ESPN’s Dick Vitale joins Matt Jones on Hey Kentucky!

Legendary ESPN commentator Dick Vitale will be calling the next two Kentucky basketball games, so why not talk to him about what he thinks of this year’s Wildcats?

Vitale joined Matt Jones on Hey Kentucky to break down all things Kentucky basketball, including their recent big victories over North Carolina and Louisville, overcoming their opening-night loss to Duke, and what to expect going forward.

Check out Vitale’s analysis here:

Outside of Vitale’s interview, Lee Cruse joined Matt in the studio to talk today’s headlines, including sexual harassment claims in Frankfort and where Kentucky basketball stands in the latest bracketology polls. Plus, there’s still BEEF between Enes Kanter and the Turkish government…

Take a look at the entire episode below:

Go Cats!

[mobile_ad]

Article written by KSR

11 Comments for ESPN’s Dick Vitale joins Matt Jones on Hey Kentucky!

1. ohiokatfan
    10:28 pm January 17, 2019 Permalink

I may be on an island with this, but I love that guy. Met him once and he is the real deal. Passionate as hell and willing to spend time talking to anyone and everyone. Annoying at times of course, but I still appreciate his passion and genuine love for the game .

• bigbluebanana
      10:44 pm January 17, 2019 Permalink

Ditto, I e always really liked the guy and I’ll miss him when he’s gone.

• runningunnin.454
      9:18 am January 18, 2019 Permalink

Same here; great ambassador for the game. He was there in the early days of ESPN, and I believe called their first college basketball game.

2. CombatMedic_98
    10:55 pm January 17, 2019 Permalink

Stood behind him and his family waiting in line going into the San Antonio arena in ‘98 for the final four…man of class and candor as just another fan in the crowd, but he absolutely hates KY I believe!!!

• 4everUKblue
      9:34 am January 18, 2019 Permalink

That’s the first thing you’ve said that makes sense Slater/Bigolblue.

• 4everUKblue
      9:47 am January 18, 2019 Permalink

But that reminds me, you’re quite the Kentucky/Cal/TW hater yourself. But on the other hand you’re a Gunnar Hoak jock sniffer.

3. Sutherland
    9:22 am January 18, 2019 Permalink

Matt Please stay out of Politics on your very find Sports program.
    We all have our Hot Spots within Politics and it is best left alone…
    I will presume you are leaning to the Left and Libral…but that is your Prerogative…but please save it for when you run for Governor – Not on your excellent KSR and our Beloved Kentucky Sports Program…

I loved the Dan K…Program you ran yesterday…I went to his website and it was a hoot..

Willis Sutherland
    Sarasota formerly of Danville Kentucky and the Ball Boy on the Danville Admirals 1962 Football Champions..

God Bless

4. BLUEDOUG65
    9:26 am January 18, 2019 Permalink

Dick Vitale has helped make college basketball what it is today. Plain and simple

5. sincitycat
    11:12 am January 18, 2019 Permalink

Even if we win, Dukie V. always ruins games for me. And remember, he said Kentucky fans ran off Coach Smith which was not true. I do appreciate his efforts on cancer research so I thank him.

6. CoachCat
    11:39 am January 18, 2019 Permalink

I can’t wait until the Duke/UNC fanboy retires. He spends time talking about those two teams every time he does a Kentucky game. Compound that with his love for Ricky P and you have a game where you turn down the tv volume and listen to Leech.

7. sincitycat
    5:38 pm January 18, 2019 Permalink

And remember, Dukie V. loves Kentucky’s number one hater: Robert Montgomery Knight.