty players getting by for favoritism calls or non calls.

7. J-Dub421
    10:20 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Grayson Allen is the living embodiment of a Dukie, an overrated, dirty, little punk, whiner.

8. nybrasky
    10:24 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Too many people don’t remember that my man Balky from Mepos was in the original TGIF lineup for a few years before Step by Step came in.

9. W.C.
    10:31 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Matt, you are good at coining nicknames. How about “Tripper” Allen for the Duke dirty guy?

10. eRUPPtion78
    10:35 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Ugh, the reviews on “Fuller House” are utterly depressing. I don’t know how you’ll be able to watch the reboot and enjoy it at all.

11. somerset bill
    10:42 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

it is almost too perfect how the latest grayson allen trip video has that “Coach K Court” big and bold in the background. the fact that he is doing this again shows that the coach didn’t really work too hard to impress on him that dirty tricks ain’t cool, won’t be tolerated, not how we play, and all that. and now this video of a college player intentionally tripping another will have his name attached to it for all eternity.

12. Booby Petrino
    11:07 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

That trip Allen did last night was amazing. Truly amazing. Almost has amazing as the one against Louisville. Grayson Allen is amazing at tripping people.

13. Tom Blevins
    11:33 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

Of course the referees will let him get by with it, because he plays for Duke. W.C., I do like your nickname of Tripper for him. I hope it catches on.

14. Suffering Fools
    11:52 am February 26, 2016 Permalink

De University. They’re not worthy of the “uk.”

15. mikep
    12:38 pm February 26, 2016 Permalink

Duke punk. He’s nothing but a living bobble head. His head flings back on every drive like someone just fouled the $hit out of him. He should get a technical foul called against him in every game for his flopping and tripping. Someone will knock a couple of his teeth out this year…I hope

16. lexslamman
    12:54 pm February 26, 2016 Permalink

I would cross the street to knock Grayson Allen’s teeth out. Hell, I might buy a plane ticket for a chance to punch him in the face a few times.

17. Not Dan Issel
    2:04 pm February 26, 2016 Permalink

Grayson Allen plays the same way Coach K did as a player for Bobby Knight at West Point. I watched him play in 1967 (I think) in the UKIT. Army played UK, and I remember thinking that K was the dirtiest player I had ever seen.

18. bluecrowe
    8:55 pm February 26, 2016 Permalink

The media and NCAA are responsible for Duke being characterized as “doing it the right way”, though there is absolutely no evidence this is in any way true. Rather it is simply their role to play. I cannot wait until they find something on Coach K and/or the program.