ESPN’s new Bracketology has the Cats in St. Louis

ESPN’s Joe Lunardi released his latest NCAA Tournament projection today and he predicts Kentucky will be a two-seed playing out of St. Louis in the West region.

Lunardi’s projected West bracket has Oklahoma as the one, followed by Kentucky, Virginia, Arizona, Purdue, Oregon, Gonzaga and Michigan.

In this scenario, the Cats would open up with CSU Bakersfiled, then meet either Michigan or Kyle Wiltjer and Gonzaga in the next round.

Screen Shot 2016-01-11 at 3.31.55 PM

ESPN: Bracketology

Article written by Drew Franklin

8 Comments for ESPN’s new Bracketology has the Cats in St. Louis

1. SanDiegoCats
    4:49 pm January 11, 2016 Permalink

I like this one. I’m sure it won’t change at all either.

2. Sentient Third Eye
    4:52 pm January 11, 2016 Permalink

If this was the actual bracket we got, I’d be happy.

3. Laker Cat 18
    4:56 pm January 11, 2016 Permalink

Our bigs don’t want any part of Oklahoma. Everyone else is beatable though.

• deltasig41
      5:02 pm January 11, 2016 Permalink

There’s no question Oklahoma is better than us, but they’re also heavily reliant on the jump shot. Catch them on a cold-shooting night, and it could be a very winnable matchup.

Of course, there’s a lot of assumptions there. To be honest, I’m more surprised we’re a 2-seed than seeing the actual bracket itself. Perhaps that loss at LSU didn’t hurt us as badly as we thought, eh?

• Laker Cat 18
      5:19 pm January 11, 2016 Permalink

I’m not a fan of bracket pairings this early in the season. Highly doubtful this is where we’ll be and the road we’ll play. I see Oklahoma sitting there and I fear them. I fear them because they shoot very well from the outside and they rebound very well on the inside. They have 4 guys who shoot better than 42% from three and 2 of them shoot over 52%. The odds of one of them having an off day? Good. The odds of all of them being off? Slim. They’re the 3rd best scoring team and the 4th best rebounding team in college basketball. Wouldn’t shock me to see them cut the nets. We’re not a 2-seed. I’d be shocked if we entered the tournament as a 5-seed today.

• Laker Cat 18
      5:21 pm January 11, 2016 Permalink

My point is that the odds are very good that the guards will get 2nd chances to shoot every 3 they take. We have no one who will crash the boards with authority.

4. kygolfkat51
    5:02 pm January 11, 2016 Permalink

UK will not go West. They will play in
    Louisville.

5. 2thepoint
    8:36 pm January 11, 2016 Permalink

OK I like because of their nice guy coach, but he chokes in highly contested games toward the end just like he did at KU late in the game. Of course, Bill Self chokes late in games too as he did against OK. Then I doubt they will face a guard like Ulis. I think KY takes them away from their spots. Having said that I think both OK and KU loses more games. KY will get measurably better so no faint heart here.