Former Players under Cal have made $1.2 billion

@chuckgeveden

@chuckgeveden

@chuckgeveden

This was an interesting graphic that was displayed during yesterday’s win over Auburn. In Calipari’s career, his players have made $1.2 billion. His current Kentucky players on NBA rosters are making $172 million combined just this season. As the graphic mentions, his $1.2 billion combined is worth more than the Cleveland Cavaliers franchise. ESPN continues to give the Cats more recruiting tools to use. We are looking at you Mo Bamba.

Article written by Sam Gormley

Follow me on Twitter @GormleyKSR; "The Whitest Man in the World"-JRock

11 Comments for Former Players under Cal have made $1.2 billion

1. scwhite9
    11:57 am January 15, 2017 Permalink

I am glad for the information, but for the life of me I don’t understand why ESPN has to cover the entire screen with the graphic. Put it in the corner. You can hear the basketball game in the background while they have covered so that you can’t see it.

Plus, I am glad UConn set a new record. It could be celebrated on Sports Center at any time. I think they broke away for about 4 minutes of the UK game to show UConn end the game by beating a school by 40+ points and everyone cheering. I wanted to watch the UK game.

• runningunnin.454
      1:23 pm January 15, 2017 Permalink

Amen to the UConn thing; breaking away from a game scheduled to be broadcast to cover the end of a 40 pt game was not appreciated.
      Understand the significance of that game; but if anyone outside of Connecticut cared about it, it would have been broadcast in its entirety on another ESPN channel.

2. BBB
    2:15 pm January 15, 2017 Permalink

And all we got is 1 national championship. Is anybody’s goal winning it all?

• Angelo
      2:34 pm January 15, 2017 Permalink

I want Cal to get more than Coach K. What is it 5?

• WeareBBN
      4:38 pm January 15, 2017 Permalink

And that says all players so I am guessing that also means Memphis and UMass….all that talent and 1 title. Of course the players to the NBA is what is important to Cal, he openly admits that.

• UK Big Board Update
      10:48 pm January 15, 2017 Permalink

Spoken like true Louisville fans. (Keep up the charade though — I’m sure not a single person notices 😉 )

3. Luether
    5:26 pm January 15, 2017 Permalink

All about the money? What about Ky Championships?? Misplaced priorities???

• catsarerunnin
      8:19 pm January 15, 2017 Permalink

Yeah I’m tired of Final Four appearances! Let’s start putting “Fire Cal!” signs in his yard! Pronto!!!

• Wakecrash
      10:04 pm January 15, 2017 Permalink

LOL Hmm, couple mil per year vs a banner, I guess you would take a banner,,, right. Is college about preparing for professional career, by the metrics it looks successful.

4. Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert
    8:28 pm January 15, 2017 Permalink

And only 1 title. Showing the success of all these NBA players on a daily basis actually shows that we should have more than 1 title. Pretty pathetic actually.

• UK Big Board Update
      10:50 pm January 15, 2017 Permalink

LOL. IP addy shows Louisville metro area. LOL

Please, continue with your bigotry and your trolling comments.