FINAL: Kentucky beats Lamar, 81-56

After reaching a 20-point lead by halftime, the Kentucky Wildcats finished strong, defeating Lamar by a final score of 81-56. The Cardinals put up a fight; in the second half alone, Lamar scored 35 points compared to Kentucky’s 40.

Tyrese Maxey led all scorers, finishing the night with 21 points, five rebounds, three assists and just one turnover. The freshman guard looked like his “old” self again (and by old self, I mean his play was finally comparable to what we saw against Michigan State at the beginning of this month). Nick Richards also earned himself another double-double, finishing with 10 points, 13 rebounds and seven blocks. Ashton Hagans ended the night just shy of a double-double of his own: 15 points and nine assists in 32 minutes of action.

Coach John Calipari and some of the players will be available shortly. Stay tuned for a live stream of tonight’s post-game press conference.

Here’s a look at the final stats.

Article written by Maggie Davis

I love sports, podcasts, long walks on the beach and Twitter (@MaggieDavisKSR)

7 Comments for FINAL: Kentucky beats Lamar, 81-56

1. Bluehender
    8:10 pm November 24, 2019 Permalink

Who’s next? Come see about it..

• 4everUKBlue
      8:17 pm November 24, 2019 Permalink

Lol!

• Bluehender
      8:32 pm November 24, 2019 Permalink

I guess everyone’s gone to church this evening 4ever

• 4everUKBlue
      9:14 pm November 24, 2019 Permalink

Yeah I’m sure that’s what it is Bluehender…Lol.

2. StillBP
    8:37 pm November 24, 2019 Permalink

The message boards are so peaceful when win. Go Cats!

3. Aar
    9:26 pm November 24, 2019 Permalink

Just based on stats, shoutout to Brooks, 7th in minutes, 4th in +/-!
    Just gotta say that choosing between best player of the game is tough, Maxey and Richards really stuffed the stats and delivered the intangibles. Hagans on the intangibles but not quite on the stats. Gotta give it to Richards based on how difficult it is to get blocks!
    My boy IQ let me down with a negative plus-minus.
    I think it’s a very luxiorious position to be in that I’m thinking “please, somebody buy Juzang a shot to get him started” but I should be a little bothered by Destiny’s shot. Gotta say that he’s getting better at staying in front of his man, though.
    OK. I’m having to choose between three Cats for my MVP, bummed that one had an off game and cheering on Cats that are improving (Juzang‘s and Sestina’s D). About right for BBN at the next to last November game. Time for the competition to improve….

After the exhibitions my expectations were low but potential felt high. Early season met expectations. Time to start realizing that potential.
    Pre-season, I said that Richards owned this team’s season. Now, I say the Maxey, Montgomery and Sestina own this team’s season. That’s due to Richards, Hagans and Quickley exceeding expectations. Once Maxey, Sestina and Montgomery rise, it might be time for Whitney, Brooks and Juzang to come around. I’m liking my Cats!

4. CrystalBall
    10:32 pm November 24, 2019 Permalink

Nice to have 3 guards shooting free throws over 90%.