ESPN’s E:60 on Rex Chapman premieres on Friday

Has anyone had a more random career path than Rex Chapman? On Friday, ESPN will debut a new E:60 entitled “Being Rex Chapman,” which chronicles Rex’s journey from Kentucky to the NBA, through the shoplifting/opioid episode, and now, social media stardom.

With over 575,000 followers on Twitter, Rex has made a second living sharing funny clips. Adult Swim even made an online stream dedicated to his Block or Charge memes, which Rex and David Helmers host each Thursday night. This morning, ESPN shared a preview of the E:60, which includes a familiar voice:

“Being Rex Chapman” premieres Friday at 7 p.m. on ESPN. While we’re on the subject, kudos to him for using his platform to raise money for non-profit organizations providing COVID-19 relief across the country.

Good on ya, Rex. Now, more dog videos, please. Bruh.

9 Comments for ESPN’s E:60 on Rex Chapman premieres on Friday

1. michaelb
    12:32 pm March 23, 2020 Permalink

Rex was Jordan to me. I’m sooo thankful for this production. And what a gutsy guy to just own up to his mistake and bounced back like he has . He’s go such expert insight on the show , I never miss his segment now a days .

2. michaelb
    12:35 pm March 23, 2020 Permalink

He understands the young athlete still , I think he should be put on the staff eventually. He could help reel these guys back in if they get to hi or hit a slump .

3. Jpcat15
    1:37 pm March 23, 2020 Permalink

I don’t agree with Rex on virtually anything that has to do with politics but is 1 of my all time favorite players and the block/charge tweets are awesome. Glad he bounced back from his addiction and that he has stayed close to the program. Hoping we have another up and coming player from the state that can excite fans like he did in the near future.

4. TPACAT
    2:23 pm March 23, 2020 Permalink

Hell, I’m just glad he stopped singing on the pre-game show. I finally couldn’t take it anymore and wrote WLAP and told them I had stopped listening to the pre-game for the first time in 35+ years and would continue to do so until they put an end to it…

• bkeith75
      5:16 pm March 23, 2020 Permalink

You wrote a letter to WLAP because Rex sang on the pre-game show? You must have a lot more extra time than most people do.

• TPACAT
      9:39 am March 24, 2020 Permalink

Damn right, I did. Did you hear it? Worth every second!

5. Rick_S
    3:12 am March 24, 2020 Permalink

Rex tries too hard to act cool..50 years old wearing shoes without socks like he’s 20

6. BIGblueFootBallGuy
    10:48 am March 24, 2020 Permalink

I am so proud of Rex for over coming addiction. I have been around it my whole life with family and my job and know how bad it can over take a person.

7. Curtis Lowe
    9:54 pm March 24, 2020 Permalink

Rex was an absolute stud! As a 5 yr old kid he was the reason I picked up a basketball. My favorite cat of all time. He was absolutely the king of kentucky! ” REXINGTON”