EXCLUSIVE: NCAA’s investigation of UofL scandal “essentially complete”

Let’s start the day with some breaking news, shall we? Sources tell KSR that the NCAA’s investigation into the University of Louisville sex scandal is “essentially complete.” Last week, investigators conducted interviews with two former players and held a final meeting with Katina Powell. The announcement of their findings should be released “any day, and almost certainly by the end of next week.”

Stay tuned to KSR for more information as it becomes available.

50 Comments for EXCLUSIVE: NCAA’s investigation of UofL scandal “essentially complete”

1. Sentient Third Eye
    9:41 am September 28, 2016 Permalink

I guess they need an extra day to sharpen the guillotine blade?

2. Catsby80
    9:44 am September 28, 2016 Permalink

As a Louisville resident, I’m going to work under the assumption that nothing is going to happen to them until it does. I don’t want to get my hopes up just to be let down. But man, I’m really hoping for the hammer.

3. Duuuuuude
    9:48 am September 28, 2016 Permalink

NCAA: We find that there were a lack of institutional controls over the ho’s being in the athlete’s dorm rooms, and that the coaching staff was able to use this as a recruiting tool to gain an advantage. However we do not find any intent to break any NCAA rules, so we will be sweeping this under the rug. Have a nice day.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:03 am September 28, 2016 Permalink

Or they could take the “UNC cop-out” route and declare that since a non-athlete was in the room (in this case, the stripper), that makes it a non-athletic issue. Though by that logic, Sandusky molesting children should have been outside NCAA authority as well.

• Megan
      12:23 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Sandusky WAS outside the NCAA’s authority. The NCAA had no business getting involved in that case, which had nothing to do with eligibility or competition, and that’s why it received a black eye for weighing in. It might have learned its lesson too well when it decided it had no jurisdiction in the UNC scandal, in which a member school committed academic fraud to keep its players eligible. At least the organization was on the side of morality in the Penn State matter.

The UofL case is too simple for the NCAA to look the other way. Expect a finding of improper benefits, ineligibility, vacated games, and further sanctions. Still, I suspect they’ll find some way not to vacate a national championship, but I can’t conceive of the mental gymnastics that would needed to avoid such a penalty. The NCAA can’t allow a player who received an impermissible benefit to compete in that game. Can they?

4. BobKYCats
    9:54 am September 28, 2016 Permalink

They were so mad at UofL they forced Idaho to move down to D-II.

5. secrick
    9:59 am September 28, 2016 Permalink

Come on NCAA do the right thing. Take that banner down.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:05 am September 28, 2016 Permalink

Now that the basketball team scandal may be finally winding down, it’s about time for Bobby P to do his part and get caught with another blonde on the back of his Harley. Come on Bobby, don’t disappoint us! 😀

7. runningunnin.454
    10:11 am September 28, 2016 Permalink

We have no fiducial or governing reign in regard to prostitution based recruiting or fraudulent classes in order to ensure athletes’ eligibility. We appreciate your interest.

8. CrazyCayts
    10:18 am September 28, 2016 Permalink

Its like Kentucky Football; I’ll believe it when I see it….

9. Big Blue Shawn
    10:36 am September 28, 2016 Permalink

I guess Pitino will resign soon, since Matt promised he would be fired.

• Booby Petrino
      11:23 am September 28, 2016 Permalink

Matt knew UofL was sleazy, he just didn’t know they were sleazy enough to keep a coach after 2 sex scandals. He gave them too much credit. The rest of us knew UofL was that disgusting.

1:44 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Wait, are you defending Pitino and UL…….??

• Big Blue Shawn
      2:22 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Whatever makes you feel better detective. I’ll pray for your anger issues.

2:23 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Who said I’m angry?!? LMAO

I’m just calling your stupid ass out… 😉

2:30 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

I think its FUN.

Its also hilarious when dim-witted UL trolls like yourself show up out of nowhere, talk shit about veteran posters, and defend UL/Pitino, and think you’re fooling anyone!! LMFAO

But please, CONTINUE!!! 😀

10. dsims0004
    10:43 am September 28, 2016 Permalink

I hope they get the hammer, like the one Katina got….

11. UKBlueGreen
    11:11 am September 28, 2016 Permalink

I was tailgating this week-end. It looks like our scandals are much worse than people realize. We don’t need to be poking fun at Louisville. I’m not a Pitino fan, but I don’t see him leaving Louisville.

• Biglaw Dawgin'
      11:19 am September 28, 2016 Permalink

^ Logic of a Looville fan. Where did you go tailgating, the back alley behind Spearmint Rhino?

• Booby Petrino
      11:24 am September 28, 2016 Permalink

Please tell us which scandals we are having that are worse than hiring prostitutes for players and underage recruits, and knocking up a ho at a restaurant and paying for her blackmail and abortion?

• Big Blue Shawn
      11:33 am September 28, 2016 Permalink

Maybe Stoops waving his dong all over campus?

• ukjaybrat
      11:46 am September 28, 2016 Permalink

not saying it isn’t true, bc i don’t know. but as of right now, that is still just a rumor… not a scandal…

• J-Dub421
      12:17 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Hey Shawn, that rumor is also false. Kind of like the false rumor you tried really hard to start about Derek Willis last month.

• Big Blue Shawn
      12:44 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

No one said it wasn’t true except for Matt. Funny how before the game he wouldn’t talk about it. We get a win and he puts out a 3 or 4 word tweet and sheep like you believe it.

And by the way, I didn’t start the Willis rumor. I simply asked about it because it was all over Twitter that day. And he was at the bar the day in question. What happened there, who knows. You call me out but all you do is blindly believe everything uk and your love affair with jones is sickening. How do you walk around without a spine?

1:21 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Not so fast, my friend!!

Justin Rowland ‏@RowlandRIVALS Sep 25
      Based on every conversation I’ve had with every source I trust there is no truth to any of the rumors that were so widely circulated.

1:23 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Now go away, crybaby.

• Big Blue Shawn
      1:32 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Way to cherry pick Hill Billy. He also made comments on his site that said he thought at least part of the rumors were true. And even said he didn’t think he’d be back next year. Now get back to sticking your head up J-Dub and Matt’s anus.

1:35 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Are you trying to make friends with fellow BBN fans? Because you’re not doing it right.

U mad….

1:37 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Can I get a GO CATS, bro??!?!!? C’mon!!!

1:38 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Maybe drop a hashtag #L1C8?!?!? You got it in ya? LMAO

1:39 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

F***ing p*ssy crybaby….

• Big Blue Shawn
      1:45 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Sounds like you are the one that is all upset. I’m sure J-dub will give you one of her man hugs. Take a deep breath, everything is going to be ok.

1:48 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

I know right? We are going to beat your Tards – again – at the Bum Center. #L1C9 GO CATS!!!

😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

1:48 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Any more news on Derek Willis, btw? LMFAO!!!!!!!

• Big Blue Shawn
      1:50 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

I assume after passing out in the middle of the street he got help with his drinking problem.

1:53 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Can I get a GO CATS, man?!?!?!

1:55 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Remember when we knocked the defending champs out of the NCAA tournament in ’14 after they owned us all game? That was awesome, wasn’t it?!? GO CATS #L1C8

1:56 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

And then thier idiot fans BLAMED THE REFS?!?!?!? LMFAO!!!

You must agree, that was pathetic, wasn’t it?

2:00 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Or last year, when they brought in two 5th year seniors, STILL got beat by UK, and THEN COULDN’T PLAY IN THE TOURNAMENT BECAUSE OF HOOKERS??? That had to SUCK!!!

And then they got RINGS!!! Haaaaaa! What is wrong with those people, eh?? 😉

• Big Blue Shawn
      2:03 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Yep, agree 100 percent. Just because I don’t fall in line with cheerleaders like J-dub doesn’t make me a troll. I have had uk football season tickets for 13 years. After the USM game, I decided not to go or give away any of my tickets for the rest of the year. Want to see empty stadium and Stoops run out of town. I’m not going to be part of the problem. I also attend 3 or 4 basketball games a year and was actually at the uk/UofL game and watched the tards miss at the buzzer. It was awesome.

2:08 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

I’ve had season tickets to UL basketball for 38 years. I’m no UK troll. 😉

Also, you capitalized USM and UofL, and not UK. Thats a very “Louisville-message-board” thing to do. Just a little heads up.

Oh, you forgot to add “GO CATS, #L1C8”!!!!

Loser.

• Big Blue Shawn
      2:27 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Whatever detective. I’ll pray for your anger and mental issues. Maybe one day McDonald’s will put you in charge of fries and you can move out of your mom’s basement.

2:31 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Oh, sick burn bro….

2:32 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

U mad, and your university is a scandal-ridden joke.

• Big Blue Shawn
      4:14 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Why would you talk so negatively toward UK. I thought you were a fan. I never realized we were a scandal-ridden joke. Have run a pretty clean program since the 80’s. You should have your fan card removed. Go Cats!

4:22 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

Wow. That went right over your head.

You are a dumbass.

12. Biglaw Dawgin'
    11:17 am September 28, 2016 Permalink

The NCAA will probably punish the women’s basketball team severely, just like they did at UNC. http://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/how-unc-mens-basketball-football-could-avoid-punishment-from-ncaa/

13. ukisgr8
    3:07 pm September 28, 2016 Permalink

What rumors are you guys talking about? Obviously, no cheating in football. If there is then that is just horrible. If a man is going to cheat, atleast win. Big Blue shawn, you might as well go ahead and take the Big Blue out of your name. Your anger against people that dont believe your rumor mill is just too much to believe you are a UK fan. I’d be disappointed, hurt, but angry at others? That’s just stupid