Five nonconference games added to 2019-20 Kentucky basketball schedule

Outside of the Big 12/SEC Challenge game, the Kentucky men’s basketball 2019-20 nonconference schedule was completed this morning.

Five additional games have been announced, highlighted by a new multi-team event, the BBN Showcase, along with the finalization of a two-year deal with Georgia Tech.

Kentucky will host four games in the BBN Showcase, starting with Utah Valley on Nov. 18. Mount St. Mary’s will come to town Nov. 22, Lamar on Nov. 24, and UAB on Nov. 29. All four games will be played at Rupp Arena.

Georgia Tech will also visit Rupp Arena on Dec. 14. UK will return to the trip and play the Yellow Jackets Nov. 27, 2020 at State Farm Arena in the Holiday Hoopsgiving.

Kentucky’s matchup with Georgia Tech will mark the first meeting since the Yellow Jackets defeated the Wildcats 86-84 on December 9, 2000 in Atlanta. UK leads the all-time series with Georgia Tech, leading 56-15 overall and 30-4 in Lexington.

The Yellow Jackets are led by John Calipari’s former Memphis assistant, Josh Pastner, and return their top three scorers from last season.

The five newest additions join UK’s 2019-20 nonconference slate featuring a matchup vs. Michigan State on Nov. 5 in the State Farm Champions Classic in New York, a two-game trip in Las Vegas with games against Utah (Dec. 18) and Ohio State (Dec. 21 as a part of the CBS Sports Classic), and the annual rivalry vs. Louisville on Dec. 28 in Rupp Arena.

Additionally, UK will travel to a to-be-determined Big 12 opponent in the Big 12/SEC Challenge on Jan. 25.

Kentucky’s other previously announced nonconference opponents include Eastern Kentucky (Nov. 8), Evansville (Nov. 12) and Fairleigh Dickinson (Dec. 7). All three of those games will be in Rupp Arena.

What do you guys think?

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

18 Comments for Five nonconference games added to 2019-20 Kentucky basketball schedule

1. DelrayCat
    11:23 am July 23, 2019 Permalink

Love that Ga Tech game! Of course it is because Cal’s former asst is there, Josh Pastner. But having the return game in the ATL Hawks arena is great for cat fans…it is almost like 2 home games..lol.

2. Kernel Sanders
    11:35 am July 23, 2019 Permalink

What do I think? I think after having season tickets for as long as I can remember, this schedule affirms to me that after all these years, giving them up was smart, even if it’s several years too late.

• terwilliger
      12:07 pm July 23, 2019 Permalink

Gave mine up too. I had uppers and even though my section is getting converted to chairbacks, it wasn’t even close to worth it anymore.

• Kernel Sanders
      12:15 pm July 23, 2019 Permalink

Agreed. My dad got season tix when Rupp opened. He passed them on to me about 25 years ago. I had upper level tix too, but they did not require a K fund donation. So after 40 years or so of the same seats, I was rewarded with being moved up about 10 rows. These were the best option in the seat selection process. Thanks for rewarding long time ticketholders.

• DelrayCat
      12:16 pm July 23, 2019 Permalink

I gave my uppers up too. They were great seats, mid-court and only 8 rows up. But they were those stadium seats and on both sides, the regulars were pushing 300 pounds. That left about 18 inches for 2 of us to sit.

3. Catcasey1
    11:44 am July 23, 2019 Permalink

Home schedule is laughable

• trumpetguy
      2:34 pm July 23, 2019 Permalink

Still no Murray? Argument is always UK has nothing to gain, quite a bit to lose……isn’t that so with most of these other teams…….

• JTHinton
      2:45 pm July 23, 2019 Permalink

No need for an away game vs. any other school in state except UofL, but I think we should replace the cupcakes with Murray, Morehead, Bellarmine, etc.

4. VirginiaCat
    12:26 pm July 23, 2019 Permalink

I can remember a time when it would be unthinkable to relinquish season tickets. Once you got them, you held on for dear life. No more, apparently. It’s reasonable to assume that lackluster home games have contributed to the malaise.

5. 2andToodleLoo
    12:35 pm July 23, 2019 Permalink

*yawn*

6. UK Big Board Update
    12:36 pm July 23, 2019 Permalink

Page 4.

Give em up then, crybabies – someone will happily take them.

• OldSchoolCat
      2:59 pm July 23, 2019 Permalink

As I said below you can buy mine unless you’re all talk

• UK Big Board Update
      9:17 am July 24, 2019 Permalink

If I still lived in downtown Lexington, I mightve taken you up on it. But I live in NC now…

Put em up on Craigslist or something.

7. BallDontLie
    1:00 pm July 23, 2019 Permalink

Boring. Wish we played in an actual tournament vs these rotating double headers. Im cool with the champions classic because cant really go wrong with duke, kansas or MSU but who cares about ohio state, or ucla until they are relevant again. Battle for atlantis or maui would be fun.

8. Joe B. Y'all
    2:21 pm July 23, 2019 Permalink

Wish I lived there to snatch season tix up from y’all haters. It’s about the team in blue. And what about the SEC sched? I go to frickin exhibitions if I’m in town, just to see my team. Get a grip

• OldSchoolCat
      2:55 pm July 23, 2019 Permalink

You can buy mine if you want. I don’t plan to renew because of the home schedule and seats getting moved up after same 2 seats since Rupp opened. Bypass the red tape and I’ll sell them to you direct.

9. kywildcat_96
    3:37 pm July 23, 2019 Permalink

The season ticket holder used to be important to the program and university. Unfortunately, the big money comes from elsewhere now so we get what we get and are told to stay quiet and enjoy it from the arena or home. No one really cares

10. Cole28
    5:19 pm July 23, 2019 Permalink

Wow…. first year I’ve gotten season tickets… looking at this schedule, it will also be my last. Eesh…. Cable is cheaper, the seats are premium, and my fridge serves adult beverages regardless of the university policy. Lol