ESPN’s sit down with Isaac Humphries

IH

Yesterday ESPN aired Shannon Spake’s sit down with Isaac Humphries. In the video Humphries discusses coming to Kentucky, singing and dealing with bullies.

Humphries tell us that first song he learned was Skyscrapers by Demi Lovato and why the song means so much to him. When Humphries started to sing, I instantly got the chills.

If you haven’t seen the video, you need to. If you have seen it, you need to watch it again and again. With last night’s unfortunate ending, Isaac Humphries needs all the love we can give him.

You can watch the full video here.

Article written by Kindsey Bernhard

Lover of dogs, sports and beer. @kindseybernhard

7 Comments for ESPN’s sit down with Isaac Humphries

1. Smyrna_Cat
    1:17 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

Tough situation for Isaac with the technical, but he played great in the game. It was a mistake of youth and enthusiasm, so I can live with that. This game didn’t make a lot of difference to the season, but I think it will be a great learning experience for Isaac. Love the kid!!!!

2. Lalbright
    1:19 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

Beautiful

3. BoroBankCat
    1:33 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

I’m a huge fan of Isaac and the technical didn’t change that a bit. He’s a hard worker, seems to have a great head on his shoulders, and you could tell he hated having that technical called more than anyone. From a fan’s perspective, I’d much rather see that mistake now than in March anyway, and I seriously doubt you see him doing anything like that going forward. It’s fun to watch him work so hard.

4. mikeintn
    1:48 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

The only thing I remember about Isaac last night is how great he played, and looking forward to seeing him play more, great guy.

5. 2thepoint
    2:00 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

I feel so sorry for him. He takes pride in accomplishments and has a compassionate heart. I hope he doesn’t let this setback consume him. That wasn’t what lost the game. There was a collective letdown almost all game long. Issac has improved so much and I believe by tourney time he will be better yet. When he decides to be mean under the basket he will be something.

6. Buddkat
    3:40 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

Hes a good kid, he played hard and got a little excited, could happen to anybody in that situation. That was’nt the only thing that cost the game.

7. BBNBRIAN
    4:26 pm February 21, 2016 Permalink

The dude is barely 18 and already banging with the best bigs in the SEC… Imagine what a summer in the gym and weightroom with Tai. Those two could be a force to reckon with next year.