Elbows and Technicals are Everywhere at the Yum! Center

@ESPNCBB

@ESPNCBB

@ESPNCBB

Duke’s trip to Louisville has been…let’s call it entertaining.

Without a postseason to play for, Louisville brought intensity and emotion.  It helped them comeback from 14 down to take the lead, but it also gave them an early technical when Jaylen Johnson introduced Grayson Allen to his elbow.

I never thought I’d say this but, “I appreciate you, Jaylen Johnson.”

Things only got worse for the Dookies.  Coach K was rightfully complaining about a terrible charge call on Grayson Allen when he received a technical before a TV timeout.

Shortly after, Grayson Allen received his fifth foul, responding with a “THAT’S ****ING BULL****!”  He got T’d up on his way to the bench, pretty much putting the game out of reach.

Well Louisville, when you look back on this season, at least you have a win over Duke.  Too bad you couldn’t beat them by 11 like another team I know.

W

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

9 Comments for Elbows and Technicals are Everywhere at the Yum! Center

1. Big Kat
    2:27 pm February 20, 2016 Permalink

When was the last time Coach K got a T??

2. roundball fool
    2:48 pm February 20, 2016 Permalink

Bizarro world. Up is down, down is up. K and Duke’s golden boy guard get T’d up?

3. 25OR624
    3:33 pm February 20, 2016 Permalink

One of the best games I’ve seen this year. Dook displayed zero class. uavel, in typical thug fashion, displayed little class as well. The elbow to Grayson Allen’s mouth was uncool. While the punk is a dicker, I felt sad for him. But he hooks defenders (charge), walks, runs over folks on D – and finally he was called for it. So he and Coach K have meltdowns like a two year old because things did not go their way. Pittiful. Fans of both clubs should be embarrassed.

• BigBlueBoom
      3:51 pm February 20, 2016 Permalink

I had a feeling there would be some retaliation for when Allen tripped the Louisville player a few weeks ago. The elbow was ugly, but I didn’t feel bad for him bc tripping was such a b*tch move.

4. snl1960
    3:48 pm February 20, 2016 Permalink

AMAZING. that’s all I can say, did u watch the game AMAZING . The players played AMAZING , did you see it . Man you missed it. It was AMAZING. what bout that coach.not Louisville fan but less of a duke fan

5. Steady
    4:04 pm February 20, 2016 Permalink

Gracie Allen makes me sick.

6. Mc12
    4:39 pm February 20, 2016 Permalink

An okay game. Duke generally gets a lot of calls including ticky tack fouls, and then they get mugged and held vs the press and can’t handle it and lose their composure.
    I thought the refs were pretty bad, which has been a theme this season.

7. nschulte13
    6:03 pm February 20, 2016 Permalink

Watching that clip over and over. Am I the only one that thinks Allen threw an elbow first?

8. 2Dogs
    11:58 am February 21, 2016 Permalink

I didn’t see the play but if Allen and Duke got cracked on a bad charging call that’s karma. How many charging calls have they taken over the years that were nothing more than overacted flops?