Extremely intelligent Louisville fan calls for the end of the UK/UofL rivalry

pitino-cal_crop_650x440

One more post about Louisville fans and then I swear we’ll move on. This is too good to pass up. Check out this post from “ruralvillefan” on Card Chronicle, which calls for the end of the Kentucky/Louisville rivalry:

WE NEED TO IMMEDIATELY SHUT DOWN OUR REGULAR SEASON SERIES WITH KENTUCKY! PERIOD! If this were a UFC fight, we’d be tapped out, knocked out, or sung to sleep with a choke hold. If this were a boxing match our corner would be throwing in the towel. If this were a high school football game the mercy rule would be applied. If this were the playground we’d be screaming UNCLE while the school bully laughed (which is what UK fans are doing) while twisting our arm. Now before you call me names or label me a CC troll or hacker, answer me this question-honestly! “What benefit are we getting out of this series?” Answer that logically & truthfully. Give me real, credible reasons based on factual evidence & truth. Answer that please.

—–

I love Louisville Basketball, but I love it too much to see my team humiliated each year by a team that laughs at every thing about us. I know the games have been “close” in score; but I’m sick & tired of trying to find a silver lining every year. I’d much rather WONDER how we’d do against UK each year than WITNESS it in the regular season.

It really is delightful and worth a few minutes of your time. Check it out here.

8 Comments for Extremely intelligent Louisville fan calls for the end of the UK/UofL rivalry

1. catfan74
    4:59 pm December 30, 2014 Permalink

Sorry, but this has UK fan posting on UL board written all over it. When you say “before you call me a troll” in your post, you’re a troll.

Funny and, by all accounts, true though

• GrumpyOldDude
      7:43 pm December 30, 2014 Permalink

Read the Comments section, lots of users railing against him that indicate he’s a long-time CardChronicle contributor. Pretty sure it’s as “legit” as is possible on the internet.

2. RealCatsFan
    5:15 pm December 30, 2014 Permalink

I occasionally wander through “the belly of the beast” to see what the enemy is up to, and this one caught my eye too. The heading made me think he was going to talk solely about Jones’ flop, but it was so much more. The amazing thing was the UofL fans who actually agreed with him and seemed ready to throw in the towel on Pitino!

3. UKfaninLou
    5:25 pm December 30, 2014 Permalink

Man, it’s a great time to be a Kentucky fan!

4. Tom Blevins
    6:47 pm December 30, 2014 Permalink

I use my real name on here, and I’m going to be totally honest. I used to be a Louisville fan as well as a Kentucky fan. Then the Cards hired Denny Crum. His attitude that Kentucky had a totally inferior basketball program was a complete turnoff to me, and I felt I had to choose sides. I picked Big Blue, and as Denny’s needling became worse and worse, U of L morphed into the hated enemy. When he was forced into retirement, I thought that perhaps I could root for the Cards again, at least when they weren’t playing Kentucky. So Louisville hired Rick Pitino, and I felt betrayed. I rooted for the Celtics, when he was their coach. I would have rooted for Michigan if he had gone there. But for him to become the coach of Louisville. No way will I ever root for Louisville again! I rooted for Tennessee when they played Louisville, and I’ll root for Duke when they play the Cards in a few weeks.
    As for the fan who wants to discontinue the series, I know he’s not speaking for anyone other than himself, but he did get some other Card fans to agree with him. I suspect they are still in the minority, but if there is a great outcry and Louisville wants to discontinue the series, that’s fine with me. When you’re Kentucky, everybody wants to play you. If they don’t want to play us, we don’t need them.

5. urincatland
    7:11 pm December 30, 2014 Permalink

Serves Louisville and Indiana right!! I remember listening to The Afternoon Underdogs during Billy Clyde’s tenure and oh how Vanetti and Neft would laugh at UK…. Now it’s come back to bite them in the ARSE!! And I’m LOVING every minute of it. Go Cats and SCREW the CARDS AND HOOSIERS!!

6. Rixter

7. government assistance
    8. marital bliss
    9. graphic language
    10. Thank God I’m an Atheist

7. Catsby80
    10:41 am December 31, 2014 Permalink

well i just wasted about 15 minutes of my life i’ll never get back by checking out the CardChronicle website. don’t bother reading. it’s a bunch of bickering and bantering by the UofL fan base about Pitino and other UofL fans.